WINDY CITY TIMES
||MUSIC Local band Glad Rags releasing 'All of Them' on Oct. 15
This article shared 1990 times since Tue Aug 31, 2021
Chicago-based queer psychedelic orchestra band Glad Rags will release the LP All of Them on Oct. 15.
The six-member band began recording the record in late 2018 at Jamdek Studio, and spent 2019 tracking overdubs and arranging the rest of the 16-track concept album.
All of Them, according to a press release, navigates "the early '80s globalization of disco to lounge-pop of the mid-'90s, and closes with soulful mid-'70s ballads. Embroidering disparate influences into an original art pop mosaic has become the group's signature style."
The group releases through their label Sinkhole Sounds, run by members Mah Nu and Matthew Gladly, who also produced their debut album. The young label spotlights queer and gender non-conforming artists across the country.
Glad Rags will be playing live at The Hideout on Nov. 6 in celebration of the release, with support from Living Thing. Also, people can currently listen to the album when visiting www.gladragsmusic.com/lp-experience.
This article shared 1990 times since Tue Aug 31, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|MOVIES 'George Michael: Freedom Uncut' to be released June 22 2022-05-24|
- Sony Music Entertainment and Trafalgar Releasing will release the movie George Michael: Freedom Uncut as a global event on Wed., June 22and it's fitting that the documentary about the late gay singer will air during Pride ...
|Siskel to show 'Judy Garland Summer Centennial Retrospective' 2022-05-23|
- This June and July, the Gene Siskel Film Center, 164 N. State St., will celebrate Judy Garland to mark the 100th anniversary of her birth (June 10, 1922). The Judy Garland Summer Centennial Retrospective will involve ...
|THEATER Musical 'Get Out Alive' running July 8-Aug. 7 2022-05-23|
- Haven will continue its 2021-22 season with Nikki Lynette's multidisciplinary afrogoth musical Get Out Alive, co-directed by Roger Ellis and Lucky Stiff, which features the writer and her personal journey with mental health. The production will ...
|Lakeside Pride to present 'Sweet Home Chicago" May 29, part of Pride Bands Alliance Conference 2022-05-23|
-- From a press release - On Sunday, May 29 at 7pm, Chicago's Auditorium Theatre will host the culmination of the 40th annual Pride Bands Alliance conference. Chicago's Lakeside Pride is welcoming Pride Bands Alliance members from its family of 38 affiliate ...
|SHOWBIZ Broadway, JoJo Siwa, WEHO Pride, 'Jurassic World,' Madonna 2022-05-22|
- The Broadway League announced that all 41 Broadway theaters in New York City have extended the current mask requirement for audiences through at least June 30, Playbill noted. Charlotte St. Martin, president of The Broadway League, ...
|SHOWBIZ Queer playwright, LGBTQ+ films, BMI Pop Awards, new superhero 2022-05-15|
- Jeremy O. Harris, the queer Tony-nominated author of Slave Play, has been named the presiding playwright for the 2023 Yale Drama Series Prizeone of the theater world's most prestigious playwriting honors, Deadline noted. Harris joins the ...
|Inaugural Heatwave Music Festival in Chicago on July 16-17 2022-05-14|
- Auris Presents announced the debut edition and artist lineup for the Heatwave Music Festival, coming to Chicago on July 16-17 in Douglass Park, 1401 S. Sacramento Dr. According to a press release, the festival will be ...
|MUSIC Ty Herndon releasing 'personal' album 'Jacob' on July 15 2022-05-13|
- Out gay Grammy-nominated and Dove Award-winning country artist Ty Herndon announced the release date of his forthcoming album, Jacob. Jacobcalled Herndon's "most personal album to date"will be out July 15. ...
|Casting announced for 'Queer Eye: The Musical Parody' at Second City 2022-05-13|
- Comedy institution The Second City announced the cast and crew of Queer Eye: The Musical Parody, which will start running Thursday, May 26. (The production will run Thursdays through Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at ...
|MUSIC Riot Fest to take place Sept. 16-18 in Chicago 2022-05-12|
- Riot Festone of the largest remaining independent festivals in the countryis slated to return to Douglass Park on Sept. 16-18. Festival organizers revealed a jam-packed lineup taking up five stages and performing punk, indie rock, hip-hop, ...
|57th Street Art Fair marking 75th anniversary on June 4-5 2022-05-12|
- The 57th Street Art Fair, the Midwest's oldest juried art fair, will mark its 75th anniversary with an in-person celebration on June 4-5 featuring nearly 200 artists, live music presented by Buddy Guy's Legends, and a ...
|THEATER Underscore's 'Notes & Letters' running through May 28 2022-05-12|
- Underscore Theatre Company celebrates its 10th-anniversary season with the world premiere of the musical Notes & Letters, which features book, music and lyrics by Annabelle Lee Revak (she/her) and is ...
|Chicago Gay Men's Chorus to present 'Unimaginable' on May 20-22 2022-05-11|
- The Chicago Gay Men's Chorus will present the spring show "CGMC: Unimaginable," on May 20-22 at three Chicagoland venues. The performances will take place Friday, May 20, at 8 p.m. at Chicago's Athenaeum Center for Thought ...
|Kokandy Productions to present 'Cruel Intentions: The '90s Musical' June 9-Aug. 7 2022-05-10|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (May 10, 2022) — Kokandy Productions is launching its 10th-anniversary season this summer with the Chicago storefront premiere of Cruel Intentions: The '90s Musicala flirty and fun, nostalgia-packed show ...
|Tonys: Queer-themed 'A Strange Loop' leads nods; 'Paradise Square,' 'MJ' close behind 2022-05-09|
- Nominations for the 75th Tony Awards were announced May 9—and a Pulitzer Prize-winning original musical and a play that recounts the 2008 financial crisis led the nods, CNN reported. Leading the nominations was A Strange Loop, ...