WINDY CITY TIMES
||Howard Brown names new officers, members
This article shared 1547 times since Tue Sep 24, 2019
Howard Brown Health has appointed six new officers and five new members of its board of directors, as well as the full slate of officers and board members for 2019-20.
Joining the board officers are Austin Baidas, Mark Hawkins, Bethany Pagels-Minor, Chef Fresh Roberson, N. Charles Thomas and Oscar Zambrano. New to the board of directors are Nic Belgrave, Chad Nico Hiu, Jared Lewis, Mike Mazzeo and Eric Schneider.
"All of our board officers and new members have shown considerable commitment to the mission of Howard Brown Health and bring diverse talents, expertise and energy to the table. Our organization, patients, and clients are fortunate to have them by our side as we strengthen our commitment to community health across Chicago," said Howard Brown Health President/CEO David Ernesto Munar in a statement.
This article shared 1547 times since Tue Sep 24, 2019
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|HRC on end of Mpox Public Health Emergency: Today we enter a new phase in a continuing fight 2023-02-01|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) — the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization — marked the end of the Mpox Public ...
|TPAN announces merger with Vivent Health 2023-01-20|
- Local HIV/AIDS organization TPAN announced Jan. 19 that it would be merging with Milwaukee-based Vivent Health. The merger is expected to be finalized by March 1, according to both organizations. Vivent Health, so named in 2019, ...
|One in five older LGBT adults experienced poverty during the COVID-19 pandemic 2023-01-19|
--From a press release - A new report from the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law found that during the COVID-19 pandemic LGBT adults aged 50 and older were more likely to have household incomes below the federal poverty level ...
|GLAAD announces nominees for 34th Annual GLAAD Media Awards 2023-01-18|
--From a press release. Video below - Jan. 18, 2023 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, today announced the nominees for the 34th Annual GLAAD Media Awards. ...
|Asians and Friends holding Chinese New Year dinner on Feb. 4 2023-01-17|
- In a throwback to the days of Hugh Hefner, Asians and Friends Chicago (AFC) will host a Playboy and Playgirl "Bunny"-themed dinner celebrating the Year of the Rabbit, bringing together members of the LGBTQ+ community to ...
|Windy City Gay Chorus, Windy City Treble Quire begin search for artistic directors 2023-01-17|
--From a press release - The Board of Directors for Windy City Performing Arts has started their search for two Artistic Directors for the organization's choruses. Applications are now being accepted in hopes to fill these positions prior to the 2023-2024 season. ...
|Black LGBTQ+ film festival among Chicago NEA grant recipients 2023-01-11|
- The Black Alphabet Film Festivalthe world's oldest Black LGBTQ+-focused event of its kindwas part of the first round of grant recipients from the National Endowment of the Arts (NEA), receiving $20,000. In a press release, Black ...
|Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame calls for nominations 2023-01-10|
--From a news release - The Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame has announced a call for nominations for the 2023 Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame. Those wishing to may nominate individuals, organizations, businesses, or "Friends of the Community," up until April ...
|Howard Brown, union officials dispute allegations around sidewalk incident 2023-01-06|
- As striking Howard Brown Health Workers United (HBH Workers United) members represented by the Illinois Nurses Association (INA) and their allies were picketing outside of the Andersonville Brown Elephant location at 5404 N. Clark St. on ...
|Cherkasov to head Illinois Holocaust Museum 2023-01-06|
-- From a press release - Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center is proud to announce the appointment of national nonprofit leader Bernard Cherkasov as the Museum's Chief Executive Officer. [Cherkasov is gay and has been a longtime advocate for LGBTQ+ rights.] ...
|Howard Brown strike reaches third day 2023-01-05|
- Amid layoffs of 60 unionized and four non-union staffers at multiple Howard Brown Health (Howard Brown), Broadway Youth Center and Brown Elephant locations across Chicago, over 400 HBH Workers United non-nurse members represented by the Illinois ...
|Brave Space Alliance to Illinois General Assembly: Don't back down on trans protections 2023-01-04|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO, IL - January 4, 2023 - Brave Space Alliance (BSA), the South Side LGBTQ+ Center, has been made aware of active discussions to exclude protections for trans people and gender-affirming care from pending legislation that ...
|AFC's World of Chocolate on Feb. 17 2023-01-02|
- After a nearly three-year hiatus, AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) will host the return of its famed World of Chocolate fundraiser on Friday, Feb. 17, at Union Station, 225 S. Canal St. This event features a menu ...
|Howard Brown Health staff prepares for January strike 2022-12-24|
- Illinois Nursing Association (INA) filed an intent-to-strike notice against the Howard Brown Health medical organization on Dec. 23, after negotiations between the two sides have further strained in recent months. ...
|LGBTs nine times more likely than non-LGBTe to be victims of violent hate crimes 2022-12-21|
-- From a Williams Institute press release - About one out of 10 violent victimizations against LGBT people are hate crimes, according to a new study by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law. LGBT people are nine times more likely than non-LGBT ...