||Health forum at Jeffery Pub
This article shared 3624 times since Fri May 1, 2009
Brothers Health Collective will present a health forum, "Are Black LGBTs In Health Crisis Mode? Get the facts...," Wed., May 6, at Jeffery Pub, 7041 S. Jeffery, 6-9 p.m.
A special part of the event will involve the presentation of awards to Chicago Department of Public Health Commissioner Dr. Terry Mason and Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Damon Arnold. For more info, call 312-388-0431.
This article shared 3624 times since Fri May 1, 2009
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|PPIA to feature Lauren Underwood on March 5 2021-03-02|
- Planned Parenthood Illinois Action (PPIA) has announced a special Activist University Extra Credit session featuring Congresswoman Lauren Underwood on Friday, March 5, at 5:30 p.m. Kicking off Women's History Month ...
|COVID Lightfoot: Bars, restaurants can be at 50%, stay open until 1 a.m. 2021-03-02|
- On March 2, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced that the city will allow bars and restaurants to boost indoor capacity to 50% and remain open until 1 a.m., The Chicago Tribune reported. Lightfoot also will allow ...
|APA adopts resolution opposing efforts to change people's gender identity 2021-03-02|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON — The American Psychological Association has adopted a resolution opposing efforts to change people's gender identity, citing scientific research showing that such actions may be harmful. The resolution, adopted ...
|United Center vaccination appointments open Thursday for Illinois seniors 2021-03-02|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Beginning Thursday, March 4 at 8:30 a.m., Illinois seniors can schedule their first COVID-19 vaccine appointment at the United Center vaccine site, which will begin to administer a limited number of vaccines on March ...
|Howard Brown Health expands access to medical care of sexual-assault survivors
- Howard Brown Health is now providing access to medical forensic exams and evidence collection for survivors of sexual assault on the North and South sides of Chicago through its In Power program. Together with local rape-crisis ...
|COVID Vaccinations at United Center starting March 10 2021-02-26|
- On Feb. 26, the Biden administration, Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle, Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, and U.S. Sens. Dick Durbin and Tammy Duckworth announced that eligible Illinoisans from every part ...
|Vaccine eligibility opens to Illinoisans with serious medical conditions 2021-02-25|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Building on efforts to equitably distribute the COVID-19 vaccine, Governor Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Health today announced that Illinoisans with serious medical conditions can be vaccinated ...
|Dr. Rachel Levine confirmation hearing today, to be first trans Senate-confirmed appointee 2021-02-25|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — Today Dr. Rachel Levine will testify before the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions about her experience and qualifications to be the next U.S. Assistant Secretary of Health. If moved ...
|One-third of gay, bisexual men who take PrEP discontinue within three years
--From a press release - Familiarity and favorable attitudes towards PrEP have increased over time, though use remains low A new study from the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds a significant increase in familiarity with pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) ...
|Victory Institute condemns Rand Paul attack on
Dr. Rachel Levine, trans youth 2021-02-25|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — Today LGBTQ Victory Institute condemned Senator Rand Paul's transphobic attack on Dr. Rachel Levine during her confirmation hearing before the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. He attacked trans you ...
|COVID Howard Brown Health COO talks vaccine rollout and race 2021-02-18|
- On Feb. 13, Howard Brown Health hosted a citywide vaccination blitz at five community partner locations (New Beginnings Church of Chicago; 6620 S. King Dr.; Trinity United Church of Christ/TUCC; 400 W. 95th St.; Rising Sun ...
|COVID Chicago expands indoor dining capacity
- The city of Chicago plans to reduce indoor dining restrictions for a second consecutive week, allowing bars and restaurants to offer service at either 40% capacity or 50 people, whichever is less, The Chicago Tribune reported. ...
|The Amazon Trail Covid 19 Pioneer 2021-02-13|
- Now that President Biden and Vice President Harris are in office, I've been able to have my first Covid 19 vaccine shot. It was no big deal. I went to our county fairgrounds expecting to be injected through my car window, ...
|CDC establishes school-reopening guidelines
- On Feb. 12, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said that teachers and students should return to the classroom and can do so safelyeven in areas with high rates of viral transmissionif certain mitigation ...
|COVID Pritzker announces expansion of Phase 1B eligibility on Feb. 25
- In light of a steadily increasing federal vaccine supply, Gov. JB Pritzker announced that Illinois is making plans to expand Phase 1B eligibility on Thursday, Feb. 25, to people who have comorbidities and underlying conditions as ...