WINDY CITY TIMES
||LGBT MBA Conference Coming to Chicago
This article shared 1775 times since Wed Oct 12, 2005
Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, ranked as the nation's top business school by Business Week, is sponsoring Coming Out For Your MBA, a series of informational sessions designed to attract LGBT candidates for admission.
In Chicago, the event will take place Oct. 18 from 7-9 p.m. at The Boston Consulting Group, 200 S. Wacker.
The events will be organized by the Kellogg Gay and Lesbian Management Association ( GLMA ) along with the Kellogg Office of Admissions. According to GLMA admissions and outreach co-chair Ramon Rodriguez, Coming Out is one of the few business school-related events that targets the LGBT community. 'It's an effort by Kellogg to present the school as a welcoming place and we want to encourage LGBT students to apply,' he told Windy City Times.
Rodriguez also talked about some of the topics that the forum will address. 'We'll talk about [ issues such as ] whether people should come out in their applications and what school life is like [ for LGBT students ] .' The site was chosen 'as a way of signaling that some prestigious companies are reaching out,' he added.
Interested persons should sign up online at www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/admissions/visit/receptions.htm. All inquiries should be directed to Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org .
— Andrew Davis
This article shared 1775 times since Wed Oct 12, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Local business gives historic Edgewater storefront new life with holiday pop-up 2021-10-21|
--From a press release - Oct. 20, 2021 - Chicago, IL - The iconic former Granville Pictures storefront at 6200 Broadway in Edgewater is getting a second life with a holiday pop-up from local business City Grange. For nearly 90 years ...
|Wizard World Comic Con returns to Chicago 2021-10-17|
- After being canceled last year because of the COVID pandemic, Wizard World Comic Con Chicago returned to Rosemont's Donald E. Stephens Convention Center on Oct. 15-17and thousands of people attended. People ranging from attendees to vendors ...
|LGBT Chamber of Commerce to build 1,000 school supply kits for underserved kids 2021-10-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Back 2 School Illinois (B2SI), the state's largest free school supply program, in partnership with the LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois, will host a build-A-kit event at the Center on Halsted on Monday, ...
|Chicago Plumbing Code allows all-gender multiple occupancy restrooms 2021-10-15|
--From a Community Restroom Access Project (CRAP) press release - CHICAGO — The Community Restroom Access Project (CRAP) applauds passage Thursday by the Chicago City Council of the plumbing code modernization ordinance that will allow businesses and building owners to ...
|Dozens of celebrities, companies set to take part in Spirit Day on Oct. 21 2021-10-15|
--From a press release - New York, NY, Thursday, October 14, 2021 - Today, GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, announced a preliminary list of celebrities, shows ...
|Andersonville celebrates Halloween with 'Halloween on Catalpa' Oct. 30 2021-10-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (October 14, 2021) — Families are in for a special treat this year as Andersonville once again hosts its socially-distanced "Halloween on Catalpa" event and celebrates the return of ...
|Rosa Escareno named interim head of Chicago Park District 2021-10-13|
- Former Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) Commissioner Rosa Escareno has been named the interim general superintendent and CEO of the Chicago Park District. In an Oct. 13 statement, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot ...
|Black Incubator and Accelerator (BIA) program to offer support for Black-led organizations 2021-10-12|
- A new program—Black Incubator and Accelerator (BIA)—is offering funding and resources to Black-led organizations that primarily serve Black communities on the South and West Sides. BIA is new this year and run by University of Chicago ...
|TRAVEL Conde Nast again recognizes Chicago as top big city 2021-10-05|
- Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, Choose Chicago and World Business Chicago announced Conde Nast Traveler recognized Chicago as the #1 Best Big City in the U.S. for the fifth consecutive year in a row in the results ...
|BUSINESS Black council, HRCF release first-ever 'Black in Fashion' index 2021-10-04|
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation and The Black in Fashion Council, an organization that promotes and advances Black representation in the fashion and beauty industry, released their inaugural Black in Fashion Index report, which measures ...
|GLAAD launches video series spotlighting Black LGBTQ+ small-business owners 2021-10-04|
- GLAAD has launched "Changemakers," a four-part video series spotlighting Black LGBTQ+ small-business owners and their impact within their local communities before and throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. The series, presented by ...
|Chicago Reader celebrates 50th anniversary 2021-09-28|
--From a press release - The Chicago Reader, a fearless, innovative, and nationally respected media voice in Chicago since 1971, is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a variety of exhibitions, events, and projects. The Chicago Reader's first issue was October 1, ...
|Latin Restaurant Weeks taking place in Chicago Oct. 4-18 2021-09-28|
- National Hispanic Heritage Month takes place Sept. 15-Oct. 15, recognizing the many contributions of Hispanic Americans. As an effort to acknowledge the successful influences and cultures of Hispanic Americans, Latin Restaurant Weeks, LLC, will host its ...
|A new street festival comes home to Andersonville 2021-09-27|
- The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce presented the new event Andersonville Homecoming on Sept. 24-26. As guests entered the area blocked off Clark Street between Catalpa and Summerdale avenues, a $10 donation fee was suggested to benefit ...
|SAVOR Funkenhausen 2021-09-25|
- When it comes to fusion, West Town spot Funkenhausen, 1709 W. Chicago Ave., might be one of the more unusual restaurants. The cuisine here is a mixture of German ...