||Gerber/Hart will be closed to the public until March 31
This article shared 1380 times since Mon Mar 16, 2020
In support of efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19, Gerber/Hart will be closed to the public until March 31.
Upcoming programs will be postponed or canceled:
The March 25 Disappeared: Chicago's Lost Lesbian Bars film screening and panel discussion has been postponed.
The March 24 game night has been canceled.
The April 18 exhibit opening program for the Q: Activism at the Margins, has been postponed. The exhibit will still open in April.
During this period of time, checked-out items can be returned in the book return box on the first floor in Walgreens during their open hours ( Mon-Thu 9 a.m.-8 p.m., Fri 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sat 9 a.m.-3 p.m. ). Items can be renewed by sending an email to email@example.com .
Gerber/Hart shares a building with Howard Brown Health. To ensure the safety of its patients, clients, staff, and others who use the building, Howard Brown Health has instituted measures for people experiencing flu-like symptoms or believing they have been exposed to COVID-19. See howardbrown.org/coronavirus-faq/ .
Updates regarding Gerber/Hart will be posted at gerberhart.org or can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
For information on COVID-19 in Chicago and measures and guidance to respond to it go to the Chicago Department of Public Health: www.chicago.gov/coronavirus .
—From a press release
This article shared 1380 times since Mon Mar 16, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|How Coming Out in the 1970s Helped Me Make Brave, Life-changing Decisions 2022-06-25|
By Edith Forbes, author of Tracking A Shadow: My Lived Experiment With MS - As a child growing up in Wyoming in the 1960's, I did not know any actual person who was gay. I knew exactly one fact about gay people, a fact universally accepted but never talked about: Gay people were strange. Even ...
|Five Worth Finding: WNDR Museum, Prince, queer books, flowers 2022-06-16|
- WNDR Museum's Pride event "Crafting with Queens": The West Loop museum is usually entertainment and, um, wondrous enough on its ownbut during Pride Month, WNDR is queering things up with "Crafting with Queens" on Tuesday, ...
|Northwestern University Libraries and Center for Applied Transgender Studies launch trans studies journal 2022-06-16|
- Northwestern University Libraries (NUL) and the Center for Applied Transgender Studies (CATS) are now publishing the Bulletin of Applied Transgender Studies. The Bulletin of Applied Transgender Studies (BATS)the first journal ...
|Catholic publisher cancels Chicago theologian's 'Queer God de Amor' book 2022-06-13|
- On June 9, New Ways Ministry received the following statement by Miguel Diaz, a former U.S. Ambassador to the Holy See and the John Courtney Murray, S.J., University Chair in Public Service at Loyola University Chicago. ...
|34th annual Lambda Literary award winners announced 2022-06-13|
-- From a press release - New York, NY, June 11, 2022 — Lambda Literary, the nation's premier LGBTQ literary organization, announced the winners of the 34th Annual Lambda Literary Awards (a.k.a. the "Lammys") at a live virtual award ceremony hosted by ...
|TRAVEL Descanso is Palm Springs newest gay resort 2022-06-08|
- Descanso is the first resort for gay men to open in Palm Springs in more than 10 years, and "The response has been beyond expectations," said general manager Kent Taylor. Weekends are already booked through June, ...
|BOOKS Artist Sam Kirk talks 'The Meaning of Pride' 2022-06-08|
- In the children's book The Meaning of Pride, Rosiee Thor pens an ode to LGBTQ+ culture and identity by celebrating the beauty, significance and many dimensions of the concept of Pride—and showing that the word can ...
|Gerber/Hart unveils Pride Month events with 'Drag,' 'Bad Gays,' sneak peek 2022-05-30|
- Gerber/Hart Library has revealed the events it will host for Pride Month. On Saturday, June 4, at 3 p.m., Gerber/Hart will celebrate the release of Legends of Drag: Queens of a Certain Age with Unabridged Books ...
|SHOWBIZ Laverne Cox, PBS special, Ricky Martin, queer books/authors 2022-05-29|
- Nouveau Productions and PBS announced a new collaboration for Pride Month, per a press release. The special True Colors: LGBTQ+ Our Stories, Our Songs will offer a unique look at the history of the LGBTQ+ community ...
|State Farm drops GenderCool Project; Illinois General Assembly LGBTQ Caucus, Equality Illinois respond 2022-05-26|
- This week in response to an outcry from a hateful few, Illinois-based insurer State Farm dropped their support for The GenderCool Project, which provides LGBTQ-affirming books to schools across the country on a voluntary basis. We ...
|Actor/model David Pevsner challenges age and body stereotypes in recent book 2022-05-24|
- When writing his recent bookDamn Shame: Desire, Defiance and Show Tunesactor/model/filmmaker David Pevsner noticed three themes coming to the fore: body shame, sexuality and ageism. "All three of those are ...
|Gayla Turner talks new book uncovering her grandmother's secret queer identity 2022-05-23|
- In Gayla Turner's debut book, Don't You Dare: Uncovering Lost Love (BookBaby, May 24), she reveals her Grandmother Ruby's (1896-1977) century-old secret queer identity that she hid from the wider world. This revelation became c ...
|HIV/AIDS activist Rae Lewis-Thornton on her new memoir, 'Unprotected' 2022-05-18|
- Emmy-winning HIV/AIDS activist, author, minister, political organizer, motivational speaker, life coach, jewelry designer and social media figure Rae Clara Lewis-Thornton's recently released book, Unprotected: A Memoir, is already a pre-release ...
|TV Writer Joel Kim Booster, director Andrew Ahn take a trip to 'Fire Island' 2022-05-15|
- Based on the classic Jane Austen book Pride and Prejudice, the new Fox Searchlight film Fire Island has an important story to tell LGBTQ+ audiences specifically. In that story, there are plenty of laughs along the ...
|BOOKS 'Tinderbox' author to appear in Palatine on June 14 2022-05-13|
- Author Robert Fieseler will discuss his debut book—Tinderbox: The Untold Story of the Up Stairs Lounge Fire and the Rise of Gay Liberation—on Tuesday, June 14, at 7 p.m. at Palatine's Cutting Hall Performing Arts Center, ...