WINDY CITY TIMES
||Illinois HIV+ people urged to take quiz
This article shared 430 times since Wed Sep 28, 2016
Illinois HIV Care Connect has introduced the HIV #StayinCare Quiz to raise awareness of the topic of staying in care, also known as "retention in care," Business Wire noted.
By taking this quiz, people living with HIV in Illinois can measure their offhand awareness and knowledge of why staying in HIV care is important. At the end of the quiz, they are informed of the correct answers and directed to educational resources.
This autumn, Illinois HIV Care Connect will publish educational content about the importance of staying in HIV care on its website. People living with HIV in Illinois will be asked to retake the quiz after reviewing the campaign information, so that Illinois HIV Care Connect can compare the pre- and post-campaign quiz results.
The quiz can be found at tinyurl.com/jz7g6re .
The Business Wire item is at www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160824005209/en.
This article shared 430 times since Wed Sep 28, 2016
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Howard Brown developing new center in Northalsted area
- Howard Brown Health has chosen Inland National Development Company, LLC to develop its newest healthcare center in Chicago's Northalsted neighborhood (formerly known as Boystown), according to REJournals. There are plans ...
|Vulnerable communities slow to adopt key strategy to stop HIV's spread 2021-01-11|
--From a UCLA press release - LOS ANGELES — Taking a daily pill to prevent HIV transmission is one of the most effective biomedical strategies available to combat the virus' spread, yet use of this health regimen remains low among vulnerable communities ...
|National Minority AIDS Council responds to attack on U.S. Capitol 2021-01-06|
- Jan. 6, 2021 - National Minority AIDS Council (NMAC) Executive Director Paul Kawata has released the following statement on today's attack on the U.S. Capitol. "NMAC is completely saddened, sickened, and in total shock over the riots at the U.S. ...
|WORLD Lithuania outlook, HIV/AIDS and COVID, lawyer arrested, trans youth 2020-12-27|
- Lithuania appears set to legalize same-sex civil partnerships next year, but same-sex marriage could be up to a decade away, according to Tomas Raskevicius—the country's only openly LGBT+ lawmaker, Reuters reported. "We're going to submit t ...
|AIDS Garden projected for fall 2021 completion 2020-12-22|
- State Rep. Yoni Pizer convened a virtual meeting Dec. 21 to discuss the progress of the AIDS Garden Chicago. The long-planned site is "destined to become a true Chicago landmark and destination," said Pizer as he ...
|AIDS Garden Chicago installation update coming Dec. 21
- CHICAGO — On Monday, Dec. 21 at 11 a.m., 12th District State Representative Yoni Pizer will be hosting a virtual town hall with fellow elected officials, community partners, and project managers to provide a progress report ...
|AIDS Foundation Chicago, Cook County Health mark World AIDS Day 2020-11-30|
--From a press release - AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) and Cook County Health are collaborating for a special virtual event in honor of World AIDS Day, a global movement to increase public awareness and dialogue about HIV and AIDS, on Dec. ...
|Day With(out) Art: Transmissions launches online Nov. 30 2020-11-18|
--From a press release - NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2020 — Visual AIDS, the only contemporary arts organization fully committed to raising AIDS and HIV awareness through dialogue, art exhibitions and public forums, announces their ...
|Congressional co-chairs introduce World AIDS Day resolution
- U.S. Reps. Barbara Lee (CA-13) and Rep. Jenniffer Gonzalez Colon (PR-At Large), co-chairs of the Congressional HIV/AIDS Caucus, introduced a bipartisan resolution supporting the goals of World AIDS Day, according ...
|Gov. Pritzker, Vanessa Williams to be at AFC's 'Gala35' Nov. 19 2020-11-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) marks its milestone 35th year of service with 'Gala35,' a virtual celebration and fundraiser taking place Thursday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m. The event features an esteemed panel of guest ...
|Advocate Craig Johnson named next board chair of AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- In October, AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC)'s board of directors voted Craig W. Johnson as the next AFC board chair. Craig has served on the board since 2017, and most recently worked as board vice chair and ...
|AIDS Foundation of Chicago's 'Gala35' Nov. 19 2020-10-25|
- AIDS Foundation of Chicago's (AFC's) "Gala35"marking its 35th anniversarywill be a virtual event taking place Thursday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m. Gala35 marks the organization's 35th year of service and will be its premier gatheri ...
|NATIONAL Autistic trans guide, trans death, AIDS Quilt, intersex study 2020-10-19|
- The National LGBTQ Task Force and the AWNNetwork released a collaborative guide, "Before You Go: Know Your Rights & What to Expect at the Doctor and in the Hospital"a groundbreaking first-of-its-kind publication filled with tips and ...
|TPAN names Colleen O'Neill as its new CEO
- TPAN has announced the hiring of Colleen O'Neill as its new CEO to assist in empowering the organization to continue to provide care and far-reaching education to people affected by HIV/AIDS, hepatitis and all related issues, ...
|Nat'l AIDS Memorial to launch 50-state AIDS Memorial Quilt Virtual Exhibition 2020-10-09|
--From a press release - SAN FRANCISCO (October 9, 2020) — The National AIDS Memorial is announcing a virtual exhibition of the AIDS Memorial Quilt (the Quilt) that will feature more than 10,000 Quilt panels representing all 50 state and U.S. ...