||'Mr Sulu' Comes Out
This article shared 2249 times since Thu Dec 1, 2005
While the Star Trek series has been accused of ignoring issues of sexuality in galaxies far, far away, on earth it appears that one of the original Trekkies had something hidden in his futuristic closet all these years.
George Takei, 68, who played Mr. Sulu on the original Star Trek TV series, has verified the years of rumors about his sexual orientation, in the California gay magazine Frontiers.
He told the magazine, 'it's not really coming out, which suggests opening a door and stepping through. It's more like a long, long walk through what began as a narrow corridor that starts to widen.'
When he was a child, he was among thousands placed in Japanese-American internment camps.
This article shared 2249 times since Thu Dec 1, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Billy Masters: Colton Underwood, Golden Globes and more 2022-01-17|
- "I was not prepared to receive death threats over a fictional character's fictional relationship choices that are fictional which means not real."A writer on the Sex and the City sequel And Just Like That describes feedback ...
|NBJC celebrates Mj Rodriguez on Golden Globes win 2022-01-11|
From a press release - The National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) congratulates Michaela Jae "Mj" Rodriguez on earning the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a TV Drama during the 2022 Golden Globe Awards. Rodriguez won for her role as Blanca ...
|VIEWS Hoarders 2022-01-10|
- One TV program that I alternately love and hate is Hoarders. The producers send a team of psychologists, organizers and laborers into a person's home and they all work (and argue) about cleaning the place up ...
|Billy Masters: Andy Cohen, SJP and more 2022-01-10|
- The virus hit us both like a freight train. Thankfully, we were both triple vaccinated and the vaccinations did their job, which kept us out of real danger and out of the hospital… [We're] still isolating and waiting to see until we test ...
|Trans actress Rodriguez makes history at quiet Golden Globes 2022-01-10|
- On Jan. 9, Michaela Jae "Mj" Rodriguez won a Golden Globe for best actress in a TV drama for her role as Blanca on the FX show Pose, according to media reports. The awards were announced on social media, as the Globes were not broadcast or live-streamed ...
|Jason Lee talks Kevin Hart, Jussie Smollett and 'Hollywood Unlocked' 2022-01-09|
- In just a few years, LGBTQ+ media personality Jason Lee's star has shone brightly in Hollywood. In 2015, Lee started appearing on the reality show Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood as well as the MTV improv ...
|Transgender 'Jeopardy!' contestant passes $1-million mark 2022-01-08|
- Transgender Jeopardy! contestant Amy Schneider passed the $1-million mark on an episode that aired Jan. 7, becoming the first woman (cis or trans) to do so, The New York Times noted. Schneiderwho's from Oakland, Californiamarked he ...
|SHOWBIZ JoJo Siwa, Jeopardy! champ, director dies, Frank Ocean 2022-01-02|
- TikTok fans of LGBTQ entertainer Jojo Siwa said her new teenage girlfriend, Katie Mills, is a supporter of anti-LGBTQ Republican former President Donald Trump, per LGBTQ Nation. Mills also once questioned if transgender women are "actually" ...
|Beloved icon Betty White dies at 99 2021-12-31|
- Betty White—a beloved TV icon whose career spanned decades—has died at age 99. White was born in Oak Park, Illinois, on Jan. 17, 1922. "Even though Betty was about to be 100, I thought she would ...
|'Real Housewife' Julia Lemigova talks about Miami Housewives, miniature cattle 2021-12-24|
- The Real Housewives of Miami finally has an out and proud member of the LGBTQ+ in the main cast with Julia Lemigova. (She's the franchise's second such cast member, following The Real Housewives of Orange County's ...
|Report: Kim Foxx's office showed 'major failure' in handling Smollett matter 2021-12-21|
- A 59-page report from special prosecutor Dan Webb concluded that Cook County prosecutors, including State's Attorney Kim Foxx, repeatedly went out of bounds in their handling of the Jussie Smollett caseand then repeatedly misled the public ...
|MOVIES/TV Former Bryan Singer assistant details alleged abuse 2021-12-21|
- In a first-person account in Variety entitled "My Traumatizing Years with Bryan Singer," Blake Stuerman, 30, detailed his what he said were his experiences over his four years with out filmmaker Bryan Singer (The Usual Suspects; ...
|Judge orders release of report on handling of Smollett case 2021-12-20|
- On Dec. 20, Cook County Judge Michael Toomin authorized the release of a report exploring the way Cook County prosecutors and Chicago police handled the Jussie Smollett matter, The Chicago Tribune reported. The move came after ...
|Billy Masters: Rex Smith, 'West Side Story' and more 2021-12-20|
- "It was pretty damn good!"Rex Smith's response when Billy showed a risqué photo of Rex at his most beautiful and asked, "What was it like walking around looking like that?" I love when someone that gorgeous ...
|Actor, poet, arts activist Jerrie Johnson talks new Amazon show 'Harlem,' other work 2021-12-20|
- Jerrie Johnson's mission to book a series regular role six months after finishing graduate school came to fruition when they (Johnson uses they/them pronouns) were cast as Tye, a lesbian dating app creator/CEO (who uses she/her ...