WINDY CITY TIMES
||'Mighty' Shore Attends Meet-and-Greet
by Amy Wooten
This article shared 1621 times since Wed Jan 25, 2006
Out Metropolitan Water Reclamation District ( MWRD ) candidate Debra Shore took time away from dialing for dollars and seeking endorsements to attend a Meet the Candidates event held by a Chicago Democratic organization.
'I may be small, but I'm mighty!' the openly gay Shore said as she stood on top of a booth seat in order to tell the crowd about her extensive conservation background and new ideas for the MWRD.
Democratic Leadership for the 21st Century, a group of Democratic activists and professionals, hosted the event at downtown's Leona's on Franklin in order to give its members a chance to get to know various statewide and other candidates a little better.
'I'm actually going to run hard and run scared to the very end,' Shore told Windy City Times.
Shore told Windy City Times that she has caught some 'lucky breaks,' such as a good ballot position and strong endorsements. She will be second on the ballot and is the first woman listed. Shore is endorsed by IVI-IPO, Equality Illinois, Sierra Club's Illinois chapter and The Victory Fund, to name a few.
'I'm not taking anything for granted,' she said. 'It's going to be a real hard fight down to the last minute.'
See www.debrashore.org .
This article shared 1621 times since Wed Jan 25, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|2022 PRIMARY ELECTIONS Pritzker, Jackson, Bailey among winners 2022-06-29|
- The Illinois primary elections took place June 28—and there was a mix of the expected and the surprising. In the governor's race, incumbent JB Pritzker easily won the Democratic primary over Beverly Miles (93% ...
|WORLD Japanese ruling, Pride events, Colombia election, Boris Johnson 2022-06-26|
- A Japanese court ruled that the country's ban on same-sex marriage does not violate the constitution, and rejected demands for compensation by three couples who said their right to free union and equality has been violated, ...
|ELECTIONS Judicial candidate Brad Trowbridge on a repeat run, objectivity, Kyle Rittenhouse 2022-06-25|
- If Brad Trowbridge's face looks familiar from Windy City Times' election-related articles, that would make sense. The openly gay attorney has run in local judicial races three times, narrowly losing in 2020. Trowbridge recently talked with ...
|ELECTIONS Guide to the LGBTQ+s 2022-06-19|
- This year's primary elections—taking place Tuesday, June 28, although people can vote now—will feature many openly LGBTQ+ candidates throughout Illinois. (However, one notable name will be missing as longtime state ...
|Lightfoot officially announces re-election bid 2022-06-07|
- On June 7, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot confirmed rumors and officially announced her re-election bid. In an open announcement, she said, "Since I was sworn into office three years ago, I've led our city through a ...
|Todd Connor falls short in Indiana state Senate bid 2022-05-05|
- Onetime Chicago resident Todd Connor lost his bid to represent Porter County in the Indiana state Senate. State Sen. Rodney Pol, D-Chesterton, edged Connor and Ron Meer in the May 3 primary election, The Shelbyville News ...
|Equality Illinois endorses 95 pro-equality candidates for June 28 primaries 2022-04-29|
-- From a press release - "Equality Illinois is excited to announce our primary election endorsements today as we continue to make our state fairer and more just for LGBTQ+ people," said Brian C. Johnson, CEO of Equality Illinois. "In recent years, ...
|Planned Parenthood Illinois Action announces endorsements for 2022 election 2022-04-27|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO—The Board of Directors of Planned Parenthood Illinois Action (PPIA), the non-partisan political and advocacy arm of Planned Parenthood of Illinois, proudly announces its endorsements for the June primary election. ...
|NATIONAL Mayor makes history, LGBTQ+ Latinx demo, fashion show, N.C. law 2022-03-20|
- In Florida, Boynton Beach elected its first out LGBTQ mayoras well as the first Asian-American mayor in the state's history, LGBTQ Nation noted. Ty Penserga not only won the election, but he beat a homophobe who ...
|Personal PAC President & CEO Terry Cosgrove announces January 2023 retirement 2022-03-19|
-- From a press release - Chicago—Personal PAC Board of Directors announced that longtime President & CEO Terry Cosgrove will be retiring from his post after the November 2022 election. The board is extraordinarily grateful to Terry for his 33 years of ...
|Two dozen openly LGBTQ+ candidates win primary races in Texas 2022-03-03|
- Twenty-four of the record-setting 54 openly LGBTQ+ candidates in Texas won their elections March 1 in the first primary of the 2022 election cycle, setting the stage for LGBTQ+ representation in the state legislature to more ...
|GLAAD releases 2022 LGBTQ Voter Pulse Poll 2022-02-22|
-- From a press release - (New York, NY, Feb. 22, 2022) GLAAD is releasing the findings of the first of an ongoing series of polls to gauge and track motivation, enthusiasm, and issues ahead of the 2022 midterm elections taking place ...
|Planned Parenthood Illinois Action releases legislative scorecard for 2022 elections 2022-02-18|
-- From a press release - SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS Planned Parenthood Illinois Action (PPIA) has released its 2022 Legislative Scorecard for every member of the Illinois General Assembly. The ratings are based on members' voting records ...
|Chile president-elect names LGBTQ+ people to his Cabinet 2022-01-22|
- Chilean President-elect Gabriel Boricwho won a runoff election on Dec. 21, 2021named two openly LGBTQ+ people to his Cabinet on Jan. 21, the Los Angeles Blade reported. Marco Antonio Avila, a gay man, will be the ...
|'Jane's Army' to recruit, deploy pro-choice volunteers 2022-01-20|
-- From a press release - Chicago, IL Personal PAC, Men4Choice, and Future Voices Council have launched Jane's Army a joint campaign to recruit activist volunteers to educate, motivate, and activate pro-choice voters ahead of the critical 2022 election. This ...