||King Day, Kevin's Room Events
This article shared 4329 times since Mon Dec 1, 2003
Chicago Black Lesbians and Gays presents their 9th Annual Free Breakfast Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., "In Times Like These We Need a King," Monday, Jan. 19, 10 a.m., Irish American Heritage Center, 4626 N. Knox Avenue, Chicago 60630
www.irishamhc.com . (Kennedy Expy into Edens Expy. Exit Wilson Ave East 1 block). This year's breakfast will be a champagne brunch to also celebrate CBLG's 10-year Anniversary.
Also, CBLG invites you to join them for the viewing of Kevin's Room 2, Sunday, Dec. 14, at 6:30 p.m., Taskforce, 1130 S. Wabash, Suite 404. Kevinís Room 1 at 7 p.m. (video), Refreshments & Food, and Kevin's Room 2 (broadcast live on WCIU Ch. 26) at 9p.m.
Contact CBLG: (312) 409-4917 or www.CBLG2K2@AOL.COM
This article shared 4329 times since Mon Dec 1, 2003
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|HRCF releases Corporate Equality Index; dozens of Chicago companies score 100 2022-01-28|
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation released its 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), which is celebrating 20 years of measuring company policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. This year ...
|Justice Stephen Breyer, champion of LGBTQ+ equality, to retire; HRC comments 2022-01-26|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON — Today, in response to United States Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Breyer announcing his retirement, Human Rights Campaign Interim President Joni Madison issued the following statement: "With Justice ...
|Report: Taliban targeting LGBT Afghans 2022-01-26|
- OutRight Action International and Human Rights Watch said in a report that LGBT Afghans and people who do not conform to rigid gender norms in Afghanistan have faced an increasingly desperate situation and grave threats to ...
|Florida lawmakers pass "Don't Say Gay" bill, Black LGBTQ+ civil rights group responds 2022-01-25|
-- From a National Black Justice Coalition press release - FLORIDA — The Florida House Education & Employment Committee has passed HB 1557, the Parental Rights in Education bill, known as the "Don't Say Gay" bill. This bill and its companion Senate bill SB 1834 would ...
|Abortion Rights Panel marks 49th anniversary with demand to defend historic Roe v Wade 2022-01-21|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO — To commemorate the 49th anniversary of Roe v Wade, a diverse national panel of speakers will demand that the U.S. Supreme Court uphold Roe, defending 50 years of legal abortion, and that supporters mobilize ...
|LGBTQ+ organizations release eighth State Equality Index 2022-01-20|
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation and the Equality Federation Institute released their eighth annual State Equality Index (SEI). The SEI is a comprehensive report that groups states and Washington, D.C. ...
|Sinema under fire from LGBTQ+ groups for voting-rights stance 2022-01-20|
- Some LGBTQ+-rights organizations have criticized U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Arizona)—a member of the community—after her stance on voting rights. Sinema and fellow Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, of West Virginia, have ...
|Human Rights Campaign Foundation releases new data on the LGBTQ+ wage gap 2022-01-19|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON — Today, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, released ...
|Human Rights Campaign celebrates advances in LGBTQ+ policies one year into Biden-Harris administration 2022-01-19|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC — One day before the one year anniversary of the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) celebrates the advances that have been made in LGBTQ+ ...
|Two join races for state office, Personal PAC comments on threats to reproductive rights 2022-01-18|
-- From a Personal PAC press release - Chicago, IL — Today, following the news that anti-choice extremists Richard Irvin and Avery Bourne would run as Republicans for governor and Lieutenant Governor of Illinois, Personal PAC President and CEO Terry Cosgrove released the following ...
|National LGBTQ Task Force Action Fund ED urges action on voting rights 2022-01-14|
-- From a press release - "The National LGBTQ Task Force Action Fund urges the U.S. Senate to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act. Voting rights are a cornerstone of our democratic process and ...
|Pope Francis thanks U.S. nun for advancing LGBTQ+ rights 2022-01-14|
- In a recent letter to Sister Jeannine Gramick, Pope Francis thanked her for her 50 years of advocacy and ministry to LGBTQ+ Catholics, The Hill reported. The pope in his letter, dated Dec. 10, said Gramick ...
|Minneapolis City Councilor Andrea Jenkins elected City Council President 2022-01-10|
From an HRC press release - MINNEAPOLIS — Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) congratulates Andrea Jenkins, a Minneapolis City Councilor and Human Rights Campaign board member, on her election to the role of City Council President. Jenkins, who became the first ...
|Laws targeting TGNC youth already proposed in several states 2022-01-08|
- In the first week of 2022, officials in at least seven states have already proposed laws that would limit the rights of transgender and non-binary youth, The Hill reported. Legislators in Arizona, Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Oklahoma, ...
|IDHR issues guidance regarding TGNC students 2022-01-06|
- The Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR) has issued its Guidance Relating to Protection of Transgender, Nonbinary, and Gender Nonconforming Students. The document is a non-regulatory guidance on non-discrimination protections ...