WINDY CITY TIMES
||HRC Chicago seeks nominations for corporate equality award
This article shared 964 times since Wed Oct 28, 2020
Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Chicago has announced the inaugural HRC Corporate Champion for Equality Award to honor individuals who have made a significant contribution to advancing equality through their workplaces.
Here are the criteria for consideration:
Nominees must be based in the Chicagoland area.
Nominees have made a demonstrable impact on equality at their workplace (for example, creating a new affinity group, spearheading the company's HRC Corporate Equality Index efforts, or creating a welcoming environment for LGBTQ employees) or through workplace-sponsored efforts (for example, volunteering for LGBTQ causes through a corporate ERG).
Nominees may come from any level of leadership for consideration. HRC Chicago is aware that great champions of workplace equality can come from all parts of the company.
We will accept one nominee per company.
The nomination submission we require is a descriptive essay of the contributions that the nominee has made to the community and company (word limit of 400).
The nomination form is at docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUYE92qLWHrzQlAfK6n5cGW4FRf4ia690sVV88pUB5a4JuUQ/viewform. The deadline is Wed., Nov. 18, and the honoree will be informed by Wed, Nov. 25.
This article shared 964 times since Wed Oct 28, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|COVID-19 Queer-led FamilyQ helps distribute masks
- FamilyQ is an LGBTQ-led volunteer effort to support nonprofit organizations and social-justice groups by donating more than 100,000 disposable face masks. Proceeds help provide resources to overlooked and underresourced communities. ...
|AFC holds virtual 'Gala35' celebration 2020-11-23|
- AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) marked 35 years with a virtual "Gala35" celebration and awards ceremony Nov. 19. Among the honorees were Newsweb Corporation Chairperson, Alphawood Foundation President and social-justice activist ...
|33rd Creating Change Conference to go virtual Jan. 28-31 2020-11-19|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC, Nov. 19, 2021….. Thousands of LGBTQ advocates, activists, leaders, and allies will, for the first time ever, gather virtually for the 33rd Creating Change Conference from Jan. 28 through Jan. 31, 2020. The Creating ...
|New guide out for educators, parents advocating for LGBTQ students with disabilities 2020-11-17|
--From a press release - SAN FRANCISCO, CA — Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation released a new resource to help both parents and educators advocate on behalf of LGBTQ students with disabilities. NCLR partnered with HRC Foundation, the National ...
|National Black Justice Coalition welcomes new directors 2020-11-16|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC This week, the National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) announced two new senior level hires, Victoria Kirby York, MPA, and Dr. Kia Darling-Hammond. Their leadership and experience will ...
|Gov. Pritzker, Vanessa Williams to be at AFC's 'Gala35' Nov. 19 2020-11-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) marks its milestone 35th year of service with 'Gala35,' a virtual celebration and fundraiser taking place Thursday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m. The event features an esteemed panel of guest ...
|Advocate Craig Johnson named next board chair of AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- In October, AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC)'s board of directors voted Craig W. Johnson as the next AFC board chair. Craig has served on the board since 2017, and most recently worked as board vice chair and ...
|Equality Illinois' virtual gala on Feb. 6
- Equality Illinois will hold its 30th-anniversary gala virtually on Feb. 6, 2021. Things will kick off with a Champion Happy Hour at 6:30 p.m., followed by the program at 7 p.m. Honorees will include National Center ...
|Jane Fonda, Hillary Clinton attend Personal PAC's virtual luncheon 2020-10-28|
- Actor/Activist Jane Fonda, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Governor JB Pritzker were among those who took place in Personal PAC's Oct. 21 virtual luncheon. The reproductive-rights organization's principal ...
|AIDS Foundation of Chicago's 'Gala35' Nov. 19 2020-10-25|
- AIDS Foundation of Chicago's (AFC's) "Gala35"marking its 35th anniversarywill be a virtual event taking place Thursday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m. Gala35 marks the organization's 35th year of service and will be its premier gatheri ...
|Diversity report: More than 1,000 LGBTQs running for office
- LGBTQ Victory Fund the only national organization dedicated to electing LGBTQ leaders to public officereleased its inaugural "Out on the Trail" report, which details the diversity of LGBTQ candidates who ran for office in 2020. At ...
|Restaurant employee relief fund now open
- Executives at the Illinois Restaurant Association (IRA) announced the opening of online applications for the Illinois Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (IRAEF) Restaurant Employee Relief Fund. This ...
|TPAN names Colleen O'Neill as its new CEO
- TPAN has announced the hiring of Colleen O'Neill as its new CEO to assist in empowering the organization to continue to provide care and far-reaching education to people affected by HIV/AIDS, hepatitis and all related issues, ...
|Matthew-Lee Erlbach talks Be An #ArtsHero, career, other endeavors 2020-10-14|
- Writer, actor and filmmaker Matthew-Lee Erlbach is on a mission to get financial relief to the many arts workers and institutions impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Erlbach is calling on U.S. senators to sponsor the DAWN ...
Equality Illinois distributes $115,000+ in COVID relief grants to LGBTQs 2020-10-13|
--From a press release - Equality Illinois, the state's civil rights organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer people; through a grant the Illinois COVID Response Fund (ICRF) and community organizations, has awarded over $115,000 in COVID relief grants ...