WINDY CITY TIMES
||Hilborn wins BizBash poll
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 1208 times since Tue Nov 20, 2012
Jeremy Hilborn, who works with HIV/AIDS agency Chicago House, won the Chicago Readers' Choice Award for Fund-Raising Event Planner of the Year.
In an email to Windy City Times, Hilborn wrote, "I feel honored and humbled to be named the BizBash 2012 Fundraising Event Planner of the Year.
"I'm thankful to the readers who so kindly voted for me, as well as offer my congratulations to all the nominees who do such great work for truly remarkable non-profits in our city. As Chicago House's amazing staff and community supporters continue to fuel our mission, I'm excited to continue my work in creating events that drive awareness and inspire our donors and supporters."
This article shared 1208 times since Tue Nov 20, 2012
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Naper Pride hosts inaugural Pride fest 2021-09-16|
- Naper Pride held its inaugural pride fest event, "Coming Together, One Community—One Naperville," on Sept. 11-12 in Naperville. Incidentally, "Coming Together, One Community—One Naperville" was also Naper Pride's organizational philosoph ...
|OneWheaton to mark 10th Homecoming Weekend on Oct. 8-9 2021-09-15|
- OneWheaton—a group of LGBTQA alumni and students of Wheaton College—will mark its 10th annual Homecoming Weekend with virtual activities on Oct. 8-9. On Oct. 8, at 6 p.m., there will be an LGBTQIA Storytelling Hour. Attendees ...
|Howard Brown hosting Midwest LGBTQ Health Symposium on Sept. 29-30 2021-09-15|
- Howard Brown Health will host its 2021 Midwest LGBTQ Health Symposium in a virtual format Sept. 29-30. The conference, presented by the Howard Brown Health Center for Education, Research and ...
|'Homophile' organization New Gay Liberation Front launches 2021-09-13|
- The New Gay Liberation Frontwhich described itself in a press release as a "homophile organization"has launched. "Homophile" is a term that was used by some gay and lesbian groups in the 1950s. According to the University ...
|NATIONAL Teachers, GLAAD talks HRC, 9/11 items, Dr. Rachel Levine 2021-09-12|
- In North Carolina, a former teacher won a lawsuit against Charlotte Catholic High School and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlotte after he lost his job following an announcement on Facebook that he planned to marry ...
|Chicago neighborhood nonprofits join forces to provide free attorneys 2021-09-07|
- Four Chicago neighborhood nonprofitsLCLC (Lawndale Christian Legal Center), Breakthrough, BUILD (Broader Urban Involvement & Leadership Development) and New Life Centershave formed a partnership to assign free ...
|One in ten LGBT workers experienced discrimination at work in the last year 2021-09-07|
- LGBT employees of color were more likely to report being denied jobs and verbal harassment A new study by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds an estimated 46% of LGBT workers have experienced ...
|HRC fires its president, Alphonso David 2021-09-07|
- On Sept. 6, the national LGBTQ+ organization the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) fired its president, Alphonso David, for advising now-former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) during his sexual-harassment scandal ...
|HRC president refuses to resign, despite co-chairs' reported request 2021-09-06|
- Alphonso David, the president of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), has refused to resign in the midst of controversyeven after the organization's co-chairs reportedly requested that he do so. According to NBC New York, David is ...
|Naper Pride set to host inaugural Pride fest 2021-09-04|
- Naper Pride will hold its inaugural pride fest event, "Coming Together, One CommunityOne Naperville," on Sept. 11-12. Incidentally, "Coming Together, One CommunityOne Naperville" is also Naper Pride's organizational philosophy of ...
|Illinois Holocaust Museum to show LGBTQ+ exhibit starting Oct. 17 2021-09-03|
- Starting Oct. 17, Skokie's Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center will host the exhibit "Rise Up: Stonewall and the LGBTQ Rights Movement," which explores the June 1969 police raid of the Stonewall Inn as the flashpoint ...
|Chicago Pride Parade cancelled 2021-09-01|
--From a press release - The following statement was sent from Pride Chicago on the cancellation of this year's Chicago Pride Parade: We did not want to be sending this letter. Earlier this year, we decided that the parade might have ...
|Mayor Harold Washington centennial event looks at his LGBTQ+ legacy 2021-08-31|
--From a press release - CHICAGO—The LGBTQ legacy of late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (1922-1987) will be discussed as part of a series of events marking his 100th birthday in 2022. This free LGBTQ event will be Wed., Oct. 13, 6-8 ...
|GLAAD releases '2021 State of HIV Stigma' study 2021-08-29|
- GLAAD recently released its second annual State of HIV Stigma Study, a national survey among U.S. adults with the sample supplied by research firm Cint. The survey, funded by Gilead COMPASS Initiative, measures U.S. attitudes toward ...
|Andersonville Chamber of Commerce to present Andersonville Homecoming 2021-08-26|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (August 26, 2021) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce Andersonville Homecoming, a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring live entertainment, local artisans and merchants, food ...