WINDY CITY TIMES
||'Goshen' at Water Tower Place on May 22-31
This article shared 1725 times since Sat Jan 25, 2020
Broadway In Chicago, Deeply Rooted Dance Theater and Quiet Water Entertainment announced that Goshenfeaturing dancers and singers performing to music by Grammy winner Donald Lawrencewill play Broadway In Chicago's Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place, 175 E. Chestnut St., on May 22-31.
The production brings together Lawrence and members of The Tri-City Singers, rapper Sir The Baptist, poet J. Ivy and choirmaster Zeke Locke with Chicago's Deeply Rooted Dance Theater for a collaboration of gospel music, song, dramatic narrative and dance-theater rooted in African-American traditions.
Deeply Rooted Co-Founder and Creative Director Kevin Iega Jeff is the director and co-choreographer. Additional Deeply Rooted choreographers include Artistic Director Nicole Clarke-Springer, Associate Artistic Director Gary Abbott and artistic team member/rehearsal director Joshua L. Ishmon, joined by South African choreographer Tshediso Kabulu.
Tickets are available now for groups of 10 or more by calling Broadway In Chicago Group Sales at 312-977-1710 or emailing GroupSales@BroadwayInChicago.com . Individual tickets for Goshen will go on sale at a later date. Also, see BroadwayInChicago.com .
This article shared 1725 times since Sat Jan 25, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Virtual OUTspoken storytelling event Feb. 2
- The next virtual OUTspoken Storytelling Night will take place Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. The speakers will be as follows: Donald Bell is a third-generation Chicagoan, South Sider and White Sox fan who is a retired ...
|'Dixie's Happy Hour' streaming Jan. 26-31
- On the heels of Dixie's Tupperware Party and Dixie's: Never Wear a Tube Top While Riding a Mechanical Bull (and 16 other things I learned while I was drinking last Thursday), drag personality Dixie Longate is ...
|Hell in a Handbag Productions to present
Out, Darn Spot! 2021-01-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Jan. 15, 2021) — Hell in a Handbag Productions is pleased to present the campy comedyOut, Darn Spot!, written by and starring ensemble member Tyler Anthony Smith* and directed, filmed and edited by Stephanie Shaw. ...
|Artemisia Theatre announces entirely virtual 2021 season 2021-01-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO - In order to continue its strong feminist story-telling tradition, Artemisia Theatre announces an entirely virtual 2021 season. The new season includes two World Premiere theater productions and eight audio performances airing on its podcast ...
|SHOWBIZ Laverne Cox, lesbian coach, Jim Parsons, 'Brokeback,' theater items 2021-01-11|
- Laverne Cox is teaming with Meryl Streep and Rashida Jones to executive-produce a new documentary exploring one of the most critical issues at the intersection of race, feminism, and power: the sex industry, out.com noted. Sell/Buy/Date ...
|African American Arts Alliance, Black Ensemble to present MLK event Jan. 18
- The African American Arts Alliance of Chicago and Black Ensemble Theater will present the 10th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration on Monday, Jan. 18, at 6 p.m. The online event will be free. This ...
|Rip Nelson Holiday Quarantine Special extended through Jan. 17 2021-01-06|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Jan. 4, 2021) — Hell in a Handbag Productions is pleased to announce one additional week of performances of its streaming holiday hit The Rip Nelson Holiday Quarantine Special, now playing through Jan. 17, 2021. ...
|Hell in a Handbag announces annual benefit, "The Morning After" 2020-12-23|
- CHICAGO (Dec. 17, 2020) — Hell in a Handbag Productions is pleased to announce its annual benefit "The Morning After," featuring the streaming world premiere of the smash hit musical that started it all for them, ...
|PrideArts to screen one-night-only live virtual readings 2020-12-21|
--From a press release - PrideArts series of one-night-only live virtual readings resumes with TWELFTH NIGHT on the Twelfth of January Peter Vamvakas to direct a cast of seven Click here for a Word doc version of this release CHICAGO — ...
|Bechdel Fest 8 to highlight femme, female-identifying, non-binary, trans, queer actors 2020-12-21|
- Broken Nose Theatre (BNT) will present Bechdel Fest 8: Realign—the company’s annual festival of new short plays featuring an ensemble of femme, female-identifying, non-binary, trans and queer actors talking about things other than men.
|OUTSpoken: LGBTQ storytelling event Jan. 5 on Zoom 2020-12-16|
- Another OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Jan. 5, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. The ...
|Pegasus holding Young Playwrights Festival Jan. 7-31 2020-12-10|
- On Jan. 7-31, Pegasus Theatre Chicago is presenting the 34th Young Playwrights Festival (YPF), which selects winning high school-age scribes to apprentice with theater professionals to workshop and produce their ...
|THEATER About Face airing festival with Black LGBTQ+ artists
- About Face Theatre is launching its 25th season with Kickbackan online festival of 10 newly commissioned short plays and performances by Black LGBTQ+ artists, inspired by the Rebuild Foundation's collections at the Stony Island Arts Bank. ...
|Black Ensemble Theater's 'Holiday' event Dec. 18-25 2020-12-03|
- The Black Ensemble Theater is celebrating the 2020 holiday season with The Black Ensemble Virtual Holiday Extravaganza, written and directed by Producing Managing Director Daryl D. Brooks. Filmed from the performers' homes and the theater, the ...
|Billy Masters 2020-11-30|
- "Will you issue pardons before leaving office? Will you be issuing a pardon for yourself?"—A reporter asked El Presidente this question after the traditional pardoning of the Thanksgiving turkeys. And by turkey, we don't mean anyone ...