WINDY CITY TIMES
||Glenwood Avenue Arts Fest on Aug. 18-19
This article shared 999 times since Wed Aug 15, 2018
The Glenwood Avenue Arts Fest (GAAF)a free weekend-long event, drawing approximately 15,000 visitors and celebrating its 17th yearwill take place Aug. 18-19 at at 6900—7030 N. Glenwood Ave. (between Farwell and Greenview avenues), 1335-1449 W. Morse Ave., and the 1400 block of Lunt Avenue.
The fest will include a street art fair with more than 100 artist-vendors, and live entertainment on three outdoor stages featuring more than 30 acts. Guests can experience art, theater, music, as well as food and drink, at the Rogers Park event.
For more information, visit GlenwoodAve.org .
This article shared 999 times since Wed Aug 15, 2018
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Chicago musician, producer and DJ Don Crescendo killed in Avondale stabbing 2023-09-20|
- Chicago's LGBTQ+ nightlife community and allies have rallied around the family and close friends of local longtime musician, producer and DJ Rodney Donovan Taylor, a.k.a. Don Crescendo, in the wake of his death by stabbing last ...
|19th annual Andersonville Arts Weekend Sept. 29 - Oct. 1 2023-09-20|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (September 18, 2023) The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to welcome back its 19tn annual Andersonville Arts Weekend, with the neighborhood transformed into a "walkable art gallery" ...
|National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts Raices Gala hosts Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ricky Martin 2023-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, Illinois (September 15, 2023) — The National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts & Culture released photos and video from its 10th Raices Gala, where Lin-Manuel Miranda bestowed the National Ceiba Award on international superstar ...
|THEATER Jim Henson production in Chicago on Nov. 14-Dec. 31 2023-09-12|
- A live theatrical adaptation of Jim Henson's Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas is making its Chicago debut Nov. 14-Dec. 31, at the Studebaker Theater at the historic Fine Arts Building, 410 S. Michigan Ave., Broadway World revealed. ...
|'Saltburn,' 'Rustin' to be shown at Chicago International Film Festival 2023-09-06|
- The 59th Chicago International Film Festival announced select highlights of this year's festival, running Oct. 11-22. Films will be presented at venues throughout the city, including the AMC NEWCITY 14, the Music Box Theatre, the Gene ...
|Halpern's multimedia 'self-portraiture on steroids' opens in West Loop 2023-09-01|
- A pink and purple tapestry was mounted on the wall of a DIY punk practice space in the West Loop on Aug. 26, covered in hand-sewn embroidery floss and rhinestones. The digitally woven piece depicted a ...
|Ricky Martin to be guest at Sept. 14 gala in Chicago 2023-08-31|
- Singer/actor Ricky Martin will be the guest of honor at a fundraiser for the National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts and Culture. The 10th Raices Gala will take place at Galleria Marchetti, ...
|African American Arts Alliance of Chicago names new president for first time in 25 years 2023-08-21|
--From a press release - CHICAGOThe nonprofit African American Arts Alliance of Chicago announced Charlique C. Rolle as its new board president, effective immediately. Rolle is the first new president in the Alliance's 26-year history ...
|Center on Halsted's Jenny Urban trains a new generation of chefs 2023-07-28|
- Recently, Windy City Times chatted with Chicago chef Jenny Urban, the Director of Culinary Arts at Center on Halsted. Urban has been in the Chicago restaurant scene for more than a decade, and they've recently brought ...
|Black queer artists wrestle with questions around identity 2023-07-16|
- A group of Black queer artists spoke on July 8 about the continuously-shifting experiencesand perceptions of identitywithin LGBTQ+ communities of color at the South Side Community Arts Center, 3831 S. Michigan Ave. The panel, "The New ...
|The Sarah Siddons Society to offer ten professional development grants for theater artists 2023-07-11|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (July 11, 2023) — The Sarah Siddons Society is proud to expand on its mission to further support the professional growth of the next generation of Chicago area theatre artists. This year is the inaugural ...
|Chicago's Fine Arts Building hosts 125th anniversary celebration Oct. 13 2023-07-07|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (July 7, 2023)Chicago's historic Fine Arts Building (410 S. Michigan Avenue) celebrates its 125th anniversary with a major public event on Friday, October 13 from 5-9 p.m. that activates all ten floors of this Chicago ...
|Pride North returns to Rogers Park 2023-06-26|
- North Siders and other community members headed to Rogers Park for the neighborhood's Pride North celebration, which takes place each year in the Glenwood Avenue Arts Corridor over the course of Pride Weekend. Photos by Joseph ...
|Bezalel's photography exhibition captures the humanity of Argyle Night Market 2023-06-19|
- Ronit Bezalel's first solo exhibition captures the humanity of Uptown's Argyle Night Market By Jess Savage Ronit Bezalel photographed only faces to capture her subjects' humanity in a single moment. Her first solo show, "Faces of ...
|PASSAGES Artist Stash Kybartas 2023-06-17|
- Stashu Kybartas, a video artist who also worked in installation and performance art, passed away May 17 at his home in Chicago. Robert Colucci, his husband of 48 years, was with him at the time of ...