WINDY CITY TIMES
||LGBTQ+ South Side Needs Assessment Community Report Out July 8
--From a press release
This article shared 493 times since Fri Jul 2, 2021
In late 2019, Howard Brown Health partnered with Pride Action Tank to develop and conduct a community input process to inform decision making regarding plans for the health care and LGBTQ+-affirming social services facility it will be building on the South Side of Chicago. This multi-phase project was made possible through the combined efforts of State Rep. Lamont Robinson, Governor JB Pritzker, Majority Leader Gregory Harris and other supporters in the Illinois General Assembly.
Join Pride Action Tank Thursday, July 8 at 5:30 p.m. CST as community leaders report out on key findings from the South Side Needs Assessment and the ways this data can affirm the lives of LGBTQ+ South Siders at every step of this multi-phase project!
Register at p2a.co/pV4MO8l
This article shared 493 times since Fri Jul 2, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Market Days performers include Jody Watley, Todrick Hall, Steve Grand 2021-07-23|
- Northalsted Market Days—taking place Aug. 6-8—will feature a star-studded line-up. Just some of the performers slated to entertain are icon Jody Watley ("Looking for a New Love"), Todrick Hall, Steve ...
|Summit looking for BIPOC LGBTQ+ attendees 2021-07-22|
- Pride Action Tank (PAT) and AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) will co-host "Co-Creating Futures: A BIPOC LGBTQ+ Policy & Practices Summit," starting virtually on Saturday, July 31, 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. CT. According to the event's webpage, "T ...
|Howard Brown Health announces new leader for The Center for Education, Research, and Advocacy 2021-07-21|
--From a press release - (July 21, 2021— Chicago, IL) Howard Brown Health is pleased announce Brandon Hill, PhD (he/him/his) as Howard Brown Health's new executive director for the Center for Education, Research, and Advocacy ...
|Col. Jennifer Pritzker donating to ACLU to help fight anti-trans laws 2021-07-20|
- Chicago philanthropist and business owner Col. Jennifer Pritzker plans to donate $101,000 and additional six-figure future support to the ACLU from her TAWANI Foundation to fight Tennessee's anti-transgender laws in court, a press release announced. T ...
|Chicago Filmmakers awards $100,000 to local social injustice digital media projects 2021-07-20|
--From a press release - (July 20, 2021 — Chicago, IL) Chicago Filmmakers is pleased to announce that the Chicago Digital Media Production Fund (CDMPF) has awarded a total of $100,000 in grants to eight Chicago artists for the production of ...
|Quigley secures funding for Center on Halsted program and other projects 2021-07-20|
- U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley (IL-05), a member of the House Committee on Appropriations and Chair of the Financial Services and General Government Subcommittee, announced that the Appropriations Committee has approved ...
|Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame announces 2021 inductees 2021-07-19|
--From a press release - The Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame, the only city-sanctioned LGBT Hall of Fame in the world, celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, was founded to honor people and entities, nominated by the community, who have made ...
|NATIONAL Amazon, condo collapse, T-shirt controversy, GLSEN 2021-07-18|
- At least two Amazon employees have resigned in recent weeks to protest the company's decision to continue to sell a book they say frames young people who identify as transgender as mentally ill, NBC News reported. ...
|2.9 million LGBTQ adults have federal student loan debt 2021-07-15|
--From a press release - LGBTQ adults carry more than $93 billion in debt A new study from the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law conducted in collaboration with the Point Foundation, the nation's largest LGBTQ scholarship fund, finds more ...
|National Black Justice Coalition commemorates International Non-Binary People's Day 2021-07-14|
--From a press release - Statement from David J. Johns, executive director of the National Black Justice Coalition, issued the following statement in commemoration of International non-binary people's Day: "Non-binary people have existed throughout human ...
|NATIONAL Spa incident, N.J. items, AIDS gala, Tenn. lawsuits 2021-07-11|
- Tensions rose between protesters and counterprotesters in Los Angeles over a spa incident involving a transgender woman, The Hill reported. Recently, a cisgender woman complained to staff at Wi Spa in Koreatown after a transgender woman ...
|After 50 years, Boston Pride dissolves 2021-07-11|
- After more than 50 years, Boston Pride decided to stop operating and dissolve, LGBTQ Nation reported. The groupone of the oldest Pride organizations in operationsdecided that the Boston community "needs and wants change without the involvement ...
|Results of South Side community center survey released 2021-07-10|
- Community advocates released the initial findings from a survey examining the needs for LGBTQ residents on the city's South Side on July 8. That assessment will largely determine the scope of a $15 million LGBTQ community ...
|Uniting Pride of Champaign County announces dates, theme of Pride events 2021-07-08|
- Uniting Pride of Champaign County announced the dates and theme for the 2021 Champaign-Urbana PrideFest and Parade. C-U Pridefest will be held the weekend of Sept. 24-26. After a year of isolation due to COVID-19 and ...
|ALMA, AFC host Latino/a/x-focused COVID-19 grand rounds virtual presentation 2021-07-08|
- Association of Latino/as/x Motivating Action (ALMA) and AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) hosted a "COVID-19 Grand RoundsSystemic Racism and Health Disparities: The Impact of COVID-19 on Latino/a/x populations" virtual presentation July ...