WINDY CITY TIMES
||Luxury consignment spot
launches in Gold Coast
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 4706 times since Wed Oct 29, 2014
On Oct. 23, Corri McFadden and famed fashion designer Christian Siriano celebrated eDrop-Off luxury consignment's 10-year anniversary and the opening of Siriano's first Chicago pop-up shop for his new fragrance, Silhouette.
Guests nibbled on lemon-meringue tarts, assorted French macaroons and mini-PB&J Pop Tarts by Boutique Bites, with a custom cocktail with fresh pressed apple juice, lemon and tarragon by Stoli Vodka.
Luxury consignment business eDrop-Off launched the three-day celebration Oct. 22 by hosting a press preview of "The Collection by eDrop-Off," a new retail arm of the existing brand, at its second store on 1201 N. Clark St. The new store will continue to auction luxury items through its eBay platform, but will also offer its customers items at set prices through both the second store and a new e-commerce site.
eDrop-Off will continue to celebrate Siriano by exclusively selling Silhouette through Friday, Oct. 31, along with a selection of ready-to-wear clothing. Among the many brands available are Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Gucci.
Whitney Middleton Gruber of eDrop-off said that men's items are available onlineand may be at the point of sale location soon.
Visit www.shopedropoff.com .
Photos by Andrew Davis
This article shared 4706 times since Wed Oct 29, 2014
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|THEATER Steppenwolf presenting three Tracy Letts virtual works Sept. 29-Oct. 24 2021-09-18|
- Leading up to ensemble member Tracy Letts' production Bug returning this November to Steppenwolf's Downstairs Theater, the company is bringing audiences a sampler of the playwright's voice to their homes with a trio of new virtual ...
|Gov. Pritzker signs transformative energy legislation for Illinois 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Delivering on principles previously laid out, Governor JB Pritzker signed landmark legislation into law that puts the state on a path toward 100% clean energy, invests in training a diverse workforce for the jobs ...
|CAIC announces 2021 Collaborative Works Festival, immigration, migration in song 2021-09-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO— Collaborative Arts Institute of Chicago (CAIC) begins its eleventh anniversary season with its annual Collaborative Works Festival, held in venues around Chicago from October 6—9, 2021. The 2021 Collaborative ...
|THEATER 'Dear Mom, I'm Gay!' on Oct. 1-2 2021-09-11|
- Dear Mom, I'm Gay!a workshop of a new musical by David Dilsizianis running at The Jarvis Square Theater, 1439 W. Jarvis Ave. It will take place at 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 1; and 2 and ...
|One in ten LGBT workers experienced discrimination at work in the last year 2021-09-07|
- LGBT employees of color were more likely to report being denied jobs and verbal harassment A new study by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds an estimated 46% of LGBT workers have experienced ...
|WORLD Anti-TGNC vote, #VeryGayRaptor, Brazilian governor, Scottish poll 2021-09-05|
- In Australia, the government voted down workplace protections for transgender, non-binary and intersex people, OutInPerth.com reported. The senate was considering the Sex Discrimination and Fair Work (Respect at Work) Amendment ...
|SHOWBIZ Billy Porter, 'Death Drop,' Brandi Carlile, vintage films, Gaga 2021-08-29|
- Billy Porter will direct a queer teen comedy feature titled To Be Real for Amazon Studios, which is being helmed by Gabrielle Union's I'll Have Another Productions, NME.com noted. Porter, who is currently working on his ...
|Pritzker announces COVID-19 vaccine requirement for some workers, statewide indoor mask mandate 2021-08-26|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — As COVID-19 infection and hospitalization rates across the state continue to increase, particularly in downstate communities with the lowest vaccination rates, Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker and IDPH Director ...
|Report features eight Illinois child-welfare agencies working with HRC Foundation 2021-08-26|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON — Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation, the educational arm of the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, released a new report ...
|Romanticism to Ruin exhibition opening September 24 2021-08-19|
--From a press release - Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright, Wrightwood 659's fall exhibition, opens Sept. 24. Tickets are now available. The great American architects Louis H. Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright had rare gifts for ...
|LGBTQ women's music event 'Still Rising' on Aug. 21 2021-08-12|
- Still Risingfor LGBTQ women DJs, producers, promoters and their allieswill take place Saturday, Aug. 21, at Epiphany Center for the Arts, 201 S. Ashland Ave. There will be a mixer, workshops and, of course, music at ...
|ART 'Young, Gifted and Black' in Chicago on Sept. 2-Dec. 11 2021-08-11|
- "Young, Gifted and Black:The Lumpkin-BoccuzziFamily Collection of Contemporary Art" will be shown at Gallery 400, at 400 S. Peoria St., Sept. 2-Dec. 11. Including the work of two successive generations of Black artists, "Young, Gifted and ...
|Sones de Mexico's 'Zulema' at Chicago venues through Sept. 2 2021-08-10|
- ZulemaGrammy-nominated Sones de Mexico Ensemble's new workwill be in various Chicago venues through Sept. 2. The ensemble is a Chicago folk music group that specializes in the Mexican musical tradition known as son. Zulema continues throug ...
|'Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright' opens Sept. 24 2021-08-08|
- Wrightwood 659, at 659 W. Wrightwood Ave., is presenting "Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright"—a dual exhibition exploring two of these architects' long-demolished masterpieces. Said masterpieces ...
|Hell in a Handbag Productions announces 20th anniversary season 2021-08-05|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (August 3, 2021) — Hell in a Handbag Productions is thrilled to return to the stage, marking its 20th Anniversary Season with new and familiar works that embrace Handbag's mission of the preservation and celebration ...