||IDENTITY: GLBTI Race, Gender, Culture
This article shared 3198 times since Thu Jan 1, 2004
BLACKlines and En La Vida, 8-year-old specialty gay publications produced by
Windy City Media Group,
are now merging into a glossy monthly magazine.
The new publication will focus on all aspects of Identity;
race, gender, HIV status,
spirituality, culture, age,
politics, disabilities, & more.
Look for Identity in February!
This article shared 3198 times since Thu Jan 1, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WORLD Eswatini ruling, Toronto deaths, Greece, blood donations 2022-05-15|
- The High Court in Eswatini (formerly Swaziland) rejected an appeal for legal recognition by the local LGBTQ+-rights group Eswatini Sexual & Gender Minorities, citing "laws … prevailing in the kingdom" ...
|Judge blocks part of Alabama law criminalizing care for trans youth 2022-05-14|
- On May 13, U.S. District Judge Liles Burke blocked part of an Alabama law that made it a felony to prescribe gender-affirming puberty blockers and hormones to transgender minors, USA Today reported. ...
|Texas court okays child-abuse inquries into families of trans kids 2022-05-13|
- On May 13, the Texas Supreme Court unanimously cleared the way for the state child-welfare agency to resume investigating parents and doctors who provide gender-affirming care for trans youthactions Gov. Greg Abbott has equated to child ...
|Judge: Dallas hospital must start gender-affirming treatment for trans youth 2022-05-12|
- In Texas, Dallas County Judge Melissa Bellan temporarily removed all barriers for transgender youth seeking medical treatments from Children's Medical Center Dallasproviding a major win for doctors fighting to restore ...
|DoJ files suit challenging Alabama's trans youth law 2022-05-02|
- The U.S. Justice Department (DoJ) filed a complaint alleging that Alabama's controversial law banning gender-affirming care for youth is unconstitutional, according to AL.com. In the complaint filed in federal court ...
|Okla. governor bans non-binary gender identities on birth certificates 2022-04-30|
- Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt signed a bill explicitly barring the use of non-binary gender markers on state birth certificatesa ban experts say is the first of its kind in the nation, according to an NPR item. ...
|HRC: Real threat to women's sports not trans athletes but underfunding, lack of resources 2022-04-20|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC—As states across the country continue to debate and pass anti-transgender sports bans — bills that would prevent transgender girls from playing on sports teams that align with their gender identity — a new Human ...
|Florida advises against gender-affirming care for minors; LGBTQ+ groups respond 2022-04-20|
- On April 20, Florida's department of health said children younger than 18 years old should not be permitted to receive any form of gender-affirming care, including medications like puberty blockers and hormones and "social gender transition" ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Glamorous,' Jake Gyllenhaal, Alice Walker, queer singers, trans film fest 2022-04-17|
- Three years after The CW passed on Glamorous, Netflix has picked up the redeveloped series about a young gender nonconforming queer man, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The streaming giant has handed out a 10-episode, straight-to-series ...
|Families sue Alabama over ban on gender-affirming care for trans adolescents 2022-04-11|
-- From a press release - (Montgomery, AL, April 11, 2022) – Two Alabama families filed a lawsuit in federal court today challenging a recently passed law that criminalizes medical professionals who provide care to transgender adolescents with up to 10 years in prison. ...
|HRC condemns Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey for first bill to impose criminal penalties on providers of gender-affirming care for youth 2022-04-08|
-- From a press release - MONTGOMERY Today, Governor Ivey signed Senate Bill 184, legislation passed in the final hours of the session by anti-equality legislators, is the first in the nation to impose felony criminal penalties on medical professionals who offer ...
|Pro-LGBTQ+ groups sue Florida over 'Don't Say Gay' law 2022-04-01|
- On March 31, organizations filed a lawsuit against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis the so-called "Don't Say Gay" law that forbids classroom instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in kindergarten through third grade, per ABC News. ...
|GLAAD responds to State Dept.'s announcement about availability of gender-neutral passports 2022-03-31|
-- From a press release - Thursday, March 31, 2022 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, is responding to the Biden administration's announcement implementing updates to identity ...
|DeSantis signs Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' bill 2022-03-28|
- On March 28, Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis banned public-school teachers in from holding classroom instruction about sexual orientation or gender identity after signing the controversial "Parental Rights in Education" ...
|Logo announces grant initiative with LGBTQ+ community centers 2022-03-23|
- Ahead of the International Transgender Day of Visibility, and amid the unprecedented political assaults on transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming youth in the United States, Logo announced its MTV Entertainment ...