WINDY CITY TIMES
||LGBTQ theater group GayCo to present 'Tis the Seasonal Depression
From a press release
This article shared 694 times since Fri Nov 10, 2017
CHICAGO —- Can't find that perfect tree? Emotionally drained by those extra relatives? There is no way Santa can bring you peace on earth? Uh oh, you know what that means? The diagnosis: 'TIS THE SEASONAL DEPRESSION.
This holiday season let GayCo Productions lift your spirits ( especially the boozy kind ) and make your Yule tide even gayer. Through all new scenes and songs - from finding Santa's perfect mate, to seeing why it is better to give than to receive a terrifying present, to when your body type preferences bleed into your holiday décor - Gayco's 'TIS THE SEASONAL DEPRESSION will remind you why this is, allegedly, the most wonderful time of the year. Who needs a Hatchimal or a Google Home when you can have the best gift ever: laughter!
'TIS THE SEASONAL DEPRESSION, opens November 17th at 8pm at the Pride Arts Center's Broadway Theater ( 4139 N Broadway ). It runs Fridays through December 22nd, with bonus shows Thursdays December 14th & 21st at 8pm. Tickets are $20 ( $12 for students ) and can be purchased at the door or in advance by visiting GayCo.com or gaycoseasonal2017.eventbrite.com .
'TIS THE SEASONAL DEPRESSION is written and performed by Sarah Collier, Katie Cutler, Evan M. Duggan, Julie Fishbach, Clay Goodpasture, Christopher 'Tito' Thies Lotito, Greg Phelps, and Laurel Posakony. It features direction by Jeff Bouthiette and musical direction by Kathleen Gibson.
GayCo Productions was formed out of the famous Second City in 1996 and has produced dozens of original sketch comedy revues, performing across the continent and in Europe. This is their fourth holiday revue.
For more information, please check out GayCo.com .
This article shared 694 times since Fri Nov 10, 2017
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|THEATER A Red Orchid Theatre running magical 'Missed Connections' Feb. 2-28 2021-01-19|
- A Red Orchid Theatre is presenting Missed Connectionsa live, interactive play with magic, conceived for virtual experience, co-written by Jon Tai and Alex Gruhin, performed by magician Jon Tai and produced by Alex Gruhinon Feb. 2-28. ...
|Virtual OUTspoken storytelling event Feb. 2
- The next virtual OUTspoken Storytelling Night will take place Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. The speakers will be as follows: Donald Bell is a third-generation Chicagoan, South Sider and White Sox fan who is a retired ...
|'Dixie's Happy Hour' streaming Jan. 26-31
- On the heels of Dixie's Tupperware Party and Dixie's: Never Wear a Tube Top While Riding a Mechanical Bull (and 16 other things I learned while I was drinking last Thursday), drag personality Dixie Longate is ...
|Hell in a Handbag Productions to present
Out, Darn Spot! 2021-01-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Jan. 15, 2021) — Hell in a Handbag Productions is pleased to present the campy comedyOut, Darn Spot!, written by and starring ensemble member Tyler Anthony Smith* and directed, filmed and edited by Stephanie Shaw. ...
|Artemisia Theatre announces entirely virtual 2021 season 2021-01-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO - In order to continue its strong feminist story-telling tradition, Artemisia Theatre announces an entirely virtual 2021 season. The new season includes two World Premiere theater productions and eight audio performances airing on its podcast ...
|SHOWBIZ Laverne Cox, lesbian coach, Jim Parsons, 'Brokeback,' theater items 2021-01-11|
- Laverne Cox is teaming with Meryl Streep and Rashida Jones to executive-produce a new documentary exploring one of the most critical issues at the intersection of race, feminism, and power: the sex industry, out.com noted. Sell/Buy/Date ...
|African American Arts Alliance, Black Ensemble to present MLK event Jan. 18
- The African American Arts Alliance of Chicago and Black Ensemble Theater will present the 10th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration on Monday, Jan. 18, at 6 p.m. The online event will be free. This ...
|Rip Nelson Holiday Quarantine Special extended through Jan. 17 2021-01-06|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Jan. 4, 2021) — Hell in a Handbag Productions is pleased to announce one additional week of performances of its streaming holiday hit The Rip Nelson Holiday Quarantine Special, now playing through Jan. 17, 2021. ...
|Hell in a Handbag announces annual benefit, "The Morning After" 2020-12-23|
- CHICAGO (Dec. 17, 2020) — Hell in a Handbag Productions is pleased to announce its annual benefit "The Morning After," featuring the streaming world premiere of the smash hit musical that started it all for them, ...
|PrideArts to screen one-night-only live virtual readings 2020-12-21|
--From a press release - PrideArts series of one-night-only live virtual readings resumes with TWELFTH NIGHT on the Twelfth of January Peter Vamvakas to direct a cast of seven Click here for a Word doc version of this release CHICAGO — ...
|Bechdel Fest 8 to highlight femme, female-identifying, non-binary, trans, queer actors 2020-12-21|
- Broken Nose Theatre (BNT) will present Bechdel Fest 8: Realign—the company’s annual festival of new short plays featuring an ensemble of femme, female-identifying, non-binary, trans and queer actors talking about things other than men.
|OUTSpoken: LGBTQ storytelling event Jan. 5 on Zoom 2020-12-16|
- Another OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Jan. 5, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. The ...
|Pegasus holding Young Playwrights Festival Jan. 7-31 2020-12-10|
- On Jan. 7-31, Pegasus Theatre Chicago is presenting the 34th Young Playwrights Festival (YPF), which selects winning high school-age scribes to apprentice with theater professionals to workshop and produce their ...
|THEATER About Face airing festival with Black LGBTQ+ artists
- About Face Theatre is launching its 25th season with Kickbackan online festival of 10 newly commissioned short plays and performances by Black LGBTQ+ artists, inspired by the Rebuild Foundation's collections at the Stony Island Arts Bank. ...
|Black Ensemble Theater's 'Holiday' event Dec. 18-25 2020-12-03|
- The Black Ensemble Theater is celebrating the 2020 holiday season with The Black Ensemble Virtual Holiday Extravaganza, written and directed by Producing Managing Director Daryl D. Brooks. Filmed from the performers' homes and the theater, the ...