WINDY CITY TIMES
||Gay couple removed after Ivanka Trump confrontation
This article shared 277 times since Thu Dec 22, 2016
At New York City's JFK International Airport, a gay man verbally confronted soon-to-be First Daughter Ivanka Trump, 35, on a JetBlue airplane before he and his husband were removed from it.
"Your father is ruining the country," attorney Dan Goldstein ( traveling with husband, college professor Matthew Lasner ) said to Trump. The oldest daughter of President-Elect Donald Trump allegedly did not respond.
In a statement, JetBlue said, "If the crew determines that a customer is causing conflict on the aircraft, the customer will be asked to deplane, especially if the crew feels the situation runs the risk of escalation during flight. In this instance, our team worked to re-accommodate the party on the next available flight."
Since the incident, Trump supports have expressed their displeasure with Goldstein. An item that some of the backers have posted reads, "What is wrong with you? You never attack a Woman, especially when she is with her children! You two pu—y's [sic] owe her an apology!" Some are also calling for Hunter College to fire Lasner, who is a professor at the institution.
This article shared 277 times since Thu Dec 22, 2016
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Human Rights Campaign Foundation releases new data on the LGBTQ+ wage gap 2022-01-19|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON — Today, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, released ...
|Human Rights Campaign celebrates advances in LGBTQ+ policies one year into Biden-Harris administration 2022-01-19|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC — One day before the one year anniversary of the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) celebrates the advances that have been made in LGBTQ+ ...
|LGBTQ+-rights activist Jim Obergefell announces political run 2022-01-18|
- Jim Obergefell—the LGBTQ+-rights activist and named plaintiff in the Supreme Court case that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide—announced Jan. 18 that he is launching a bid for the Ohio state House, CNN.com reported. "I took a history-ma ...
|Chief Judge Evans responds to Mayor Lightfoot's request on electronic monitoring 2022-01-18|
-- Press release from Office of the Chief Judge Cook County Circuit Court - Chief Judge Timothy C. Evans responded Jan. 19 to Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot's request for a moratorium on use of electronic monitoring for defendants accused of certain violent crimes by pointing out the national and state ...
|Two join races for state office, Personal PAC comments on threats to reproductive rights 2022-01-18|
-- From a Personal PAC press release - Chicago, IL — Today, following the news that anti-choice extremists Richard Irvin and Avery Bourne would run as Republicans for governor and Lieutenant Governor of Illinois, Personal PAC President and CEO Terry Cosgrove released the following ...
|COVID Mayor Lightfoot ends isolation 2022-01-18|
- Five days after testing positive for COVID-19, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said she is out of isolation, per CBS Chicago. "Thank you to everyone who has reached out to me and sent their well wishes. I am ...
|Aurora mayor joins crowded GOP field in race for governor 2022-01-18|
- Aurora Mayor Richard Irvin announced his candidacy for governor of Illinois on Jan. 17, joining a slew of Republicans hoping to challenge Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker in November, NBC Chicago reported. Irvin, a Black Republican and ...
|WORLD Archbishop demoted, Israel ruling, Denmark petition, tennis icon 2022-01-16|
- Pope Francis demoted Archbishop Giacomo Morandi, the number-two official in the doctrine office, due to the belief that he is responsible for the controversial document that bars blessings for same-sex couples, according to Newsweek. Morandi is ...
|NATIONAL Lambda Legal, Penn. city's change, couple on the run, Bayard Rustin 2022-01-16|
- Lambda Legal filed a complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) against the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Society, Inc. on behalf of a former employee who was fired after they and other Dallas Arboretum ...
|National LGBTQ Task Force Action Fund ED urges action on voting rights 2022-01-14|
-- From a press release - "The National LGBTQ Task Force Action Fund urges the U.S. Senate to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act. Voting rights are a cornerstone of our democratic process and ...
|POLITICS Laura Ricketts co-chairing Valencia's finance committee 2022-01-13|
- Laura Rickettsa co-owner of the Chicago Cubs, along with her family, and a leader in the LGBTQ+ communityis co-chairing the finance committee of Illinois secretary of state candidate Anna Valencia, according to the Politico Illinois Playbook. ...
|Martwick: Dept on Aging seeking nominees for Senior Hall of Fame 2022-01-12|
- Illinois state Sen. Robert Martwick (D-Chicago) announced the Illinois Department on Aging is seeking nominations for the Senior Illinoisan Hall of Fame. "Many of our senior citizen neighbors have put incredible amounts of time and effort ...
|Mayor Lightfoot tests positive for COVID-19 2022-01-11|
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced that she's tested positive for COVID-19. On Jan. 11, she issued a statement saying, "Earlier today, I tested positive for COVID-19. I am experiencing cold-like symptoms but otherwise feel fine which ...
|Minneapolis City Councilor Andrea Jenkins elected City Council President 2022-01-10|
From an HRC press release - MINNEAPOLIS — Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) congratulates Andrea Jenkins, a Minneapolis City Councilor and Human Rights Campaign board member, on her election to the role of City Council President. Jenkins, who became the first ...
|Clay Aiken announces another political run 2022-01-10|
- Former American Idol star Clay Aiken announced he's running for Congress in North Carolina, seeking the Democratic nomination in the 6th District, WOKV.com reported. In a video posted online, the openly gay father reintroduces himself, saying, ...