WINDY CITY TIMES
||IML Contest to be Held at Navy Pier
This article shared 1854 times since Wed Jan 26, 2005
The 27th International Mr. Leather ( IML ) competition will take place May 26-30 ( Memorial Day weekend ) . According to an IML press release, this year's contest will take place in the Grand Ballroom at Chicago's Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand, May 29, at 5 p.m. IML will also host a Closing Ceremonies celebration at the host hotel, the Hyatt Regency Chicago, 151 E. Wacker, at 11 p.m.
Other events include the 13th Annual International Mr. Bootblack Competition, which will be held May 27-29; The Leather Market, which will take place May 27-30; the Opening Ceremonies gala on May 26 at 9 p.m.; the Pecs & Personality physique competition on May 28 at 9 p.m.; and the Black and Blue Ball on May 30 from 8 p.m.-4 a.m. All of these events will occur at the Hyatt Regency with the exception of the Black and Blue Ball, which will happen at Excalibur, 632 N. Dearborn.
IML weekend packages can be bought online at www.boxofficetickets.com or by calling ( 800 ) 494-TIXS. Tickets to individual IML events will soon be available at the same web address.
This article shared 1854 times since Wed Jan 26, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Lark Lux wins Midwest Fetish Title 2023-10-16|
- Midwest Fetish and Leather Collective Contest Weekend kicked off Oct. 13 with a meet-and-greet held at Cellblock Chicago. The next day, three contestants vied for the Midwest Fetish Title, with the main contest held at the ...
|Winners named for Fetish Weekend contest 2023-07-25|
- The inaugural Chicago Fetish Weekend awarded its two titles on the evening on July 22. Lil Daddy Bear won the title of Chicago Leather Ambassador, while Riley won the title of Midwest Rubber. ...
|Chicago Fetish Weekend gets into gear 2023-07-22|
- Chicago Fetish Weekend kicked off July 21 with the welcome party, which was held at The Baton. Emcee Pup Figaro introduced the judges, tally masters and the nine contestants vying for the two titles of Midwest ...
|Passages: Benjamin Feathers passes away 2023-07-06|
- Benjamin Feathers, "Pup Fenrir", 41, of Chicago's Uptown neighborhood, died in an apartment fire on July 1. Ben lived a very lively life. He was a lifestyle member of Chicago's Leather community. Like so many others, ...
|As Pride Month begins, 2Bears Tavern Group issues statement on allyship and safe spaces 2023-06-01|
--From a press release - [Chicago, IL — June 1, 2023] As we begin Pride Month, many in the LGBTQIA+ community, and in particular of late, transgender and non-binary people, drag performers, and parts of the leather, fetish, kink, and BDSM ...
|Barela wins International Mr. Leather title 2023-05-30|
- IML45 came to an exciting close at the Auditorium Theater on Sunday Night as the title was awarded to Marcus Barela of Los Angeles, California. Chris Glc of Atlanta, Georgia was awarded first runner up, and ...
|IML visitors are off to (the leather) market 2023-05-28|
- International Mr. Leather visitors shopped and took part in demonstrations at the event's famous (infamous?) Leather Market at the Congress Hotel over Memorial Day weekend. Several dozen vendors took part in the event; a portion of ...
|IML 2023 begins 2023-05-26|
- Visitors from around the world gathered in the Florentine Room of the Congress Hotel on May 25 to kick off the opening ceremonies of the 2023 installment International Male Leather. The event was emceed by Thib ...
|Bears, cubs and their admirers return for Illinois Bear Contest 2023-04-11|
- Visitors and Chicagoans gathered at Charlies Chicago, 3726 N. Broadway, on April 7 to kick off the Illinois Bear Contest weekend, the first since 2019. The contest itself took place the following evening at Leather Archives ...
|Puppy & Handler Contest returns 2023-02-21|
Joseph Stephens - The Midwest Puppy & Handler Contest took place the weekend of Feb. 17-18 for the first time since 2019. The contest's meet-and-greet was held at Cellblock Feb. 17. The contest itself was hosted by the Leather ...
|Chicagoans gather for Jackhammer re-opening 2023-01-30|
Photos by Joseph Stevens - Rogers Park leather and fetish bar Jackhammer held its grand re-opening the evening of Jan. 27 after a long renovation process. The longtime North Side watering hole opened in 1999, taking over the space previously occupied ...
|ONYX Midwest forum tackles racist performance at Touche's anniversary party 2023-01-22|
- In a response to the racist performance that took place at the leather, fetish and bear-focused Touche Chicago's 45th anniversary celebration on Nov. 1, 2022, ONYX Midwest hosted a community forum Jan. 21 at The Leather ...
|Touche Chicago's 45th-anniversary celebration marred by racist performance 2022-11-03|
- Racist performance mires Touche Chicago's 45th anniversary celebration By Carrie Maxwell On Nov. 1, the leather, fetish and bear-focused Touche Chicago celebrated its 45th anniversary with a feature performance by ...
|LGBTQ+ leather bar Touche hosting monkeypox vaccine clinics 2022-08-24|
- Chicago leather nightspot Touche, 6412 N. Clark St., is hosting a series of monkeypox vaccine clinics—called "Pox Vax Parties"—through September. Events will be held Wed., Aug. 24; Wed., Aug. 31; Tuesday, Sept. 6; Wed., Sept. 14; ...
|More than 10,000 attend in-person IML weekend in Chicago 2022-06-05|
- Memorial Day weekend is also typically when International Mr. Leather, or IML, and International Mr. Bootblack are held—and more than 10,000 people attended the in-person event that took place in Chicago on May 26-30. ...