WINDY CITY TIMES
||MUSIC Limited-edition box set of George Michael's 'Older' out Sept. 16
This article shared 430 times since Mon Aug 29, 2022
Sony Music announced that a deluxe, limited-edition box set of George Michael's album Older will be out Sept. 16.
Originally released in the United Kingdom on May 13, 1996, through Virgin Records, Older reached the pinnacle of chart success, where it remained for three consecutive weeks and spent 35 weeks in the top 10 overall. The album produced six singles, two of which"Fastlove" and "Jesus To A Child"reached number one, with the other four peaking in the top three. The U.S. release was the first album released by DreamWorks Records. (In the United States, "Fastlove" and "Jesus To A Child" reached the top 10 of the Billboard charts.)
The album was a huge global commercial success, going 6x platinum in the United Kingdom, as well as verified platinum in another 22 countriesa feat that is unparalleled to this day.
The box set consists of Older on two LPs as well as Upper for the first time ever on vinyl, as well as Older and Upper on CD. Presented in a rigid double slipcase, this package contains 5 CDs and 3 LPs. Also included is a 12" x 12" 48-page book, The Story of Older, featuring a brand-new essay by Dan Davies recounting the stories behind the album. (For those unfamiliar with Upper, Older was re-released on Dec. 1, 1997, in a box package including the original album and an extra CD entitled Upper.)
The set also includes 3 12" x 12" art prints of Michael.
This article shared 430 times since Mon Aug 29, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SHOWBIZ Hallmark film, Oprah, Janelle Monae, 'Dahmer,' Met Gala 2022-10-02|
- As a part of its "Countdown to Christmas" event, Hallmark Channel announced its first holiday movie that focuses on a gay romance, according to Out. The Holiday Sitter will be released on Sunday, Dec. 11, on ...
|World Music Festival Chicago Sept. 30-Oct. 9 2022-09-29|
- World Music Festival Chicago will return Friday, Sept. 30-Sunday, Oct. 9 in venues across the city. The festival returns with 34 bands (including three DJs) representing 22 countries and spotlighting 10 local music groups. Now in ...
|MUSIC Jessie Mueller and Seth Rudetsky at Steppenwolf on Jan. 14, 2023 2022-09-28|
- On Jan. 14, 2023 in Steppenwolf's Downstairs Theater, 1650 N. Halsted St., Steppenwolf Theatre and Mark Cortale will present Tony winner Jessie Mueller (Beautiful; Waitress) for a hometown concert, hosted and music directed by Sirius XM ...
|EVENTS Fahrenheit heats things in the cool autumn 2022-09-26|
- In the early throes of autumn, the LGBTQ+ organizational development service Lord, Rustin, and Bates Inc. presented part one of the yearly Fahrenheit Humanities Festival at Haven, an entertainment and performance space at 932 E. 43rd ...
|Billy Masters 2022-09-26|
- "I just heard about Leonardo DiCaprio's 25-year rule. His loss. You don't know what you're missing."—Dionne Warwick tweeted her disdain over reports that DiCaprio does not date anyone over 25. Where were you during Queen Elizabeth ...
|SHOWBIZ Cardi B, Sam Smith, 'Wednesday' series, Sean Hayes, Serena 2022-09-25|
Video below - Cardi B clapped back at someone on Twitter who declared her a celebrity who "came out as bisexual but never dated someone of the same gender," per Out Magazine. The tweet,—featuring pictures of Cardi, Grimes, Lady ...
|THEATER Underscore to permanently close; festival gains new home 2022-09-23|
- The board of directors of Underscore Theatre Company announced the company will close its doors permanently after eleven dynamic years of producing musical theatre in Chicago, including 16 world premieres. However, the company's Chicago Musical Theatr ...
|MUSIC Cabaret singer Jeff Harnar talks Sondheim, coming out 2022-09-23|
- Jeff Harnar wasn't born in Chicago, but he will tell you first-hand that it is his home. Having spent his formative years in this city, Harnar discovered a passion for musical theater. Decades later, he has ...
|MUSIC 'A Boy Band Christmas' coming to Hard Rock Live on Dec. 18 2022-09-22|
- A Boy Band Christmas is coming to Hard Rock Casino Northern Indiana's Hard Rock Live venue in Gary, Indiana on Sunday, Dec. 18. Doors open at 6 p.m. The event will feature Jeff Timmons, Drew Lachey ...
|Artemis Singers to present 'Samhain - Encounters through the Veil' Oct. 29 2022-09-22|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO─Artemis Singers, www.artemissingers.org, Chicago's lesbian feminist chorus, will present a unique, timely concert, "Samhain - Encounters through the Veil," about the time of year when we reflect on those who have gone before and honor t ...
|Riot Fest heats up (through music and controversy) in 2022 2022-09-22|
- For three days, Riot Fest took rock and roll fans on a rollercoaster of a ride in Douglass Park. Located in Chicago's North Lawndale community area at 1401 S. Sacramento Dr., this loud outdoor celebration of ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Watermelon Woman,' 'Dragula,' Indigo Girls, 'Dahmer' series 2022-09-18|
Video below - Cheryl Dunye shared a photo on Facebook confirming that her 1996 groundbreaking lesbian-themed film Watermelon Woman is now officially part of the National Film Registry Library. According to the library's website, some of the other movies ...
|THEATER 'Cabaret' at Metropolis through Oct. 22 2022-09-17|
- Musical Broadway classic and hit film Cabaret re-creates the decadent and complicated world of 1929 Berlin at the Arlington Heights venue Metropolis Performing Arts Centre through Oct. 22. Cabaret is Kander and Ebb's legendary musical masterpiece ...
|Park district pushing change as criticisms of Chicago music festivals increase 2022-09-15|
- As criticism increases over the use of public parks for large-scale events put on by private companies, leaders at the Chicago Park District are moving to change their code to mandate a board vote to sign ...
|Six Flags hosts 'Out in the Park' 2022-09-13|
- Out in the Parkan annual private diversity event featuring unlimited riding of all Six Flags Great America's thrill ridestook place Sept. 10. Attendees enjoyed rides, eats and music (the latter courtesy of DJs). According to a ...