WINDY CITY TIMES
||Internet sites of the week
This article is from Outlines newspaper, which purchased and merged with Windy City Times in Sept. 2000.
by Andrew Davis, Windy City Times
This article shared 1543 times since Wed Apr 25, 2001
1. Springtime in Chicago is notable for many reasons: meterologically tumultuous days, Buckingham Fountain, the start of another losing season for the Cubs (although that hasn't been the case so far) ... and the smell of cowhide in the air. International Mr. Leather Weekend will soon be upon us ... meaning that everyone from little old ladies and business execs will cringe in (and have their curiosity piqued by) the presence of leather mommas and daddies. Check out the home page ( www.imrl.com ) and find out the latest on packages (of the weekend variety), scan pictures from the past, see the latest from last year's International Mr. Leather, Mike Taylor, and read about this year's contest.
2. Surely you've heard of tennis players like the Williams sisters and Anna Kournikova, but what about Amelie Mauresmo? The out Frenchwoman definitely has what it takes to hit with the big girls. AmÃ©lie's World ( brunux.wu-wien.ac.at/mauresmo/index.html ) is a detailed site that has everything you can imagine: stats, a detailed biography, polls, and almost every interview the girl has ever given.
I'm at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Copyright © 2001 Lambda Publications Inc. All rights reserved. Lambda publishes Windy City Times, The Weekly Voice of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Trans Community, Nightlines, Out Resource Guide, Clout! Business Report, Blacklines and En La Vida. 1115 W. Belmont 2D, Chicago, IL 60657; PH (773) 871-7610; FAX (773) 871-7609. Web at outlineschicago.com E-mail feedback to email@example.com!
This article shared 1543 times since Wed Apr 25, 2001
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Billy Masters 2022-07-11|
- "Wait a minute. Okay. Hold on a second here. You complain about me. I'm too weird. I'm too dark, and then you put nipples on the costume? Go fuck yourself!"Tim Burton explains how he dealt with ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|Halloween weirdness at Sidetrack 2019-11-12|
- Photos by Jerry Nunn ...
|WINTER THEATER SPECIAL Genre-defying works dot theater landscape 2019-01-29|
- There's a lot to be excited about on Chicago's upcoming theater slate. Winter promises dozens of shows premiering with weird, powerful and hilarious stories, and featuring fantastic casts. Get ready to put on your snow boots, ...
|Glad Rags' 'Wonder 'Under': An emotional kaleidoscope 2018-11-14|
- Local queer psychedelic orchestra band Glad Rags' second full-length album, Wonder Under, is an eclectic and weird ride in all the best ways. Although bringing to mind Tom Waits, with rich vocals graveling over horn and ...
|Northalsted Frost Fest, Feb. 25-26 2017-02-22|
- Cool off in this weirdly warm February at Northalsted Frost Fest, taking place this weekend, Sat., February 25 and Sun., February 26. Saturday brings you a Craft Beer Festival, featuring over 40 craft brews with the ...
|BOOK REVIEW You Don't Own Me: The Life and Times of Lesley Gore 2015-12-30|
- Your closet is packed with mistakes. Odd-colored shirts, patchwork jeans, alligators, prairie wear, weird ties, you wore it all once. But will those things ever be in style again, even if you wait long enough? No, ...
|DANCIN' FEATS A queer dance romance
by Lauren Warnecke - "It's kind of weird to be in a relationship in this community," said Erica Ricketts, 23, a 2013 grad of the Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago. As she navigates the challenging task of making a ...
- Barrel of Monkeys' That's Weird, Grandma: The Holiday Special is just like other editions of the family-friendly sketch show that draws its inspiration from writing workshops conducted with elementary students in underserved ...
|CRITICS' PICKS 2013-09-18|
- The Book of Mormon, Bank of America Theatre, through Oct. 6. Time is running out to catch this wildly acclaimed hit 2011 Broadway musical that not only takes pot-shots at some of the weirder aspects of ...
|DEEP TISSUE 2013-09-18|
a touching new column - One of the more entertaining aspects of doing massage on the fringe is some of the more eccentric weirdos that would grace my table. Many of them were repeat clients. My assumption was that once they ...
|DEEP TISSUE 2013-07-24|
a touching new column - During the years that I practiced massage some of the more memorable moments were spent fielding calls from prospective clients that ranged from simply inappropriate to weird and angry. Here are a few of the highlights: ...
|The hectic writing life of Ike Holter
SCOTTISH PLAY SCOTT - Chicago playwright Ike Holter is one busy man. The 28-year-old playwright behind last year's wildly acclaimed Stonewall Riots drama Hit the Wall has two new works debuting days apart: A 10-minute piece called Weirdo that's part ...
THEATER REVIEW - Playwright: Young Jean Lee. At: Red Tape Theatre, 621 W. Belmont Ave. (St. Peter's Church). Tickets: www.redtapetheatre.org; $25. Runs through: June 22 Weird play. Psycho-drama, really, akin to a much gentler version of Sarah Kane, the ...
|Billy Masters 2013-05-21|
- "Who hasn't dated a gay dude? He didn't tell me, but I just sort of figured it out. There were weird things he would say. He once tried on my heels. ... That was a pretty big indication."Gabourey Sidibe shares her ...
|SHOWBIZ Outfest, Halo, 'Sex Education,' trans singer, 'Doctor Who'|
|NATIONAL Bisexual politicians, DADT, NBJC awards, crimes, Buttigieg|
|WORLD African efforts, HIV in Amsterdam, Donatella Versace, 'The Queen in Me'|
|MUSIC Former 'Idol' finalist Jim Verraros on his new song, Chicago and Kelly Clarkson|
|Support group for LGBT widows and widowers unites members in grief|