||Lavenderpop Greeting Cards
This article shared 3961 times since Fri Oct 1, 2004
Lavenderpop Greeting Cards (ww.lavenderpop.com) is a dynamic line of cards created for same-gender-loving, LGBT people of African descent, their friends, families and allies. Lavenderpop Cards, by Otis Richardson, offer a diverse mix of cards for everyday occasions like birthdays, dating, romance, get well, forgive me, and servin' you glama. More specialty cards include HIV prevention, youth pride, and honoring the pioneers who have come before.
Lavenderpop is already in four Chicago stores: Women & Children First, 5233 N. Clark; Ragin' RaeJean's Gifts & Stuff, 3448 N. Halsted; Cupid's Treasures, 3519 N. Halsted; and Heritage Books & Music, 1135 W. Granville. The Web site will soon be updated with store locations.
This article shared 3961 times since Fri Oct 1, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Yoshi's Cafe to close permanently after Dec. 12 2021-12-03|
- Yoshi's Cafe, a Northalsted restaurant that specialized in the fusion of French and Asian cuisines for almost four decades, will close permanently after Dec. 12, The Chicago Tribune reported. "Yoshi's Cafe's last day will be Dec. ...
|Recap: Mogul's holds first-ever International ERG Day 2021-11-30|
- Employee resource groups (ERG), affinity groups, business networking and diversity councils have helped unite likeminded tribes of people throughout the workplace for more than 30 years. ERGs are aligned with one clear focus in mind: fostering ...
|Designer and entrepreneur Kiki Bryant discusses future of 'Lollipop Lola' 2021-11-26|
- On Jan. 21, 2021, Kiki Bryant set a $2,000 fundraising goal on Kiva.org to launch a children's doll based on her original book character, Lollipop Lola. The goal was met that same day. "That was a ...
|Oak Park-River Forest Chamber of Commerce elects first Black LGBTQ president in organization's history 2021-11-24|
- In November, the Oak Park-River Forest Chamber of Commerce elected Darien Marion-Burton to serve as the organization's first Black LGBTQ president. Marion-Burton will begin his role in January 2022 and said he's excited to bring a ...
|LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois head stepping down 2021-11-24|
- LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois Director Jerome' Holston has publicly acknowledged that he will be leaving his post at the end of this month. In a statement, he said, "As my role as Director of ...
|Andersonville Chamber of Commerce plans holiday shopping events supporting 100+ businesses 2021-11-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (November 22, 2021) - The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to kick-off the holiday season with a festive line-up of neighborhood events encouraging residents and visitors to "shop local" in support of the ...
|Eychaner helps launch Midwest media outlet 2021-11-18|
- Major Chicago-based Democratic donor Fred Eychaner is funding a new media outlet that launched Nov. 18, and which is aimed at covering state and local political races in the Midwest, Politico reported. The outfit combines Heartland ...
|Local chef heading sixth annual 'Chefsgiving' for local shelters 2021-11-17|
- For the sixth year running, Chef Bill Kim and Cornerstone Restaurant Group will host Chefsgiving the weekend before Thanksgiving. In partnership with Inspiration Kitchens, Kim and more than 45 Chicago chefs will prepare meals and come ...
|Word is Out: Queer Media Collaborative launched by LMA 2021-11-17|
--From a press release - Local Media Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of Word Is Out: The Queer Media Collaborative, with initial funding from the Google News Initiative Innovation Challenge. The Queer Media Collaborative (QMC) will focus on business ...
|Rebirth Garments, Roscoe's among HRC/Showtime grant recipients 2021-11-16|
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) and Showtime announced the 20 recipients of "Queer to Stay: An LGBTQ+ Business Preservation Initiative" to support and uplift small businesses that focus on LGBTQ+ people of color, women and the ...
|More than a quarter of LGBT state, local employees face discrimination at work 2021-11-16|
--From a Williams Institute press release - More than one-quarter of LGBT state and local employees have experienced discrimination at work About half of LGBT people who work in education and law enforcement are not out to their supervisors Over 600,000 LGBT employees ...
|Chamber of Commerce elects Marion-Burton Board President,first Black, LGBT Pres. 2021-11-05|
--From a press release - [Oak Park, IL] On Tuesday, November 2, the Oak Park-River Forest Chamber of Commerce elected Darien Marion-Burton as President of its Board of Directors. Marion-Burton, who will take over for Dr. Mary Ann Bender starting January ...
|Actress Angelica Ross transfers leadership of trans talent incubator to E.C. Pizarro III 2021-11-04|
By Max Lubbers - In 2017, E.C. Pizarro III listened as Angelica Ross presented about TransTech Social Enterprises, an incubator to build and promote transgender talent in technology fields. He approached her afterward, volunteering to design artwork for TransTech. Now, ...
|Mayor Lightfoot: $20M+ in grants will support business, nonprofit recovery 2021-10-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) announced today a $20M Chi Biz Strong Grant Program for small business and nonprofit relief and a ...
|Local business gives historic Edgewater storefront new life with holiday pop-up 2021-10-21|
--From a press release - Oct. 20, 2021 - Chicago, IL - The iconic former Granville Pictures storefront at 6200 Broadway in Edgewater is getting a second life with a holiday pop-up from local business City Grange. For nearly 90 years ...