|National Latino LGBT Publication Debuts
This article shared 4012 times since Thu Jun 1, 2006
There's a new kid on the magazine block—and it caters exclusively to the Latino LGBT community.
You-Tú Magazine, a bimonthly publication, will be in nightspots, bookstores and various music stores starting in June. The first issue will feature Noelia, one of the most popular singers of the moment, on its cover, according to a press release.
The magazine will have a national circulation of 20,000 and the target age group will be 21 to 50.
In addition to an interview with the cover subject, the premiere issue will include a special tribute to the late Rocio Durcal, one of the greatest interpreters of Latin music. There will also a special report on domestic violence as well as the most recent trends in fashion and entertainment.
You-Tú Magazine has established a partnership with several media outlets including Terra.com/VidaBlue, gaywired.com and latinoglo.com . In addition, the publication supports OUTFEST 2006 and Gay Games VII.
See www.you-tu.com .
This article shared 4012 times since Thu Jun 1, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE
|State Rep. Kelly Cassidy attacked on social media, allegedly by backers of Burke 2024-02-26
- Illinois state Rep. Kelly Cassidya supporter of Cook County state's attorney Democratic candidate Clayton Harris IIIposted on social media that a backer of Eileen O'Neill Burke, who's running against Harris ...
|Chicago Bears hire first woman assistant coach 2024-02-21
- The Chicago Bears are hiring Jennifer King as an offensive assistant, according to The Chicago Sun-Times and other media outlets. She will be an assistant running backs coach. Kingwho will become the first female assistant coach ...
|Oprah Winfrey, Niecy Nash-Betts to be honored at the 35 annual GLAAD Media Awards in LA March 14 2024-02-20
--From a press release - Los Angeles, CA -Feb. 20, 2024 - GLAAD announced that global media leader, producer, philanthropist, actress and author Oprah Winfrey will receive GLAAD'sVanguard Award and Emmy-winning actress and producer Niecy ...
|GLAAD releases report on LGBTQ+ inclusion in video games 2024-02-19
- LGBTQ+ media-advocacy organization GLAAD has released a report on queer inclusion in the world of video games. Among the key findings in "Gaming: The State of LGBTQ Inclusion in Video Games" is that 17%—nearly one in ...
|Second Glance Productions hosts LGBTQupid Soiree 2024-02-16
- In celebration of Valentine's Day, Chicago based film and media production company Second Glance hosted The LBGTQupid Soiree. The event, which was focused on spinning attitudes on this particular day, was presented at The iO ...
|GLAAD finds missed chances for LGBTQ+ inclusion in Super Bowl ads 2024-02-12
--From a press release - Sunday, Feb. 11, 2024 — GLAAD is reacting to a lack of LGBTQ storytelling in ads that aired duringSuper Bowl LVIII on Feb. 11 and is reminding brands, corporations and advertising agencies why including the LGBTQ ...
|GLAAD, NFL host third annual pre-Super Bowl event 'A Night of Pride' 2024-02-08
- On Feb. 7, LGBTQ+ media-advocacy organization GLAAD, along with The National Football League (NFL), hosted the third annual "A Night of Pride" at Caesar's Palace in Super Bowl LVIII's host city of Las Vegas, a press ...
|GALECA announces nominees for the Dorian Film Awards 2024-02-07
--From a press release - Feb. 5, 2024 - GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics, consisting of over 500 entertainment critics, journalists and media icons, today announced the group's democratically chosen nominees for its 15th Dorian Film Awards. All of ...
|GLAAD remembers Cecilia Gentili, transgender Latina, actress, activist, health care activist, journalist 2024-02-06
--From a press release - (New York, NY - February 6, 2024) GLAAD, the world's largest LGBTQ media advocacy organization, is responding to the death of transgender actress and advocate Cecilia Gentili and elevating voices of transgender and political leaders honoring ...
|Comcast NBCUniversal partners with News is Out, Word In Black on fellowship program highlighting Black, LGBTQ+ issues 2024-02-06
--From a press release - Digital Equity Local Voices Lab Fellows to be placed at 16 local publications to receive training and create content Philadelphia (Feb. 6, 2024) — News is Out [ https://newsisout.com ] , a queer media collaborative of ...
|Tara VanDerveer becomes winningest coach in college basketball 2024-01-22
- Stanford University women's basketball coach and gender-rights advocate Tara VanDerveer became the college-basketball coach with the most wins ever on Jan. 21, media outlets reported. After her team defeated Oregon State 65-56, VanDerveer has 1,203 ca ...
|GLAAD announces nominees for the 35th annual GLAAD Media Awards 2024-01-21
--From a press release - Following its acceptance of the iconic Governors Award at the 2023 Emmys Ceremony presented by the Television Academy, GLAAD announced the nominees for the 35th Annual GLAAD Media Awards. The GLAAD Media Awards honor media for ...
|Northwestern grad Calzada joins Windy City Times team 2024-01-16
Windy City Times news release - Lu Calzada has joined Windy City Times for a five-month fellowship position funded by Northwestern University's Local News Accelerator project. Lu graduated with their master's in journalism from Northwestern in 2023. During their time at NU, ...
|NATIONAL Trans Health Equity Act, school policy, drag items, Don Lemon, Danica Roem 2024-01-12
- The Trans Health Equity Acta law that requires Maryland's Medicaid program to cover gender-affirming treatmentstook effect Jan. 1, The Washington Blade noted. In May 2023, Democratic Gov. Wes Moore signed the act. The law covers hormone ...
|Women's pro-hockey league starts play in Toronto 2024-01-02
- It's a new year—and a new league. On New Year's Day, the first Professional Women's Hockey League (PWHL) started play, media outlets noted. New York scored a 4-0 win over host Toronto in front of a ...