||National Teen Test Day observed in Chicago
This article shared 4179 times since Fri Feb 1, 2008
Chicago teens were the targets of an HIV/AIDS educational outreach program that took place Jan. 5, a date organizations called National Teen Test Day.
On that date, an event sponsored by the Metropolitan Area Group for Igniting Civilizations, Inc. ( MAGIC ) and the National Teen Test Day Foundation received the support of politicians such as Congressmen Danny K. Davis and Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, according to a press release from Miles Media & Marketing.
Over 500 youths and adults were tested for HIV and enjoyed a concert at the Harold Washington Cultural Center, 4701 S. Martin Luther King, that featured Chicago artists Crucial Conflict and Malik Yusef, among others, according to ChicagoTribune.com .
This article shared 4179 times since Fri Feb 1, 2008
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Out at CHM: Panelists discuss HIV/AIDS' continued impact on dance community 2022-06-25|
- The Chicago History Museum (CHM) hosted a June 23 panel with doctors and dancers who shared their experiences with the HIV/AIDS epidemic as well as ideas for continuing to address the disease today. Following the discussion, ...
|CDC reminds people that National HIV Testing Day is June 27 2022-06-24|
-- From a press release - June 27 is National HIV Testing Day (NHTD), a day to emphasize the importance of HIV testing and make sure everyone knows their status so they can take steps to improve their health, regardless of the ...
|100 HIV groups call on Congress to fund Biden's National PrEP Program 2022-06-16|
-- From a press release - (New York City, NY) Wednesday, June 15, 2022—PrEP4All, Inc., along with 100 HIV organizations, are leading the push for Congress to fund a National Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Program that would ...
|TPAN to host Closing Ceremony for Ride For Life Chicago June 19 2022-06-15|
-- From a press release - Chicago, IL—TPAN will host the Closing Ceremony of the Ride For Life Chicago on Sunday, June 19 at Foster Beach from noon-5pm. Cyclists will complete their 200-, 100-, and 50-mile rides to converge at the beach ...
|Governor signs bills expanding access to HIV- and AIDS-related care and prevention 2022-06-14|
-- From a press release - Chicago—Governor JB Pritzker signed HB4430 and HB5549 into law today, removing barriers to access for HIV and AIDS care and prevention. HB4430 allows pharmacists to dispense both pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis drugs (PrEP and PEP) without ...
|AIDS Run & Walk Chicago to now take place Oct. 2 2022-06-08|
- The 31st Annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago will now take place on Sunday, October 2. The annual event helps raise awareness and funds for individuals who are living with or vulnerable to HIV/AIDS across Chicagoland. ...
|Community and politicians gather to open the AIDS Memorial Garden 2022-06-02|
- Chicagoans gathered at the lakefront the morning of June 2 for the ribbon-cutting and grand opening of the city's long-awaited AIDS Memorial Garden. "There are so many ones who have passed who have come to witness ...
|amfAR gala is highlight of Cannes Film Festival, raises $19M 2022-05-28|
- The amfAR gala, the highlight of the famed Cannes Film Festival, returned as a glamorous in-person event May 26 at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes, France, according to a press release. amfAR, The Foundation for ...
|Howard Brown Health unveils Pride mural at Walsh Park 2022-05-26|
- On May 25, Howard Brown Health unveiled a mural celebrating Pride month, in collaboration with local artist David Anthony Geary. The unveiling took place at Walsh Park, 1722 N. Ashland Ave. Wintrust Bank's ongoing community partnership ...
|CDC publishes new HIV surveillance reports 2022-05-24|
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published a new HIV surveillance report: Diagnoses of HIV Infection in the United States and Dependent Areas, 2020; and a new HIV supplemental surveillance report: Monitoring Selected National ...
|HIV/AIDS activist Rae Lewis-Thornton on her new memoir, 'Unprotected' 2022-05-18|
- Emmy-winning HIV/AIDS activist, author, minister, political organizer, motivational speaker, life coach, jewelry designer and social media figure Rae Clara Lewis-Thornton's recently released book, Unprotected: A Memoir, is already a pre-release ...
|PASSAGES Dr. David Ostrow dies at 74 2022-05-14|
- Longtime researcher Dr. David Gene Ostrow, of Chicago, died unexpectedly on Feb. 16 at home. He was 74. The cause of death was end-stage renal disease, according to the Tribute Archive website. Ostrow was born on ...
|Running squad 'Team to End AIDS' calls for participants to raise funds 2022-05-10|
-- From a press release - (Chicago, IL) Over the last 19 years, TEAM TO ENDS AIDS (T2)—the only HIV charity fundraising marathon team in the Midwest—has raised more than $13 million for HIV/AIDS awareness and direct support for those living with ...
|Book-signing for HIV/AIDS activist's 'Unprotected: A Memoir' on May 21 2022-05-05|
-- From a press release - "I had been torn apart by the doings of others and blamed myself for surviving to the best of my ability. It would literally take decades for me to understand that I was the product of what happened to me." Emmy ...
|NATIONAL Campus Pride, HIV and the military, IVF suit, Billie Jean King 2022-05-01|
- Campus Pridealong with 36 other national/regional organizations such as GLSEN, PFLAG National and TransAthlete.comrequested that the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) incorporate non-binary students into ...