|IDENTITY: GLBTI Race, Gender, Culture
This article shared 3421 times since Thu Jan 1, 2004
BLACKlines and En La Vida, 8-year-old specialty gay publications produced by
Windy City Media Group,
are now merging into a glossy monthly magazine.
The new publication will focus on all aspects of Identity;
race, gender, HIV status,
spirituality, culture, age,
politics, disabilities, & more.
Look for Identity in February!
This article shared 3421 times since Thu Jan 1, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE
|NATIONAL Utah board member, Baths founder dies, Fla. protests, DoJ equity plan 2024-02-16
- Utah's Republican governor and lieutenant governor urged the State Board of Education to take action against a conservative board member whose social-media post questioning the gender of a high school basketball player incited threats against the ...
|New US Trans Survey highlights importance of gender-affirming care and societal acceptance 2024-02-11
- After surveying 92,329 people in 2022, the early insights gleaned from the 2022 U.S. Trans Survey (USTS) have been released—and they highlight just how much impact gender-affirming care can have. The USTS, which was last completed ...
|NATIONAL Texas court, police chief, Gentili memorial, Philly controversy 2024-02-09
- The Texas Supreme Court heard oral arguments challenging Senate Bill 14, the ban on gender-affirming care that went into effect last September, KERA reported. SB 14 blocks trans minors from accessing gender-affirming medical care, such as ...
|Tara VanDerveer becomes winningest coach in college basketball 2024-01-22
- Stanford University women's basketball coach and gender-rights advocate Tara VanDerveer became the college-basketball coach with the most wins ever on Jan. 21, media outlets reported. After her team defeated Oregon State 65-56, VanDerveer has 1,203 ca ...
|NATIONAL Wis. report, gender dysphoria, HIV research, Stonewall exhibit, gay CEOs 2024-01-19
- A new annual report from Wisconsin's Office of Children's Mental Health shows that the state's minorsespecially girls, children of color and LGBTQ+ youthcontinue to struggle with anxiety, depression and thoughts ...
|NATIONAL Trans Health Equity Act, school policy, drag items, Don Lemon, Danica Roem 2024-01-12
- The Trans Health Equity Acta law that requires Maryland's Medicaid program to cover gender-affirming treatmentstook effect Jan. 1, The Washington Blade noted. In May 2023, Democratic Gov. Wes Moore signed the act. The law covers hormone ...
|Ohio House overrides governor's pro-trans veto 2024-01-11
- On Jan. 10, Ohio's Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted 65-28 to override GOP Gov. Mike DeWine's Dec. 29 veto of a bill that bans gender-affirming healthcare for minors. Democrats say transgender people and parents of transgender ...
|HEALTH Northwestern Medicine has third-gender option; Chicago at 'medium' COVID level 2024-01-10
- Northwestern Medicine now allows patients to use the letter "X" on documents for their gender if they do not want to identify as male or female, WLS reported. Officials said it's been a year-long process involving ...
|Republican Ohio governor vetoes anti-trans youth bans in health and sports 2023-12-30
- After speaking with healthcare providers and the families of transgender children, Republican Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine vetoed an anti-LGBTQ+ measure that would have banned transgender youth from receiving gender-affirming care ...
|Judge: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois may not exclude gender-affirming care in plans across the U.S. 2023-12-21
--From a press release - (Tacoma, WA, December 20, 2023) — Today, U.S. District Court Judge Robert Bryan instructed Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) to cease imposing discriminatory exclusions on gender-affirming care in ...
|Chicago trans man sues former employer, union over gender-affirming medical care denials 2023-12-16
- Chicago trans man Morgan Mesi, 34, filed a federal lawsuit Dec. 14 that alleges he was denied medically necessary and critical gender-affirming healthcare by the health care plan that is run jointly by his former employers ...
|Angelica Ross talks politics, Hollywood, Buddhism and more 2023-12-13
- Angelica Ross had already made her imprint on society in various ways. She is the founder of TransTech Social Enterprises, which helps transgender and gender-nonconforming people become part of the tech industry; an activist who hosted ...
|Wisconsin governor vetoes anti-trans youth healthcare ban 2023-12-08
- In an expected move, Democratic Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers vetoed a bill that aimed to outlaw gender-affirming care for minors, CBS News reported. Evers has sworn to strike down any proposals from the GOP-controlled Wisconsin Legislature ...
|Billy Masters: The icing on the cake at a gender-reveal party 2023-12-05
- "To hell with this place!"—George Santos's parting comments after being ejected from Congress. He also said that Congress "is full of felons galore." At least, that's what I think he said. With his lisp, it sounded ...
|Illinois attorney general part of effort against Oklahoma anti-trans youth law 2023-11-16
--From a press release - Chicago — Illinois Attorney General Kwame Raoul is opposing a state law in Oklahoma that severely limits the ability of transgender youth to access critical, lifesaving gender-affirming care. Raoul, along with a coalition of attorneys general, ...