WINDY CITY TIMES
||HBHC to hold Halloween ball Oct. 24
by Matt Simonette
This article shared 2023 times since Sun Oct 18, 2015
Howard Brown Health Center ( HBHC ) will find its Halloween-spirit a week early when it holds its first Big Orange Ball Oct. 24.
The event will take place from 6-11 p.m. at The Geraghty, 2520 S. Hoyne Ave.
HBHC encourages all guests to arrive in their spookiest attireor assemble an ensemble from a costume closet that will be on hand thanks to HBHC's Brown Elephant resale shop. They'll also be able to enjoy specialty cocktails and food, as well as dancing. The proceeds will benefit HBHC's medical care and community initiatives for adults and youth.
"This is really our big splash back onto the event scene," said HBHC Development Manager Lisa Yelton, adding that HBHC has not held an event of this scope for several years. "We're sending a message, that we're back, with this. We have a lot to celebrate this year, being named a Federally Qualified Health Center or our new clinic in Rogers Park."
HBHC will also provide a shuttle to and from the party, leaving and returning from Roscoe's Tavern on Halsted Street. For more information, and for tickets, visit howardbrown.org .
This article shared 2023 times since Sun Oct 18, 2015
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Cost-free breast-health testing offered to hospitality workers
- The Illinois Restaurant Association announced a new partnership with A Silver Lining Foundation to provide uninsured hospitality employees with respectful and equal access to cost-free breast-health testing through a network ...
|WORLD Poland march, Google's donation, Ireland incidents, True Colors 2021-06-20|
- In Poland, thousands marched through central Warsaw on June 19 in an "Equality Parade" demanding an end to discrimination against the LGBT communityamid what campaigners said has been a rising tide of homophobia in the country ...
|HIV/AIDS AFC, Getting to Zero award $350K in grants
- AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) joined Getting to Zero Illinois (GTZ-IL) in announcing the grant recipients for the first-ever Getting to Zero Illinois Community Grant Program—a pool of grants totaling $350,000. ...
|Report: Major corporations celebrating Pride month also funding Fox' anti-LGBTQ+ programming 2021-06-18|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC — According to a new report from Media Matters for America, a nonprofit media watchdog, major corporations that are publicly celebrating LGBTQ+ Pride Month are also simultaneously advertising on Fox News, funding the network's ...
|Morten Group celebrates 20th anniversary with "Forging Innovation in Racial Equity (FIRE) Grant" 2021-06-18|
--From a press release - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — Applications are now open for Morten Group, LLC's Forging Innovation in Racial Equity (FIRE) Grant and will close at 12midnight CST on March 15, 2021. Eligible 501(c)3 entities are based in the ...
|Queer Berwyn Collective holds march, rally 2021-06-11|
- On June 8, the Queer Berwyn Collective held a march and rally. According to a pre-event press release, the group discussed "why Ald. [Scott] Lennon's exclusionary flags that call June 'Gay' Pride Month are problematic," adding ...
|Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame seeks members for selection committee 2021-06-10|
- The Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame, celebrating its 30th anniversary, invited the LGBTQ+ community to nominate individuals, organizations, businesses, and allies for the 2021 Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame and the response was tremendous. The Chicago ...
|Wade to receive Field Foundation leadership grant 2021-06-10|
- Activist LaSaia Wade, who founded the LGBTQ-centered advocacy Brave Space Alliance (BSA), and is currently its executive director, has been named one of Chicago-based Field Foundation's 2021 Leaders for a New Chicago cohort. The distinction, f ...
|Pritzker Military Museum to hold panel on Department of Defense and transgender employees 2021-06-10|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, June 8, 2021 — The Pritzker Military Museum & Library is proud to present a panel discussion, "Exploring the Intersection of the U.S. Military and the LGBTQ Community," on Wednesday, June 23rd at Noon CDT ...
|New Broadway Youth Center being readied for 2021 opening 2021-06-10|
- Work continues on Howard Brown Health's (Howard Brown) new 20,000 square-foot Broadway Youth Center (BYC) facility at 1053 W. Irving Park Rd. BYC has spent years looking for a permanent home. After launching in Lake View, ...
|Howard Brown Health looks ahead to post-pandemic Chicago 2021-06-10|
- As more Chicagoans get vaccinated against the COVID-19 infection, officials at Howard Brown Health (Howard Brown) are preparing their responses to a health landscape that will likely be much different from what it was before the ...
|Pritzker Military Museum hosting June 23 Pride panel 2021-06-09|
- Chicago's Pritzker Military Museum & Library is presenting a panel discussion, "Exploring the Intersection of the U.S. Military and the LGBTQ Community," on Wed., June 23, at noon CT in celebration of Pride Month. The virtual ...
|Howard Brown Health announces first Fellowship Class of Future Public Leaders Program 2021-06-09|
--From a Howard Brown Health press release - (Chicago, Ill., June 7, 2021) - Howard Brown Health is honored to announce the first six fellows to receive paid internships as part of the Gregory Shapen Public Health Fellowship Endowment Fund. The program was established ...
|Lambda Literary Award winners announced 2021-06-09|
- On June 1, Lambda Literary announced the winners of its 33rd Annual Lambda Literary Awards. The winners were selected by a panel of more than 60 literary professionals from more than 1,000 book submissions from more ...
|Illinois Holocaust Museum Panel Discussion: Pride in the time of COVID-19 2021-06-07|
--From a press release - The global pandemic has been a roadblock to traditions and celebrations for consecutive years. Since the 1970s, the last Sunday in June was an opportunity for thousands of LGBTQ+ individuals to celebrate their individuality, to be ...