WINDY CITY TIMES
||Leather Fireside Chat travels to Amsterdam
From a press release
This article shared 426 times since Thu Jul 28, 2016
Inside Leather History, A Fireside Chat, in cooperation with Leatherhistory.eu Foundation, is joining Amsterdam Leather Pride this year with a live-on-stage interview with Amsterdam's own Martijn Bakker Saturday, Oct. 29 at Club Church.
Martijn will discuss his leather history, contributions, knowledge and observations. "Truly this is an interview not to be missed," said chat host leatherman Douglas O'Keeffe. "Martijn's leather story is amazing, dynamic, thought provoking and enlightening. I'm honored to be part of his telling it." Following the formal live interview the floor will open for audience questions.
Inside Leather History, A Fireside Chat is a program of the Leather Archives and Museum in Chicago. The chats are a live-on-stage interview program designed to capture for posterity the stories and historical significance of the community's finest contributors. The chats are filmed for historical preservation in the Leather Archives in Museum in Chicago and in local historical repositories.
Inside Leather History, A Fireside Chat is co-produced by Chicago leatherman Douglas O'Keeffe who hosts the chats, Mistress Joanne Gaddy, Christina Court and technical director Vonn Tramel of The Leather Journal.
This article shared 426 times since Thu Jul 28, 2016
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Chicago's Fine Arts Building celebrates 125th anniversary with exhibits and tours 2023-03-07|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (March 7, 2023)—Chicago's historic Fine Arts Building (410 S. Michigan Avenue) celebrates its 125th anniversary this year with two new public exhibits, a self-guided walking tour of significant sites ...
|DuSable Black History Museum to show paintings from collection of Emmy award-nominated actress CCH Pounder 2023-02-28|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Feb. 24,2023) — The DuSable Black History Museum and Education Center is pleased to announce a new exhibition featuring paintings from the Collection of Emmy® award-nominated actress CCH Pounder. ...
|Passages: Longtime activist Achebe (Betty) Powell passes away 2023-02-23|
- Veteran social justice organizer and educator Achebe (Betty) Powell passed away Feb. 21, according to multiple reports. Powell died of COVID-19 related complications at New York Presbyterian Hospital in Brooklyn, according to a Feb. 22 statement ...
|Hidden History: Pamela Bannos brings the life of 19th-century lesbian photographer to new audiences 2023-02-22|
- Few people outside of New York may know about 19th-century photographer Alice Austen (1866-1952)but author/historian/Northwestern University professor Pamela Bannos wants to change that. Bannos recently completed a podcast series about ...
|Old Town home of gay pioneer Henry Gerber finds buyer 2023-02-20|
- An Old Town row house that was home to two of the founders of the country's first gay-rights organization recently found a buyer, according to Crain's Chicago Business. The Henry Gerber House, 1710 N. Crilly Ct., ...
|Poll: Black Americans support gender equality but split on trans and non-binary issues 2023-02-16|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. (Feb. 16, 2023) — Discussions about gender equality and feminism have a long history among Black Americans, with hallmarks like Maria Miller Stewart in 1832; the Combahee River Collective in 1977; Anita Hill in ...
|WORLD Church of England, Japanese officials, Hong Kong ruling, drag kings 2023-02-11|
- The Church of England has voted to bless same-sex marriages for the first time in its history; however, its ban on conducting ceremonies will stay in place, PinkNews reported. It was approved after a six-year consultation ...
|Ben LaBolt of Illinois to be first gay White House communications director 2023-02-11|
- Ben LaBolt—a native of La Grange, Illinois and an alumnus of Middlebury College—is making history as the first openly gay White House communications director, according to an official press release. Kate Bedingfield, who has served as ...
|Pauli Murray becomes first Black queer person on U.S. currency 2023-02-08|
- Pauli Murray (1910-85)—who was an LGBTQ+ human-rights activist, lawyer and Episcopal priest and who is the subject of the documentary My Name Is Pauli Murray—will soon be honored with a quarter of her own, USA Today ...
|Kim Petras is first openly trans singer to win a Grammy 2023-02-06|
- On Feb. 5, Kim Petras made history, becoming the first openly transgender singer to win a Grammy. The German-born singer won in her category of Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for "Unholy," her chart-topping collaboration with non-binary singer Sam Sm ...
|Beyonce adds second Chicago date to tour 2023-02-05|
- Beyonce—now the most-decorated singer in Grammys history—has added a second Chicago date to her newly announced "Renaissance" world tour, according to The Chicago Tribune. She will now perform at Soldier Field on July 22-23. H ...
|Let's Talk presents "Let's Talk & Celebrate" foodie bash March 2 2023-02-03|
--From a press release - (CHICAGO) — Kick off Women's History Month with a "Let's Talk & Celebrate" Gold Glamour Gourmet bash by 35+ Chicagoland Let's Talk Womxn LetsTalkWomxn.com restaurateurs on Thursday, March 2, at Moe's Cantina in River North fr ...
|Oak Park Festival Theatre makes history with new artistic director 2022-12-20|
- The Oak Park Festival Theatre (OPFT)—the oldest professional classical theater in the Midwest—announced that Peter G. Andersen will be joining the company as its new artistic director in January 2023. It is the first time that a person ...
|Washington skates by Blackhawks as Ovechkin makes history 2022-12-14|
- At the United Center on Dec. 13, the Chicago Blackhawks (7-16-4) fell to the Washington Capitals (15-12-4) by a score of 7-3. Washington's Alex Ovechkin scored three times to become the third NHL player with 800 ...
|Blackhawks end losing streak; UChicago makes soccer history 2022-12-04|
- On Dec. 3, the visiting Chicago Blackhawks (7-12-4) defeated the New York Rangers (11-10-4) 5-2, snapping an eight-game losing streak. With an assist on Taylor Raddysh's goal to put the team up 4-1 in the third period, ...
|WORLD German bishops, trans woman's death, Hungary, human-rights event|
|SHOWBIZ 'Black Adam,' Cyndi Lauper, Sondheim, Oscars, OutFest|
|NATIONAL Ritchie Torres, N.J. towns, Karine Jean-Pierre, Tennessee items|
|UpRising Bakery and Cafe could soon close due to revenue losses, ongoing anti-LGBTQ+ harassment|
|Navratilova says she is cancer-free|