||Groups Launch 'Sexy' HIV Site
by Andrew Davis
This article shared 4186 times since Fri Sep 1, 2006
Gay Men's Health Crisis ( GMHC ) and AIDS Project Los Angeles ( APLA ) announced the launch of mysexycity.com, an effort to reach young gay and bisexual men, 31 percent of whom are estimated to be living with HIV in the United States, according to an APLA release.
The interactive Internet-based tool will engage visitors in true-to-life situations in which they will make virtual decisions on behalf of a cast of animated characters while it delivers information about HIV transmission, sexually-transmitted infections, substance use, coming out and relationships.
Developed as part of the ongoing collaboration between GMHC and APLA, mysexycity.com aims to promote positive health messages, along with sexual self-awareness and exploration to its primary target audience of gay and bisexual men of color between the ages of 18 and 29 as well as other young men who have sex with men. In addition to the animated interactive scenarios, the site's features include online surveys, and links to resources and referral information.
This article shared 4186 times since Fri Sep 1, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Sen. Baldwin, colleagues applaud confirmation of Global AIDS Coordinator, push for global LGBTQI+ rights 2022-07-02|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Sen.Tammy Baldwin joined her colleagues in congratulating John Nkengasong on his recent confirmation as U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator. The lawmakers also urged Ambassador Nkengasong to ensure ...
|Out at CHM: Panelists discuss HIV/AIDS' continued impact on dance community 2022-06-25|
- The Chicago History Museum (CHM) hosted a June 23 panel with doctors and dancers who shared their experiences with the HIV/AIDS epidemic as well as ideas for continuing to address the disease today. Following the discussion, ...
|CDC reminds people that National HIV Testing Day is June 27 2022-06-24|
-- From a press release - June 27 is National HIV Testing Day (NHTD), a day to emphasize the importance of HIV testing and make sure everyone knows their status so they can take steps to improve their health, regardless of the ...
|100 HIV groups call on Congress to fund Biden's National PrEP Program 2022-06-16|
-- From a press release - (New York City, NY) Wednesday, June 15, 2022—PrEP4All, Inc., along with 100 HIV organizations, are leading the push for Congress to fund a National Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Program that would ...
|TPAN to host Closing Ceremony for Ride For Life Chicago June 19 2022-06-15|
-- From a press release - Chicago, IL—TPAN will host the Closing Ceremony of the Ride For Life Chicago on Sunday, June 19 at Foster Beach from noon-5pm. Cyclists will complete their 200-, 100-, and 50-mile rides to converge at the beach ...
|Governor signs bills expanding access to HIV- and AIDS-related care and prevention 2022-06-14|
-- From a press release - Chicago—Governor JB Pritzker signed HB4430 and HB5549 into law today, removing barriers to access for HIV and AIDS care and prevention. HB4430 allows pharmacists to dispense both pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis drugs (PrEP and PEP) without ...
|AIDS Run & Walk Chicago to now take place Oct. 2 2022-06-08|
- The 31st Annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago will now take place on Sunday, October 2. The annual event helps raise awareness and funds for individuals who are living with or vulnerable to HIV/AIDS across Chicagoland. ...
|Community and politicians gather to open the AIDS Memorial Garden 2022-06-02|
- Chicagoans gathered at the lakefront the morning of June 2 for the ribbon-cutting and grand opening of the city's long-awaited AIDS Memorial Garden. "There are so many ones who have passed who have come to witness ...
|amfAR gala is highlight of Cannes Film Festival, raises $19M 2022-05-28|
- The amfAR gala, the highlight of the famed Cannes Film Festival, returned as a glamorous in-person event May 26 at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes, France, according to a press release. amfAR, The Foundation for ...
|Howard Brown Health unveils Pride mural at Walsh Park 2022-05-26|
- On May 25, Howard Brown Health unveiled a mural celebrating Pride month, in collaboration with local artist David Anthony Geary. The unveiling took place at Walsh Park, 1722 N. Ashland Ave. Wintrust Bank's ongoing community partnership ...
|CDC publishes new HIV surveillance reports 2022-05-24|
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published a new HIV surveillance report: Diagnoses of HIV Infection in the United States and Dependent Areas, 2020; and a new HIV supplemental surveillance report: Monitoring Selected National ...
|HIV/AIDS activist Rae Lewis-Thornton on her new memoir, 'Unprotected' 2022-05-18|
- Emmy-winning HIV/AIDS activist, author, minister, political organizer, motivational speaker, life coach, jewelry designer and social media figure Rae Clara Lewis-Thornton's recently released book, Unprotected: A Memoir, is already a pre-release ...
|PASSAGES Dr. David Ostrow dies at 74 2022-05-14|
- Longtime researcher Dr. David Gene Ostrow, of Chicago, died unexpectedly on Feb. 16 at home. He was 74. The cause of death was end-stage renal disease, according to the Tribute Archive website. Ostrow was born on ...
|Running squad 'Team to End AIDS' calls for participants to raise funds 2022-05-10|
-- From a press release - (Chicago, IL) Over the last 19 years, TEAM TO ENDS AIDS (T2)—the only HIV charity fundraising marathon team in the Midwest—has raised more than $13 million for HIV/AIDS awareness and direct support for those living with ...
|Book-signing for HIV/AIDS activist's 'Unprotected: A Memoir' on May 21 2022-05-05|
-- From a press release - "I had been torn apart by the doings of others and blamed myself for surviving to the best of my ability. It would literally take decades for me to understand that I was the product of what happened to me." Emmy ...