||National Latino LGBT Publication Debuts
This article shared 3682 times since Thu Jun 1, 2006
There's a new kid on the magazine block—and it caters exclusively to the Latino LGBT community.
You-Tú Magazine, a bimonthly publication, will be in nightspots, bookstores and various music stores starting in June. The first issue will feature Noelia, one of the most popular singers of the moment, on its cover, according to a press release.
The magazine will have a national circulation of 20,000 and the target age group will be 21 to 50.
In addition to an interview with the cover subject, the premiere issue will include a special tribute to the late Rocio Durcal, one of the greatest interpreters of Latin music. There will also a special report on domestic violence as well as the most recent trends in fashion and entertainment.
You-Tú Magazine has established a partnership with several media outlets including Terra.com/VidaBlue, gaywired.com and latinoglo.com . In addition, the publication supports OUTFEST 2006 and Gay Games VII.
See www.you-tu.com .
This article shared 3682 times since Thu Jun 1, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Broadway titan Stephen Sondheim dies at 91 2021-11-27|
- Stephen Sondheim, one of the giants of Broadway songwriting, died Nov. 26 at his home in Roxbury, Connecticut, according to media reports. He was 91. Among the works in the legend's oeuvre are Company (1970), Follies ...
|Three white men found guilty in fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery 2021-11-24|
- On Nov. 24, a jury found three white men guilty of murder and other charges in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery, who was Black, early last year, according to media reports. Father and son Gregory ...
|Christina Kahrl, Monica Roberts named to LGBTQ Journalists Hall of Fame 2021-11-22|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. (November 22, 2021) — Today, NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists announced that BaseballProspectus.com co-founder and San Francisco Chronicle sports editor Christina Kahrl and TransGriot founder Monica Roberts ...
|Eychaner helps launch Midwest media outlet 2021-11-18|
- Major Chicago-based Democratic donor Fred Eychaner is funding a new media outlet that launched Nov. 18, and which is aimed at covering state and local political races in the Midwest, Politico reported. The outfit combines Heartland ...
|Word is Out: Queer Media Collaborative launched by LMA 2021-11-17|
--From a press release - Local Media Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of Word Is Out: The Queer Media Collaborative, with initial funding from the Google News Initiative Innovation Challenge. The Queer Media Collaborative (QMC) will focus on business ...
|WORLD China clinic, lesbian couple, Mr. Gay World, Ghana bill 2021-11-14|
- China launched its first medical clinic to treat transgender children and adolescents, NBC News reported. The Chinese state-backed media outlet The Global Times recently reported that the clinic opened at the Children's Hospital of Fudan University ...
|Russia labels LGBTQ+ group 'foreign agents' 2021-11-09|
- On Nov. 8, Russia declared the main group defending LGBTQ+ rights a "foreign agent" as part of a continuing crackdown on media outlets and rights groups, The Moscow Times reported. The Russian LGBT Network, which was ...
|GLAAD releases latest Accelerating Acceptance Study 2021-11-03|
--From a press release - New York, NY - Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2021 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, today announced the findings of its seventh annual Accelerating Acceptance Study, a nationa ...
|'Out of the Shadows, Into the Streets' LGBTQ+ Representation in the Media' panel Nov. 4 2021-10-21|
--From a press release - In recent years LGBTQ+ people have increasingly seen representations of themselves, celebrations of their lives and stories, and coverage of LGBTQ+ issues across media channels. This has led to a worldwide rise in understanding, cultural acceptance, ...
|Dozens of celebrities, companies set to take part in Spirit Day on Oct. 21 2021-10-15|
--From a press release - New York, NY, Thursday, October 14, 2021 - Today, GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, announced a preliminary list of celebrities, shows ...
|Sisters in Cinema, DocuClub providing consulting opportunities to filmmakers 2021-10-07|
- Sisters in Cinemaa Chicago-based 501(C)3 that aims to center and celebrate Black girls, women and gender non-conforming media makersand DocuClub, a work-in-progress screening series, have entered into a strategic partnership ...
|Chicago Reader celebrates 50th anniversary 2021-09-28|
--From a press release - The Chicago Reader, a fearless, innovative, and nationally respected media voice in Chicago since 1971, is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a variety of exhibitions, events, and projects. The Chicago Reader's first issue was October 1, ...
|GLAAD releases 'Local Media Accountability Index - U.S. South' 2021-09-23|
--From a press release - GLAADhe world's largest LGBTQ media-advocacy organizationhas released its "Local Media Accountability Index - U.S. South," a measurement and evaluation of LGBTQ and HIV coverage in local news outlets across nine ...
|Gavin Newsom wins Calif. recall election 2021-09-15|
- On Sept. 14, California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom defeated a GOP-backed effort to remove him from office, media outlets reported. Speaking from Sacramento, Newsom thanked Californians for rejecting the recall effort, according to CNN.com. He also ...
|Britney Spears' dad petitions to end conservatorship 2021-09-08|
- In a huge win for pop star Britney Spears, her father and the conservator of her estate, Jamie Spears, filed a petition to end the arrangement on Sept. 7, media outlets reported. Jamie cited his daughter's ...