WINDY CITY TIMES
||Lighthouse Foundation to host Black Queer Pride: Winter Edition
--From a press release
This article shared 461 times since Tue Dec 22, 2020
Lighthouse Foundation will host Chicago's Virtual Black Queer Pride: Winter Edition with three days of programming by eleven local Black Queer artists.
The virtual event will begin on Facebook live, Friday, Jan. 8 at 7 p.m.
Learn more about the lineup and RSVP at bit.ly/BQPWinter20 . Get more Black Queer Pride news and other Lighthouse updates by subscribing to bit.ly/BQPEmails .
Lighthouse is a Black Queer-led, multiracial social justice organization that advances justice for Black LGBTQ+ people across Chicagoland through empowerment, education, and entertainment.
Lighthouse invites non-Black accomplices, interfaith partners, and secular service providers to support community organizing that builds a more equitable LGBTQ+ community.
This article shared 461 times since Tue Dec 22, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|LGBTQ laws rated in Human Rights Campaign State Equality Index 2021-01-25|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON — Today, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) civil rights organization ...
|Planned Parenthood Illinois event to celebrate anniversary of Roe v. Wade ruling 2021-01-21|
--From a press release - CHICAGO - Planned Parenthood Illinois Action (PPIA) and PPIA PAC celebrate the anniversary of the 1973 Supreme Court ruling at its Roe v. Wade Anniversary Event, to be held virtually on Thursday, January 28. The event ...
|Equality Illinois announces 30th Anniversary Virtual Gala Celebration 2021-01-21|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL - Media outlets are invited to cover Equality Illinois' 30th Anniversary Virtual Gala, presented by Molson Coors Beverage Company, beginning at 7 p.m. CST on Saturday, February 6, 2021. Called the "who's who of ...
|Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame announces line of clothing 2021-01-21|
- The Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame, now entering its 30th year, announced today that it has teamed up with Shirts Illustrated, to produce a line of clothing bearing the Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame logo. All ...
|NCLR hails President Biden's signing of Executive Order addressing LGBTQ workplace discrimination
--From a NCLR press release - SAN FRANCISCO, CA — Today, Joseph R. Biden was inaugurated as the 46th President of the United States after campaigning on a platform that advocated for the strongest protections for LGBTQ individuals in the history of ...
|Indiana to open first home for LGBTQ+ homeless youths
- Indiana's first dedicated residential facility for LGBTQ+ young adults experiencing homelessness is slated to open this year in Indianapolis, according to WLFI.com. This home was years in the making. Trinity ...
|Lighthouse Foundation looks ahead to 2021 survey 2021-01-19|
- Lincoln Park-based Lighthouse Foundation, an advocacy that primarily uplifts Black LGBTQ Chicagoans and has its roots in Lincoln Park-based Lighthouse Church of Chicago, will survey five prominent LGBTQ-focused local organizations ...
|CRS pays tribute to Rustin's legacy 2021-01-18|
- Community Renewal Society (CRS) highlighted a new partnership with the Washington, D.C.-based Bayard Rustin Liberation Initiative (BRLI) as part of a virtual Martin Luther King Day observance on Jan. 18. The event paid tribute to the ...
|Disability Culture Leadership Initiative launches online hub with Chicago artists
--From a 3Arts press release - CHICAGO, IL (Jan. 15, 2021)— 3Arts, the Chicago-based nonprofit grantmaking organization, announced today the launch of the Disability Culture Leadership Initiative (DCLI), featuring a new online platform created to elevate ...
|Jonathan David Katz awarded Andrew W. Mellon grant 2021-01-15|
--From a Wrightwood 659 press release - (CHICAGO, IL— Jan. 15, 2021) Wrightwood 659 congratulates our friend, curator, and collaborator, Jonathan David Katz on the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation's announcement of a $5,000,000 award for the proposal"Dispossessions ...
|Tribute event to honor Chicago's first Cultural Historian Jan. 28 2021-01-14|
--From a City of Chicago press release - CHICAGO, IL Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced a tribute event to honor Chicago's first Cultural Historian, Tim Samuelson. Samuelson recently retired after 3 ...
|Howard Brown developing new center in Northalsted area
- Howard Brown Health has chosen Inland National Development Company, LLC to develop its newest healthcare center in Chicago's Northalsted neighborhood (formerly known as Boystown), according to REJournals. There are plans ...
|Two-Spirit/LGBTQAI Native American Powwow plans a week of virtual events 2021-01-13|
--From a press release - Bay Area American Indian Two-Spirits (BAAITS) exists to restore and recover the role of Two-Spirit people within the American Indian/First Nations community by creating a forum for the spiritual, cultural ...
|GLSEN executive director stepping down
- After a dozen years leading the national organization GLSEN—which aims to create a better world for LGBTQ+ students—Executive Director Eliza Byard is stepping down March 1. Deputy Executive Director Melanie ...
|Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE announce $2.5M in arts grants 2021-01-11|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced $2.5 million in funding opportunities for Chicago artists and arts organizations. A new "Artist Response Program," ...