||Hey, I'm That Guy From the Magazine!
by Kirk Williamson
This article shared 3369 times since Wed May 24, 2006
Let's play a game I like to call 'Jesus Fuck, I'm Tired!'. Here's how—impose upon the northern hemisphere months of dreary cold weather. Once it's freezing and no one goes out or generally associates with one another, bar business begins to drop and, consequently, so does the page count of fag rags. In order to get the best result, it's important that said fag rags get comfortable putting out smaller issues week to week. Routine sets in. After a while, certain editors even consider training a highly skilled chimp to fill in for them as they take a week's vacation. Now here's the really fun part—once this malaise has entrenched itself deeply, spring a weekend on the fag rag so busy that the editor has to go without sleep for a few days JUST to get the next issue out. What a jubilation, eh!
While this is a fun game, you may notice as a result that certain editor's might begin to write columns which are overly long, droning and, more likely than not, of interest to no one but themselves. You take the good, you take the bad...
So, back on Earth, welcome to summertime in the Gay City. And the gayest summer ever! Let us begin with Chicago's annual salute cowhide and cum, International Mr. Leather. Marvel at the array of events open to the public! Be astonished by the assless-chap-wearing slave boys on leashes being led down Wacker Drive! Answer that resounding question, 'Does this sling make my ass look big?'.
Shit, I'm tired.
The events are too numerous to enumerate in this space. Luckily, if you turn to page 54, you'll find everything you need to know about this mind ( and perhaps other region ) blowing weekend in Leather-tasia.
More bearish? Well slap my ass and call me Charlie, because it also happens to be Bear Pride weekend. As a baby bear myself, let me just say for the record ( assuming any of you are paying attention ) that it's great to see some real ( by which I mean fat ) men being sexy and sublime. You are powerless to resist our sweaty charms!
Well cats and catlettes, I'm going to bed. Be safe, have fun and remember to tip your bartenders!
This article shared 3369 times since Wed May 24, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Nightlines 1990-2001, Nightspots 2001-2015 2020-09-30|
- Throughout the 1990s, Nightlines focused on the LGBTQ entertainment scene, from the bars to the stage and everything in between. With the new millennium came a significant format change as Nightspots focused in on the bar ...
|PASSAGES Former Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster dies at 37 2020-09-27|
- Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster died Sept. 17 unexpectedly at the age of 37. At the time of this article's publication, Sangster's cause of death is unknown. Sangster was born June 4, 1983, on a Jacksonville, North ...
|PASSAGES Gay business owner/nightlife figure Bob Yeaworth dies 2020-09-20|
- Gay business owner and promoter Robert "Bob" Yeaworth died Sept. 14 from complications due to his ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) diagnosis. He was 64. Yeaworth was born Sept. 17, 1955 in Cincinnati, Ohio, ...
|PASSAGES Medusa's owner Dave Shelton passes away 2020-08-19|
- Dave Shelton, a.k.a. Dave "Medusa" Sheltonso named for his trademark frizzy locks "just was different," recalled his good friend of 45 years, Richard Cooke. Shelton was the proprietor of the iconic nightspot Medusa's on Sheffield in ...
|Gerber/Hart fall benefit Sept. 12-13
- The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives fall benefit"Saving LGBTQ History: Archives in a Time of Activism"will take place Sept. 12-13 at the venue, 6500 N. Clark St. On those days, there will be a series of 90-minute ...
|Holocaust Museum's virtual soiree Sept. 2 2020-08-06|
- On Wed., Sept. 2, Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center's Women's Leadership Committee will host its annual soirée virtually. The event will stream live from a studio with a star-studded line-up featuring a musical performance by ...
|Virtual OPALGA+ scholarship gala slated for Oct. 24 2020-08-06|
- OPALGA+/Oak Park Area Lesbian & Gay Association will hold a virtual scholarship gala Saturday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. The event will feature video clips from the organization's scholarship winners, the Founder's Award celebration and opportunities ...
|La Cage aux FUN, opening weekend at A-ville's The Bird Cage 2020-07-22|
- Photos by Joseph Stevens Photography ...
|Survey open for potential Boystown name change 2020-07-21|
- Northalsted Business Alliance is asking for the public to weigh in on the "Boystown" moniker. The Alliance has published a survey asking community members' opinions on the Lake View neighborhood, which was officially designated an "LGBTQ+ ...
|Last call for Little Jim's 2020-07-05|
- Longtime Lake View tavern Little Jim's shut its doors July 2. Billing itself as "the original hookup bar," Jim Gates opened Little Jim's in 1975, and it was one of the first gay bars in the Boystown area. Gates sold the ...
Replay closes July 5-6 after employee tests positive 2020-07-05|
- The restaurant Replay Andersonville, 5358 N. Clark St., is closing July 5-6 after owner Mark Liberson posted on Facebook that an employee tested positive for COVID-19. On July 5, Liberson posted, "While this post is not ...
|Pride Fest Chicago goes virtual 2020-06-24|
- Chicago's beloved annual Pride Fest made the move to Twitch for a special Virtual Pride Fest, presented by Northalsted Business Alliance and Gilead Sciences. The virtual fest streamed on the platform over two nights, Saturday, June ...
|'Chicago Is a [Digital] Drag Festival' June 30 2020-06-21|
- The Chicago Is a [Digital] Drag Festivala Brave Space Alliance fundraiser, with Shea Coulee hostingwill take place Tuesday, June 30, at 8 p.m. CT. Just a few of the personalities slated to appear/perform are The Vixen, ...