||Lambda Legal and Latino Orgs Breakfast on Marriage
This article shared 4811 times since Thu Jul 1, 2004
Lambda Legal, Amigas Latinas and the Association of Latino Men for Action (ALMA) held a leadership breakfast to discuss marriage for same-sex couples and its impact on Latino communities. Speakers included Camilla Taylor, Lambda Legal Staff Attorney; and Martin Ornelas-Quintero, Executive Director, LLEGO, The National Latina/o LGBT Organization.
This article shared 4811 times since Thu Jul 1, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WORLD KyivPride, Romanian bill, marriage items, Cynthia Erivo 2022-07-03|
- Ukraine's largest LGBTQ+-rights event, KyivPride, went ahead as a peace marchin Warsaw, Poland, CNBC reported. It joined Warsaw's yearly Equality Parade, the largest such event in central Europe, using it as a platform to keep international ...
|VIEWS How same-sex couples can ensure parenting rights if Supreme Court reverses Obergefell 2022-06-30|
By Jeffery M. Leving - After the U.S. Supreme Court reversed Roe v. Wade last week, many are now wondering if the court would go after same-sex marriage next. Justice Samuel Alito, in his majority decision, wrote that nothing in its ...
|WORLD Japanese ruling, Pride events, Colombia election, Boris Johnson 2022-06-26|
- A Japanese court ruled that the country's ban on same-sex marriage does not violate the constitution, and rejected demands for compensation by three couples who said their right to free union and equality has been violated, ...
|Supreme Court justice says marriage-equality ruling should be reconsidered 2022-06-24|
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas argued in a concurring opinion regarding the revocation of the constitutional right to abortion that the U.S. Supreme Court "should reconsider" its past rulings codifying rights to contraception access, same-sex ...
|Clela Rorex, first County Clerk to issue same-sex marriage licences, has died 2022-06-20|
-- From a press release - BOULDER, CO - Out Boulder County and the family of Clela Rorex are saddened to announce the death of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer pioneering ally, Clela Rorex. On March 27,1975 Clela issued the first ...
|WORLD Pride disruption, trans journalists, Tunisian play, marriage bills 2022-06-19|
- Turkish police officers carrying clear-plastic riot shields, wielding batons and deploying pepper powder balls as well as tear gas violently broke up a Pride parade that Middle East Technical University students organized in the capital of ...
|NATIONAL Marriage poll, Family Equality event, podcast, NYC Pride 2022-06-12|
- GLAAD responded to a Gallup poll showing 71% of Americans support marriage equality—another record high for the poll conducted each year since the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing marriage for LGBTQ people nationwide. In a ...
|Church of Scotland votes to allow same-sex marriages 2022-05-28|
- The Church of Scotland has voted to allow same-sex marriages after recent warnings that its historical opposition had increased the church's decline toward irrelevance, The Guardian reported. The church's general assembly voted 274-136 to allow it ...
|WORLD South Africa, Greek ruling, soccer items, singer attacked 2022-05-08|
- South African President Matamela Cyril Ramaphosa praised his country for creating a conducive environment for LGB people to practice same-sex marriages and partnerships, according to Erasing 76 Crimes. Speaking at a Freedom Day celebration in Mpumalanga, ...
|Same-sex couple have historic wedding in Antarctica 2022-04-26|
- RRS Sir David Attenborough crew members Eric Bourne and Stephen Carpenter are now the first same-sex couple ever married in the British Antarctic Territory on April 24, The Maritime Executive noted. The Maritime Executive noted that ...
|NATIONAL Prop 8, Disney, Andy Warhol, transgender judge 2022-04-03|
- The videotaped trial of the 2010 U.S. court case challenging California's ban on same-sex marriage should not be released to the public, defenders of the since-overturned state Proposition 8 told the U.S. Supreme Court in a ...
|Judge: Former clerk Kim Davis violated same-sex couples' rights 2022-03-20|
- A federal judge found that Kim Davisthe former Kentucky clerk whose refusal to sign marriage certificates for same-sex couples made national headlines in 2015violated their constitutional rights, NPR reported. Now it has to be determined if ...
|Top UK court upholds Cayman Islands marriage-equality ban 2022-03-14|
- On March 14, the UK Privy Council ruled that the Cayman Islands Constitution does not provide a right for same-sex marriage and ruled in favor of the Cayman Islands government by dismissing the case of lesbian ...
|WORLD Warlord killed, marriage items, Chile president, Tchaikovsky 2022-03-13|
- One of the top warlords and a close advisor to Chechen strongman Ramzan Kadyrov was killed recently in the battle for Antonov Airport, also known as Hostomel Airportan international cargo airport and testing facility northwest of ...
|WORLD Namibia ruling, crimes, LGBTQ+ film festival, blogger sentenced 2022-01-23|
- Namibia's High Court ruled against two same-sex couples fighting for recognition of their marriages, with Judge Hannelie Prinsloo saying she agreed with them but was bound by the nation's prohibition of same-sex relations, Reuters reported. Daniel ...