WINDY CITY TIMES
||Indiana victim of serial killer ID'd 40 years after being found
This article shared 449 times since Fri Dec 3, 2021
A 19-year-old from Jasper County, Indiana, has been identified as a victim of serial killer Larry Eylernearly 40 years after the victim died, ABC 7 Chicago reported.
The remains of William Joseph Lewis of Peru, Indiana, were found in a field by a hunter in October 1983 near Rensselaer but they were not positively identified until recently, with the help of sophisticated DNA matching that linked him to his family.
Known as the "Jasper County John Doe," Lewis' body was found with the remains of 20 other young men or boys. Now that he's been identified, Lewis' family is planning on a proper burial and service.
Known as the "Interstate Killer," Eylerwho died in a Pontiac, Illinois, prison in 1994 at age 41murdered more than 20 young men in the late 1970s and early 1980s in the Midwest.
This article shared 449 times since Fri Dec 3, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Chief Judge Evans responds to Mayor Lightfoot's request on electronic monitoring 2022-01-18|
-- Press release from Office of the Chief Judge Cook County Circuit Court - Chief Judge Timothy C. Evans responded Jan. 19 to Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot's request for a moratorium on use of electronic monitoring for defendants accused of certain violent crimes by pointing out the national and state ...
|Amariey Lej, 20 year old Black trans woman, killed in Pennsylvania 2022-01-12|
-- From a NBJC press release - WILKINSBURG, PA- The National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) mourns the loss of Amariey Lej, a 20-year-old Black transgender woman. Amariey was shot and found lying in the streets of Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania, on January 1, 2022. Lej ...
|Duval Princess, 24 year old Black trans woman, found shot to death in Florida 2022-01-12|
--From a NBJC press release - FLORIDA — The National Black Justice Coalition mourns the loss of Duval Princess, a 24-year-old Black transgender woman. Princess was found shot in a car at Highland Square shopping center in Jacksonville, Florida, on January 3, ...
|Ahmaud Arbery's killers sentenced to life 2022-01-07|
- On Jan. 7, three white men who chased and murdered Ahmaud Arbery were sentenced to life in prison in a Georgia courthouse for the 25-year-old's murder in 2020. According to CNN.com, Travis McMichael, 35; his father, ...
|Trans woman killed at Indianapolis nightclub 2021-12-31|
- Ke'Yahonna Stone, a 32-year-old trans woman and community advocate, died after being shot in the parking lot of an Indianapolis nightclub, LGBTQ Nation reported. The shooting occurred early Dec. 26 outside the Epic Ultra Lounge. Stone ...
|Jury reaches verdict in Ghislaine Maxwell case 2021-12-29|
- On Dec. 29, jury found Ghislaine Maxwell guilty on five of six counts related to her role in Jeffrey Epstein's sexual abuse of minor girls between 1994 and 2004, CNN.com reported. The trial, which took place ...
|Judge orders release of report on handling of Smollett case 2021-12-20|
- On Dec. 20, Cook County Judge Michael Toomin authorized the release of a report exploring the way Cook County prosecutors and Chicago police handled the Jussie Smollett matter, The Chicago Tribune reported. The move came after ...
|USA Gymnastics, USOPC reach $380M settlement with abuse victims 2021-12-14|
- On Dec. 13, a federal bankruptcy court in Indianapolis confirmed a $380-million settlement between USA Gymnastics and the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee with hundreds of victims of former national team doctor Larry Nassar, among others, ...
|VIEWS Will Smollett's hoax affect public perception of hate crimes? 2021-12-13|
- Former Empire actor Jussie Smollett was recently found guilty on five of the six counts of felony disorderly conduct for concocting an elaborate racist and homophobic assault against himself. Each Class 4 felony count can land ...
|Smollett guilty on five counts 2021-12-09|
- After over nine hours of deliberation, a jury found actor Jussie Smollett guilty Dec. 9 of faking an anti-gay hate crime against himself in Streeterville on Jan. 2019, according to multiple reports. Smollett was guilty of ...
|Remembering Ciara Minaj Carter Frazier 2021-12-08|
Trans Omnibus Project - "And hold that pose for me." That's what Ciara Minaj Carter Frazier's family would hear in the middle of the night, as Ciara was up late voguing, said her sister Lunetta Frazier. "We definitely miss her, ...
|Remembering Tyianna Alexander 2021-12-08|
Trans Omnibus Project - Chicagoan Tyianna Alexander, also known as Davarea Alexander, was the first trans woman to die by murder in the city in 2021. She was 28. Alexander was shot to death the morning of Jan. 6 at the 800 block of West ...
|Remembering T.T. Saffore 2021-12-08|
Trans Omnibus Project - Jaliyah Armstrong can still remember how brightly T.T. Saffore smiled. "Silly T.T.," Armstrong called her. Saffore's "magic"—that jokester smile—would bring Armstrong solace regardless of what was going on around them. ...
|Remembering Paige Clay 2021-12-08|
Trans Omnibus Project - Paige Clay could turn anything into a runway. One time, she strutted up and down the middle of a street, feet sashaying on the yellow lines and cars driving past her in both directions. The wind ...
|Remembering Tiffany Gooden 2021-12-08|
Trans Omnibus Project - When Tiffany Gooden was killed in August 2012, she was only 19 years old. Almost a decade later, her murder remains unsolved—but there's more to her than the details of her death, according to her friends ...