||Hey, I Am That Guy from the Magazine
by Kirk Williamson
This article shared 3592 times since Wed Sep 14, 2005
This week, I mostly defer to the tireless work of Nightspots photgraphers Mel, Chuck Kramer and Jerry. While I was at home painting vegetables on my kitchen wall and making mashed potatoes, they retrieved some of the hottest pictures this side of the Mason-Dixon.
Mel netted me the caliente cover shot ( that's two weeks in a row, Mel! ) of Mexican Barbie. There she was strutting her independence on stage at Zentra for OTDL. Lipstick & Lace was the same night and the boys and girls played together nicely.
Oh, speaking of Mexican Independence ( and contrived segues ) , celebrate all-Mexican-style at Chesterfield Club all weekend with $3 Tequila shots. When in Rome ( or Guadalajara, as the case may be ) .
Chuck turned out nothing but stunning shots of Continental 2006, held all up and down the town last weekend. See the Spread for winners and wowers from the Mr. and Miss competitions.
I attempted to get pictures of Pepper MaShay at Hydrate, but her 'gay time' was too gay for me and I had to split. Never fear, Mark. I will return for this Friday night's Tracy Young set. She will be spinning to the dizzying lights and thumping crowd as the kick-off to what Mark humbly to as 'the hottest line-up I think I have ever created.' Share the enthusiam!
This article shared 3592 times since Wed Sep 14, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Chicagoans gather for Jackhammer re-opening 2023-01-30|
Photos by Joseph Stevens - Rogers Park leather and fetish bar Jackhammer held its grand re-opening the evening of Jan. 27 after a long renovation process. The longtime North Side watering hole opened in 1999, taking over the space previously occupied ...
|ONYX Midwest forum tackles racist performance at Touche's anniversary party 2023-01-22|
- In a response to the racist performance that took place at the leather, fetish and bear-focused Touche Chicago's 45th anniversary celebration on Nov. 1, 2022, ONYX Midwest hosted a community forum Jan. 21 at The Leather ...
|Touche Chicago's 45th-anniversary celebration marred by racist performance 2022-11-03|
- Racist performance mires Touche Chicago's 45th anniversary celebration By Carrie Maxwell On Nov. 1, the leather, fetish and bear-focused Touche Chicago celebrated its 45th anniversary with a feature performance by ...
|Howard Brown Health's Big Orange Ball has 'Saturday Night Fever' theme 2022-10-27|
- Howard Brown Health's Big Orange Ball was back in-person at Park West on Oct. 22this time with a big (not orange) disco ball. About 300 people brought their Halloween spirit to the event, dressed in costumes ...
|'Martinis That Matter' to honor former TPAN CEO Jeff Berry on Oct. 30 2022-10-19|
- Marty's Martini Bar, 1511 W. Balmoral Ave., presents "Martinis That Matter," a community giving-back program that funds community groups, charities and organizations. Profits from the sales during these events go to the organizations hosting. On Sunda ...
|'Barlesque' launches at Sidetrack 2022-09-03|
- On Sept. 1 at Northalsted/Boystown nightspot Sidetrack, Barlesque kicked off. Nightlife figure Khloe Daniels hosted, introducing this year's bars, performers and choreographers. Barlesque brings Chicago nightlife superstars, local bars and ...
|TPAN bringing back 'Barlesque' starting Sept. 1 2022-08-25|
- Barlesque is back. On Thursday, Sept. 1, at 7 p.m. at Northalsted/Boystown nightspot Sidetrack, 3349 N. Halsted St., Barlesque will kick off. Nightlife figure Khloe Daniels will host introduce this year's bars, performers and choreographers. Attendanc ...
|Touche holds fundraiser for Windy City Times 2022-07-12|
- Leather bar Touche, 6412 N. Clark St., held its regular Friday fundraiser on July 8—and the fortunate recipient this time was Windy City Times. Approximately $200 were raised during this benefit raffle. Touche has been a ...
|Pride Journey: Iceland 2022-03-21|
- The only way to describe Iceland is ... magical. It truly is. Iceland is like no other place I've visited in the world. It's topography, climate, people, culture, history, and nightlife blended together make Iceland a ...
|PASSAGES Jeffrey Wayne ("Jef") Morgan 2022-01-11|
- Jeffrey Wayne "Jef" Morgan, of Chicago's West Rogers Park neighborhood, passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack while shoveling snow on Jan. 2. He was 58. Jef was the well-loved manager at Little Jim's on ...
|'Andersonville Homecoming' Sept. 24-26; line-up, vendors, safety protocols announced 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Sept. 15, 2021) The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce the full entertainment line-up and vendors for Andersonville Homecoming--a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring ...
|Next OUTspoken show Sept. 7 2021-08-24|
- An OUTspoken Storytelling Night taking place Tuesday, Sept. 7, will offer tales told by six people who will relate their stories of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective. The entertainment will start at 7 p.m. ...
|Taste of River North cancelled 2021-07-29|
- On July 29, the River North Residents Association, along with theMART and Duff Entertainment, announced the cancellation of the 2021 edition of Taste of River North. The event was slated to take place Aug. 20-21 at ...
|OUTspoken storytelling to host six takes from LGBTQ+ perspective 2021-07-26|
--From a press release - The month of August is hot - but OUTspoken at the Sidetrack will be even hotter on Aug. 3 when six storytellers will tell tales of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective! The program will start at 7:00 pm at ...
|LGBTQIA+ tavern to open in Uptown this fall 2021-07-14|
- 2Bears Tavern Groupwhich owns and operates Andersonville's The SoFo Tap and Meeting House Tavern as well as Rogers Park's Jackhammeris opening 2Bears Tavern Uptown in the former Nick's on Wilson space at 1140 W. Wilson Ave. ...