WINDY CITY TIMES
||Health/wellness fair Dec. 3 at Center
This article shared 3332 times since Wed Nov 27, 2013
On Tuesday, Dec. 3, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Center on Halsted, 3656 N. Halsted St., will host a community health and resource fair with a focus on healthy living for LGBTQ individuals.
To register for the event and to see a list of vendors, sponsors and demos, visit community.centeronhalsted.org/FeelGoodAtt. For more information about how to become a vendor, call 773-661-0957.
This article shared 3332 times since Wed Nov 27, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Black Incubator and Accelerator (BIA) program to offer support for Black-led organizations 2021-10-12|
- A new program—Black Incubator and Accelerator (BIA)—is offering funding and resources to Black-led organizations that primarily serve Black communities on the South and West Sides. BIA is new this year and run by University of Chicago ...
|Howard Brown's 'Big Orange Ball' on Oct. 23 2021-10-09|
- Howard Brown Health will hold its annual Big Orange Ball virtually Saturday, Oct. 23, 8-9 p.m. The event will then be shown On-Demand through Sunday, Oct. 31, at midnight. This year, people can kick off Halloween ...
|HHS awards $2.21B in FY2021 for HIV care, support services, medication 2021-10-05|
--From a press release - The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), announced approximately $2.21 billion in Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program funding for cities, counties, states, and local community-based organizations in fiscal year ...
|PHIMC to present second Mary F. Morten Award on Nov. 7 2021-10-06|
- Public Health Institute of Metropolitan Chicago (PHIMC) announced Chicago Freedom School as the 2021 recipient of the Mary F. Morten Award for Justice. According to a release, "Chicago Freedom School is being recognized for its vital ...
|AMA panel examines the role of critical race theory in contemporary healthcare 2021-10-05|
- An Oct. 4 online forum hosted by the Chicago-based American Medical Association (AMA) addressed critical race theory (CRT) and its applications for equity in healthcare settings. CRT has achieved notoriety ...
|Illinois HIV Care Connect launches HIV Innovation campaign 2021-10-05|
- On Oct. 5, Illinois HIV Care Connect launched its HIV Innovation web and social-media campaign, showcasing several Illinois HIV initiatives that are helping to prevent or treat HIV more effectively. Articles about five initiatives so far ...
|COVID Connecticut removed from Chicago travel advisory 2021-10-05|
- On Oct. 5, the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) removed one stateConnecticutfrom its weekly COVID-19 travel advisory. The advisory now stands at 47 states and three territories. Although the ...
|Report: Older LGBTQs lack access to healthcare, financial security, caregiving 2021-10-05|
--From a press release - Chicago — LGBTQ older adults across Illinois are struggling to get the healthcare, financial security and caregiving support they desperately need, according to a new report from AARP Illinois and SAGE released today. The disparities, outlined ...
|Out state Sen. Mike Simmons aims to 'prioritize people' in economic, healthcare equity fight 2021-10-04|
- Each week, Illinois state Sen. Mike Simmons' constituents pile into his office to share ideas about how to improve their lives. Through conversations with single mothers raising young children in poverty, residents facing displacement and teenagers ...
|Howard Brown Health to receive $1M from Col. Jennifer Pritzker's TAWANI Foundation 2021-09-28|
--From a press release - (Sept. 28, 2021 - Chicago, IL) Howard Brown Health has received a commitment of $1 million from TAWANI Foundation, including a pledge of $500,000 and a challenge grant of $500,000 to support the expansion of LGBTQ+ ...
|COVID Chicago's latest travel advisory remains the same 2021-09-28|
- The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) did not add or remove any states from its weekly COVID-19 Travel Advisory on Sept. 28. The numbers of states and territories remain at 48 and three, respectively. California ...
|Defend Abortion Access marches/rallies planned across Illinois Oct. 2 2021-09-27|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — A coalition of more than 20 progressive organizations, supporters, and providers of reproductive health care are holding "Defend Abortion Access" events across Illinois on Saturday, October 2, in response to the Texas abortion ban ...
|Black Leadership Advocacy Coalition for Healthcare Funding Equity (BLACHFE) launches 2021-09-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO IL — September 20, 2021 — Eleven African-American-led organizations have united to form the Black Leadership Advocacy Coalition for Healthcare Funding Equity (BLACHFE). The purpose of BLACHFE is to ...
|COVID California, Puerto Rico off Chicago's travel advisory list; others return 2021-09-21|
- On Sept. 22, the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) took one state and one territoryCalifornia and Puerto Ricooff its weekly COVID-19 Travel Advisory, while Connecticut and the District of Columbia returned to the advisory. The ...
|LGBTQ blood donation discrimination assessed, PULSE shootings cited 2021-09-21|
--From a press release - Chicago, Ill. — Last week, Reps. Mike Quigley (IL-05), Val B. Demings (FL-10), Carolyn B. Maloney (NY-12), Adam B. Schiff (CA-28), Barbara Lee (CA-13), and Ritchie Torres (NY-15) received a ...