||Leatherman of Color 2005
This article shared 5306 times since Mon Nov 1, 2004
Before a packed house on Saturday, Oct. 9, John Tatum of Detroit was awarded the first ever Leatherman of Color title. The contest was held at Touche during the ONYX BlackOut 9th Anniversary Weekend in Chicago. John will go on to compete in International Mr. Leather 2005 in May. There were four leathermen from across the country who vied for the title. Derrick Jones of Chicago was the first runner-up. Jamal, Mr. Georgia Leather 2002, handled the emcee duties as Bruno, Mr. Chicago Olympus 2002, handled the contestants backstage. Chief Judge Mr. Chicago Leather 2004 Joe Arteaga, International Mr. Deaf Leather 2004 Paul 'Teddy' O'Rourke, Black Beat Mid-west founder Lady Cocoa, Mid-American Leatherman 1999 Joe Boynton, and Black Beat Mid-west founding member Ms. Lash selected the winners after the personal interview, leather people of color platform presentation, and on-stage presentations. Stan Johnson of Atlanta tallied the scores while boi yohantz of Chicago served as the judges' boi. Contest organizer, the Leatherman of Color Organization, thanked the many contest sponsors including the Men of ONYX; Chuck Rodocker, David Boyer and Touche; Charles Cole and Caliber Leathers; Mephisto Leathers Chicago and Lady Cocoa. Caliber Leathers designed the winner's back patch while Mephisto Leathers and Lady Cocoa donated a leather motocycle jacket and original artwork.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the Leatherman of Color Organization and Contest.
This article shared 5306 times since Mon Nov 1, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|IML officially cancelled for 2020 2020-05-26|
- The annual International Mr. Leather (IML) global conventionpushed back from its usual Memorial Day weekend to Sept. 25-27 because of the coronavirus pandemichas been officially cancelled for 2020. On the ...
|IML plans updated 2020-05-01|
- UPDATE: Please see http://www.windycitytimes.com/lgbt/IML-cancelled/68601.html . After being postponed because of the Coronavirus pandemic, the annual International Mr. Leather (IML) global convention will take place Sept. 24-27 ...
|IML postponed due to coronavirus 2020-03-20|
- Organizers of the annual International Mr. Leather (IML) celebration announced the morning of March 19 that the annual eventnormally held each Memorial Day weekendhas been postponed because of the coronavirus ...
|Leather64TEN Presents Kurt Allen Outstanding Community Service Award 2020 2020-03-03|
- On Saturday, March 14, Leather64TEN will present the very first Kurt Allen Outstanding Community Service Award to Gerald "Daddy G" Cernak. The event will take place 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Jackhammer Bar, 6406 N. Clark St. ...
|PHOTOS Jackhammer 2020-02-19|
- No one does it harder than Joe Whitaker's FuKr party. Joseph Stevens Photography ...
|Mr. Chicago Leather 2020 2020-02-05|
- Congratulations to Butch Romero, the newly-chosen Mr. Chicago Leather 2020. Butch gained the title Saturday, January 25, at Leather Archives & Museum, 6418 N. Greenview Ave. The party continued at Touche, 6412 N. Clark St., with ...
|PASSAGES Real estate broker, Mr. Leather64Ten 2018 winner Kurt Allen dies 2020-01-30|
- Real estate broker and Mr. Leather64Ten 2018 winner Kurt Allen died unexpectedly Jan. 26. He was 56. Allen was born May 26, 1963, in Wabash, Indiana, and graduated from Wawasee High School. He received a bachelor's ...
|Mister Chicago Leather 2020 contest Jan. 23-26 2020-01-16|
- Mister Chicago Leather 2020, the contest to choose a representative for the Windy City at this year's International Mr. Leather, kicks off Thursday, January 23, and continues through the weekend. The highlight of this action-packed ...
|Fifth annual Mr. Leather64Ten March 14 2020-01-02|
- The fifth annual Mr. Leather64Ten contest weekend will be held from March 12, 2020 - March 15, 2020. Leather64Ten and The Jackha.m.mer Complex will host a weekend of events to promote our search for the next ...
|Leather community gives at GroceryLand 2019-11-18|
- To commemorate Groceryland's 25th anniversary, as well as to kick off the the season of giving, the Chicago leather community worked at GroceryLand, 5543 N. Broadway, on Nov. 16, handing out turkeys and all the fixings ...
|Leather Archives & Museum opens A Wild Pack of Dogs 2019-10-23|
- Chicago, IL, 23 Oct. 2019 — The Leather Archives & Museum is pleased to announce its newest exhibit in the Guest Artist Gallery, "A Wild Pack of Dogs: A Visual Exploration of Pet Play Culture" featuring ...
|Cowboy Eye for the Leather Guy contest in photos 2019-09-04|
- Scenes from the Cowboy Eye for the Leather Guy makeover contest, part of the inaugural Rodeo 'Round Town weekend. ...
|Leather Archives acquires Dureau photo 2019-07-31|
- Leather Archives & Museum (LAM), 6418 N. Greenview Ave., unveiled a newly acquired photograph by the late photographer George Dureau (1930-2014) the afternoon of July 28. Best known for capturing images of male nudes, Dureau was ...
|Leather/kink event highlights LGBTQ+ history, health 2019-07-28|
- "Leather and Kink in the LGBTQ+ Community: History and Clinical Considerations" was held at the Center on Halsted on July 26. The event focused on the history of leather and kink communities and served as an ...
|Cell Block parties to benefit HIV services 2019-07-13|
- Cell Block, 3702 N. Halsted St., is holding a series of fundraising parties to benefit HIV services. The new owners of Cell Blocka longtime LGBT leather and kink space in Chicago's Boystownsaid they're committing to a ...