WINDY CITY TIMES
||Illinois Office of Tourism Wins Spartacus Traveler Award for #AmazingForAll
This article shared 2257 times since Tue Mar 19, 2019
CHICAGO— The Illinois Office of Tourism's #AmazingForAll campaign received the Spartacus Traveler Award for best LGBTQ tourism campaign during ITB Berlin, the world's leading travel trade show. Spartacus, a leading LGBTQ travel magazine in Germany, created the awards to celebrate ground-breaking LGBTQ marketing efforts around the world.
Illinois Office of Tourism's Acting Director, Jan Kemmerling, accepted the award during a ceremony, March 6 in Berlin. "The #AmazingForAll campaign highlights our mission for inclusivity and equality across the state of Illinois," said Kemmerling. "We are honored to be recognized for promoting Illinois as a destination that welcomes all travelers from around the world. "
The Illinois Office of Tourism competed against three other LGBTQ campaigns including Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau, Condor Airlines and Tour Spain. The #AmazingForAll campaign was selected as the winner by a combination of Spartacus Travel readers and a panel of judges from the magazine.
Illinois Office of Tourism launched the #AmazingForAll campaign in 2018 to welcome LGBTQ visitors to experience the places and people that make Illinois amazing. EnjoyIllinois.com/AmazingforAll features digital and social content illustrating the excitement Illinois locals have about welcoming LGBTQ visitors from across the world. To view the new "#Amazing for All" video click here. For images of the #AmazingForAll art sculpture ( permanently located in Chicago's Boystown neighborhood ) click here.
Spartacus is one of the oldest and most established brands for the worldwide LGBT travel community. The travel magazine SPARTACUS Traveler has been informing German-speaking LGBT travelers since 2006 with news and editorial coverage about current travel trends.
—From a Office of Tourism press release
The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Office of Tourism manages industry efforts that result in sustainable and significant economic and quality-of-life benefits for Illinois residents.
This article shared 2257 times since Tue Mar 19, 2019
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|OP-ED: New Year's Eve circuit parties go on despite COVID-19 travel concerns 2021-01-08|
- This past New Year's Eve, thousands of gay men flocked to Mexico to attend a New Year's eve "White Party" hosted by long time party promoter Jeffrey Sanker—the host of the annual white party in Palm ...
|SAVOR Travelle To Go 2020-09-01|
- These days, when convenience seems paramount, Travelle at The Langham (330 N. Wabash Ave.; TravelleChicago.com) offers something that it hopes will draw lots of people: Travelle To Go. And this concept should. Located around the corner ...
|MUSIC Cor.Ece: Queer singer on journey, 'The Chi' and 'hopeful electro-soul' 2020-08-13|
- Cor.Ece is a singer/songwriter who, unlike most people, seems to have found his niche: making inspiring music that he calls "hopeful electro-soul." He is now based in Los Angeles, but has literally traveled the country while ...
|DNC speakers, including Biden, not traveling to Milwaukee 2020-08-05|
- After ongoing consultation with public health officials and expertswho underscored the worsening coronavirus pandemicthe Democratic National Convention Committee announced that speakers for the 2020 Democratic National ...
|COVID-19 Wisconsin added to Chicago's quarantine order 2020-07-28|
- On July 27, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced that Wisconsin will be the next state to join the 18 previously listed on the city's emergency travel order, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel noted. First enacted on July ...
|ACTIVITIES Rollin' on the river, courtesy of the Chicago Electric Boat Company 2020-07-08|
- Running out of ideas regarding what to do this summer? Well, it turns out there's nothing like going down the river in a boat built for two (with social distancing). I recently cruised down the Chicago ...
|Mapping the Gay Guides project plots queer spaces, launches digital map 2020-06-26|
- When Eric Gonzaba travels across the United States, he often wonders about the history of the places he passes through specifically, their queer history. The Cal State Fullerton assistant professor of American studies is the ...
|Anne Steele, Kelli Carpenter raise funds for meals. Online concert April 29
- Lesbian singer/ songwriter Anne Steele decided to start online concerts to lift the spirts of her fans, friends and family. While playing the "couch concerts" every Wednesday on Facebook Live, her wife, Kelli Carpenter, a travel ...
|TRAVEL San Antonio, a spot that defies and embraces Texas 2020-03-14|
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times - San Antonio is one city that encompasses what one may think of Texasbut also extends beyond one's perceptions of the state. Yes, there are the seemingly requisite cowboy hats and (emblematic of the notion that "everything ...
|SHOWBIZ Halsey, GLAAD, Jonathan Van Ness, Carol Burnett, 'Stranger Hearts' 2020-03-10|
- Halsey said she won't be touring for a while after the year is over, IHeart.com noted. The singer, who is currently traveling for her "Manic World Tour," made the announcement on Instagram March 1. Posting images ...
|WORLD Travel meeting postponed, Hong Kong ruling, African refugees, Grindr sold 2020-03-10|
- The International LGBTQ+ Travel Associationscheduled to take place in Milan, Italyhas been postponed to September/October because of coronavirus concerns, an organizational press release announced. The release stated, "The outbreak of ...
|Make a pit stop in Indy for a gay ol' time
- Approximately three hours outside of Chicago, Indianapolis, Indiana has a lot to offer travelers in terms of cuisine, history and nightlife. Start off by staying at the Conrad Hotel in Downtown Indianapolis to be centrally located ...
|NATIONAL Fatal shooting, LGBTQ political news, Bayard Rustin, travel ban 2020-02-05|
- In response to the ongoing investigation into the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Ja'Quarius Taylor, from New Orleans, as a possible hate crime, National Black Justice Coalition Executive Director David Johns and Executive Director of the Lawyers' ...
|theWit celebrating Warhol with package 2020-01-07|
- theWit Hotel, 201 N. State St., is celebrating the arrival of "Andy WarholFrom A to B and Back Again," the acclaimed traveling Andy Warhol exhibit that has just made its debut in Chicagowith a hotel package ...
|TRAVEL Ireland, Northern Ireland: A land of rainbows 2019-12-13|
- Possibly the friendliest country anywhere, Ireland is a lush, green island in the North Atlantic. The Republic of Ireland is divided in two, with Northern Ireland being a part of the United Kingdom. This splits the ...