||Hey, I'm that guy!
by Kirk Williamson
This article shared 3462 times since Wed Jan 25, 2006
Boy, that Sarabia's sure got his finger in a number of pies ( and cakes, for that matter ) . Aside from wrangling the prime steer at Man's Country, now you can see his handiwork ( by which I mean smokin' hot strippers ) each Saturday and Sunday at @mosphere. Charlie couldn't be happier!
As we quickly approach 2008, the smoking ban is slowly creeping up on us. Here are a few updates you may need to know if you are carcinogenically-inclined: Big Chicks is now 100% smoke-free, Crew will allow you to puff away only at the main bar and the pool table area, and Funky Buddha is sportin' a state-o'-the-art smoke eating system. Can't we all just get along?
When graysong found the saw on the cover, there was no stopping him. Please enjoy his salute to the mighty Pacific Northwest starring longtime promoter and raconteur David Boyer. See David and the who's-who of Chicago leather at Mr. Chicago Leather 2006, to be held at Touché this Saturday, January 28. Ask David to see his saw, or whatever other heavy equipment he may have on hand.
Finally this week, I, along with all of us here at Nightspots and Windy City Media Group would like to extend our heartfelt and sincere condolences to Miss Angelique Munro on the recent passing of her sweet mother. As you may have heard, she was taken off life support and passed away January 13. She was always so supportive of Angelique's career and life and, having met her, I can say that the world is just a touch dimmer without her light. God bless you, dear!
This article shared 3462 times since Wed Jan 25, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Pride Parade coordinator provides latest on the 'likely scenario' for event 2021-05-08|
- Tim Frye, the coordinator of the 2021 Pride Parade, told Windy City Times that the assessment of this year's event has not changed over the last few weeks. The official statement/assessment at this point is: "We ...
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Nightlines 1990-2001, Nightspots 2001-2015 2020-09-30|
- Throughout the 1990s, Nightlines focused on the LGBTQ entertainment scene, from the bars to the stage and everything in between. With the new millennium came a significant format change as Nightspots focused in on the bar ...
|PASSAGES Former Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster dies at 37 2020-09-27|
- Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster died Sept. 17 unexpectedly at the age of 37. At the time of this article's publication, Sangster's cause of death is unknown. Sangster was born June 4, 1983, on a Jacksonville, North ...
|PASSAGES Gay business owner/nightlife figure Bob Yeaworth dies 2020-09-20|
- Gay business owner and promoter Robert "Bob" Yeaworth died Sept. 14 from complications due to his ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) diagnosis. He was 64. Yeaworth was born Sept. 17, 1955 in Cincinnati, Ohio, ...
|PASSAGES Medusa's owner Dave Shelton passes away 2020-08-19|
- Dave Shelton, a.k.a. Dave "Medusa" Sheltonso named for his trademark frizzy locks "just was different," recalled his good friend of 45 years, Richard Cooke. Shelton was the proprietor of the iconic nightspot Medusa's on Sheffield in ...
|Gerber/Hart fall benefit Sept. 12-13
- The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives fall benefit"Saving LGBTQ History: Archives in a Time of Activism"will take place Sept. 12-13 at the venue, 6500 N. Clark St. On those days, there will be a series of 90-minute ...
|Holocaust Museum's virtual soiree Sept. 2 2020-08-06|
- On Wed., Sept. 2, Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center's Women's Leadership Committee will host its annual soirée virtually. The event will stream live from a studio with a star-studded line-up featuring a musical performance by ...
|Virtual OPALGA+ scholarship gala slated for Oct. 24 2020-08-06|
- OPALGA+/Oak Park Area Lesbian & Gay Association will hold a virtual scholarship gala Saturday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. The event will feature video clips from the organization's scholarship winners, the Founder's Award celebration and opportunities ...
|La Cage aux FUN, opening weekend at A-ville's The Bird Cage 2020-07-22|
- Photos by Joseph Stevens Photography ...
|Survey open for potential Boystown name change 2020-07-21|
- Northalsted Business Alliance is asking for the public to weigh in on the "Boystown" moniker. The Alliance has published a survey asking community members' opinions on the Lake View neighborhood, which was officially designated an "LGBTQ+ ...
|Petition urges Boystown name change 2020-07-08|
- An online petition launched late in June is demanding that the "Boystown" neighborhood designation be changed to a term that is more inclusive of the entire LGBTQ community. The petitionwhich is on Change.org and was authored ...
|Last call for Little Jim's 2020-07-05|
- Longtime Lake View tavern Little Jim's shut its doors July 2. Billing itself as "the original hookup bar," Jim Gates opened Little Jim's in 1975, and it was one of the first gay bars in the Boystown area. Gates sold the ...
Replay closes July 5-6 after employee tests positive 2020-07-05|
- The restaurant Replay Andersonville, 5358 N. Clark St., is closing July 5-6 after owner Mark Liberson posted on Facebook that an employee tested positive for COVID-19. On July 5, Liberson posted, "While this post is not ...