WINDY CITY TIMES
||Justice Theis reception Feb. 13 at Kanela
This article shared 2096 times since Wed Feb 8, 2012
A cocktail reception for Illinois Supreme Court Justice Mary Jane Theis will take place Mon., Feb. 13, 6-7:30 p.m., at Kanela Cafe, 3231 N. Clark St.
Theis has served at every level of the judiciary in Illinois, including 17 years on the state Appellate Court. In 2010, she was appointed to fill a vacancy on the Illinois Supreme Court when Chief Justice Thomas R. Fitzgerald retired.
Admission is $100 (individual), $500 (friend), $1,000 (host) and $2,500 (chair).
Members of the host committee include Congressman Mike Quigley, Jay Paul Deratany, Anthony Martinez, and Christopher Johnsen and Scott Clay, among others.
To RSVP or for more information, contact Sharon Weber at 312-527-3667 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
This article shared 2096 times since Wed Feb 8, 2012
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Opinion: LGBTQ+ candidates are there as Chicago politics prepare to shift 2023-02-08|
- The exhausting Chicago election cycle continues. Once the midterm and gubernatorial races were resolved this past November, the Windy City was already midstream in campaigning for the 2023 municipal elections Feb. 28 (with runoffs April 4). ...
|ELECTION 2023 INTERVIEW SERIES: Windy City Times interviews candidates 2023-02-08|
- There is no official Windy City Times voting guide for the upcoming elections but WCT is running a series of candidate interviews in advance of the Feb. 28 municipal elections. ...
|HRC on SOTU: Biden's support of trans youth highlights anti-trans legislative attacks 2023-02-08|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON In tonight's State of the Union address, President Joe Biden made a point to defend transgender and non-binary youth from the wave of attacks they're facing, saying "Let's also pass the bipartisan Equality Act ...
|Quigley announces State Sen. Sara Feigenholtz as State of the Union Guest 2023-02-07|
--From a press release - Washington, D.C. — Today, U.S. Representative Mike Quigley (IL-05) announced State Senator Sara Feigenholtz as his guest to President Joe Biden's State of the Union on Tuesday, February 7, 2023. Feigenholtz has represented the 6th distri ...
|On State of the Union eve, HRC highlights Biden-Harris record on LGBTQ+ equality, urges action 2023-02-06|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON — As President Biden prepares to deliver his second State of the Union address on Tuesday, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) — the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender ...
|George Santos accused of sexual harassment 2023-02-06|
- Embattled U.S. Congressman George Santos (R-New York)who is dealing with fallout from a resume filled with falsehoods, including an FBI investigationis now being accused of sexual harassment. According to CNN ...
|Equality Illinois signals readiness for anti-discrimination battles at 2023 gala 2023-02-05|
- LGBTQ+ Chicagoans and their supporters gathered the evening of Feb. 4 for the 2023 edition of the Equality Gala. Speakers included Mayor Lori Lightfoot, Equality Illinois CEO Brian Johnson, and Equality Florida CEO Nadine Smith, who ...
|WORLD Czech president, ex-athlete's legal dispute, Congo rebels, killing 2023-02-05|
- Former army chief and high NATO official Petr Pavel won the Czech Republic's presidential election, CNN reported. Pavel, a retired general running for office for the first time, won 58.3% of the vote, defeating controversial billionaire ...
|NATIONAL Gun measure, Buttigieg, NBJC's criticism, anti-trans bills 2023-02-05|
- Equality Florida condemned the filing of a bill, announced by Republican Florida House Speaker Paul Renner, that would eliminate training and permitting requirements for the concealed carrying of firearms. In a press statement, Equality Florida Press ...
|ELECTIONS 2023: Incumbent 49th Ward Ald. Maria Hadden talks accomplishments, second term goals 2023-02-01|
- ELECTIONS 2023: Incumbent 49th Ward Ald. Maria Hadden discusses accomplishments, second term goals By Carrie Maxwell This is part of a series of interviews Windy City Times is running on LGBTQ+ candidates in the 2023 municipal ...
|ELECTIONS 2023: 49th Ward challenger Belia Rodriguez on why running, differences from incumbent 2023-02-01|
- This is part of a series of interviews Windy City Times is running on LGBTQ+ candidates in the 2023 municipal elections taking place Feb. 28. Belia Rodriguez is a lifelong Chicagoan who attended Chicago Public Schools. ...
|ELECTIONS 2023: 48th Ward candidate Leni Manaa-Hoppenworth on why running, biggest differences from other challengers 2023-01-31|
- A lifelong Chicagoan, Leni Manaa-Hoppeworth is running to become the next 48th Ward Alderperson. She is currently a small business owner (Chicago Dance Supply, 5301 N. Clark St., for the past 20 years) in the ward ...
|ELECTIONS 2023 Lamont Robinson talks political switch, guns, LGBTQ+ issues 2023-01-30|
- This is part of a series of interviews Windy City Times is running on LGBTQ+ candidates in the 2023 municipal elections taking place Feb. 28. When it comes to politics, Lamont Robinson has, for several years, ...
|ELECTIONS 2023: Candidate Larry Svabek describes his vision for the 48th Ward 2023-01-30|
- This is part of a series of interviews Windy City Times is running on LGBTQ+ candidates in the 2023 municipal elections taking place Feb. 28. Twenty-nine year old Larry Svabek has been an instructor, lecturer and ...
|ELECTIONS 2023 Jessie Fuentes: 26th Ward candidate talks mental health, LGBTQ+ Chicagoans 2023-01-30|
- This is part of a series of interviews Windy City Times is running on LGBTQ+ candidates in the 2023 municipal elections taking place Feb. 28. The 2023 race to represent Chicago's 26th Ward—which includes parts of ...