||Hey, I'm That Guy
by Kirk Williamson
This article shared 3210 times since Wed Jun 29, 2005
So I'd wondered where delectable local pornpig Bret Wolfe had been hiding himself. It had been so long since our last, let's call it, run-in that I'd begun to think he'd skipped town to LaLa Land. Such is not the case, as I discovered at North End. There he was, cute a bug's ear. Ever make out with a bug's ear? Surprisingly erotic.
Happy anniversary to Spin, who had a very hush-hush affair this past week. Sailor hats and free drinks. Yo ho. Look for bartender Chris, who if you've ever seen him, you'll know what I'm talking about, on a cover coming soon.
Geno was on the good side of his little mood fence at Cocktail. He was all kisses and hugs. If only he'd known where my mouth had been ( see North End ) . Didn't catch the name of the dancer on the cover, but I think I caught his essence fairly well.
The end is nigh. Catch the finals of Windy City Gay Idol this Saturday at Circuit. A blowout, if history repeats itself. Lots of amazing talent this year. I'm pulling for Samara from Madrigal's. What a little package she is!
And if you're feeling adventurous, the same night also has Maneuvers' Miss Gay Joliet 2005. Heavy is the wig that will take the crown. I personally will be on hand to present fabulous prizes courtesy of none other than Nightspots Magazine. Because at Nightspots, it's all about giving.
This article shared 3210 times since Wed Jun 29, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Pride Parade coordinator provides latest on the 'likely scenario' for event 2021-05-08|
- Tim Frye, the coordinator of the 2021 Pride Parade, told Windy City Times that the assessment of this year's event has not changed over the last few weeks. The official statement/assessment at this point is: "We ...
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Nightlines 1990-2001, Nightspots 2001-2015 2020-09-30|
- Throughout the 1990s, Nightlines focused on the LGBTQ entertainment scene, from the bars to the stage and everything in between. With the new millennium came a significant format change as Nightspots focused in on the bar ...
|PASSAGES Former Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster dies at 37 2020-09-27|
- Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster died Sept. 17 unexpectedly at the age of 37. At the time of this article's publication, Sangster's cause of death is unknown. Sangster was born June 4, 1983, on a Jacksonville, North ...
|PASSAGES Gay business owner/nightlife figure Bob Yeaworth dies 2020-09-20|
- Gay business owner and promoter Robert "Bob" Yeaworth died Sept. 14 from complications due to his ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) diagnosis. He was 64. Yeaworth was born Sept. 17, 1955 in Cincinnati, Ohio, ...
|PASSAGES Medusa's owner Dave Shelton passes away 2020-08-19|
- Dave Shelton, a.k.a. Dave "Medusa" Sheltonso named for his trademark frizzy locks "just was different," recalled his good friend of 45 years, Richard Cooke. Shelton was the proprietor of the iconic nightspot Medusa's on Sheffield in ...
|Gerber/Hart fall benefit Sept. 12-13
- The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives fall benefit"Saving LGBTQ History: Archives in a Time of Activism"will take place Sept. 12-13 at the venue, 6500 N. Clark St. On those days, there will be a series of 90-minute ...
|Holocaust Museum's virtual soiree Sept. 2 2020-08-06|
- On Wed., Sept. 2, Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center's Women's Leadership Committee will host its annual soirée virtually. The event will stream live from a studio with a star-studded line-up featuring a musical performance by ...
|Virtual OPALGA+ scholarship gala slated for Oct. 24 2020-08-06|
- OPALGA+/Oak Park Area Lesbian & Gay Association will hold a virtual scholarship gala Saturday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. The event will feature video clips from the organization's scholarship winners, the Founder's Award celebration and opportunities ...
|La Cage aux FUN, opening weekend at A-ville's The Bird Cage 2020-07-22|
- Photos by Joseph Stevens Photography ...
|Survey open for potential Boystown name change 2020-07-21|
- Northalsted Business Alliance is asking for the public to weigh in on the "Boystown" moniker. The Alliance has published a survey asking community members' opinions on the Lake View neighborhood, which was officially designated an "LGBTQ+ ...
|Petition urges Boystown name change 2020-07-08|
- An online petition launched late in June is demanding that the "Boystown" neighborhood designation be changed to a term that is more inclusive of the entire LGBTQ community. The petitionwhich is on Change.org and was authored ...
|Last call for Little Jim's 2020-07-05|
- Longtime Lake View tavern Little Jim's shut its doors July 2. Billing itself as "the original hookup bar," Jim Gates opened Little Jim's in 1975, and it was one of the first gay bars in the Boystown area. Gates sold the ...
Replay closes July 5-6 after employee tests positive 2020-07-05|
- The restaurant Replay Andersonville, 5358 N. Clark St., is closing July 5-6 after owner Mark Liberson posted on Facebook that an employee tested positive for COVID-19. On July 5, Liberson posted, "While this post is not ...