||Intersex Awareness Day
This article shared 3087 times since Fri Oct 1, 2004
Intersex Activist & Educator Lynnell Stephani Long presents, 'Educating from the Heart!' an Intersex presentation in honor of Intersex Awareness Day, Tuesday, Oct., 26, 2004, 7 p.m. at Gerber/Hart Library, 1127 W. Granville Ave.
Intersex Awareness Day is the international day of grassroots action to end shame, secrecy and unwanted genital cosmetic surgeries on intersex children. 'We intend to create a 'day of action' similar to Take Back the Night, National Coming Out Day, or International Women's Day in that it will focus on grassroots activism organized by local activists,' organizers said.
E-mail email@example.com .
This event is sponsored by Windy City Media Group, in conjunction with Lynnell Stephani Long and Gerber/Hart Library.
This article shared 3087 times since Fri Oct 1, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Scores of LGBTQI+ groups call on policymakers to protect abortion rights 2022-06-02|
-- From a NCLR press release - WASHINGTON, DC — Today, the National Center for Lesbian Rights released an open letter signed by 91 organizations representing the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex (LGBTQI+) community voicing ...
|President Biden issues LGBTQI+ proclamation 2022-06-01|
- President Joe Biden issued a proclamation for the LGBTQI+ community. In "A Proclamation on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, And Intersex Pride Month, 2022," Biden said, in part, "I often say that America can be defined ...
|HRCF, TransCanWork launching virtual career fair Feb. 23 for trans, non-binary job seekers 2022-02-18|
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation (HRCF), the educational arm of the Human Rights Campaign, and TransCanWork (an organization committed to advancing transgender, gender diverse & intersex workplace inclusion) announced the ...
|NATIONAL California report, AIDS foundation CEO, QueerArt, intersex bill 2022-01-09|
- California law enforcement officials conduct body searches on Black and transgender people more often than on white and cisgender people, according to a new report from California's Racial and Identity Profiling Advisory (RIPA) Board, LGBTQ Na ...
|IOC announces framework for trans, intersex athletes 2021-11-17|
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced a new framework for transgender and intersex athletes, dropping controversial policies that required competing athletes to undergo "medically unnecessary" procedures or treatment, NBC News ...
|NATIONAL Intersex snapshot, teacher fired, 'Living Rainbow,' Task Force 2021-10-31|
- In honor of Intersex Awareness Day (Oct. 26), the National Institutes of Health's Sexual and Gender Minority Research Office (SGMRO) released the DSD & Intersex Research Portfolio Snapshot of the NIH FY 2019 SGM Portfolio Analysis, ...
|First U.S. passport with 'X' gender marker is issued 2021-10-28|
- On Oct. 27, the State Department was expected to issue the first U.S. passport with an "X" gender marker, The Washington Blade reported. Lambda Legal client Dana Zzyym, an intersex and non-binary U.S. Navy veteran, became ...
|WORLD Anti-TGNC vote, #VeryGayRaptor, Brazilian governor, Scottish poll 2021-09-05|
- In Australia, the government voted down workplace protections for transgender, non-binary and intersex people, OutInPerth.com reported. The senate was considering the Sex Discrimination and Fair Work (Respect at Work) Amendment ...
|New Biden administration materials clarify Title IX protects intersex students 2021-06-24|
--From a press release - Washington, D.C. Commemorating the 49th anniversary of Title IX, the US Department of Education (ED) and Department of Justice (DOJ) yesterday released two new resources clarifying the scope and ...
|WORLD Dutch apology, Swiss gov't, Victory Institute, 'Queer Japan' 2020-12-07|
- The Dutch government issued a formal apology to transgender and intersex citizens who were required to undergo sterilization surgeries to legally change their gender and agreed to compensate some of those who underwent the procedures, The ...
|NATIONAL Texas board, intersex portfolio, hate crimes, beauty queen dies
- A Texas regulatory board reinstated protections that bar social workers from refusing services to LGBTQ people and people with disabilities, NBC News reported. The Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council, or BHEC, on Tuesday unanimously reversed an ...
|NATIONAL Autistic trans guide, trans death, AIDS Quilt, intersex study 2020-10-19|
- The National LGBTQ Task Force and the AWNNetwork released a collaborative guide, "Before You Go: Know Your Rights & What to Expect at the Doctor and in the Hospital"a groundbreaking first-of-its-kind publication filled with tips and ...
|Lurie announces overhaul of pediatric intersex surgery policies 2020-07-29|
- Ann & Robert Lurie Children's Hospital announced July 28 that it will no longer perform irreversible genital surgical procedures on intersex patients until patients can participate in making the decision. The surgeries have long been controversial, ...
|Idaho anti-trans law challenged 2020-04-15|
- A lawsuit was filed April 15 challenging Idaho's recently passed law that bans women and girls who are transgender as well as many women and girls who are intersex from participating in school sports, according to ...
|WORLD Canada and COVID-19, Indonesia incident, Panama policy 2020-04-14|
- The organization Egale, partnering with INNOVATIVE Research Group, presented a timeline that shows the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on Canada's LGBTQI2S (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, intersex and two-spirit) ...