WINDY CITY TIMES
||Fred Says giving $50K to HIV groups
This article shared 6464 times since Wed Dec 23, 2015
The Chicago-based charity Fred Says will be giving $50,000 across the United States to organizations supporting HIV-positive youth, with two large "impact grants" at $10,000 going to Test Positive Awareness Network ( Chicago ) and Lost-and-Found ( Atlanta ).
The money is being given to provide fiscal support for any advocacy going on that helps educated the public about the needs of young people at risk for HIV, to help cover costs associated with running direct services for HIV-positive youth, or other areas cited by organizations.
Other recipients will include Advocates for Youth ( Washington, D.C. ), Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Bay Area Young Positives ( San Francisco ), Children's Hospital Los Angeles, Callen-Lorde's Health Outreach to Teens ( New York City ), The LGBT Center ( New York City ), St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital Adolescent HIV Program ( Memphis, Tennessee ) and POZ Magazine ( New York City ).
This article shared 6464 times since Wed Dec 23, 2015
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|New safety precautions announced for 30th annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago Oct. 2 2021-09-08|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) has announced proof of full vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of event will be required for all in-person participants for the 30th annual AIDS Run & ...
|HIV AT 40: Global activist Phill Wilson talks Chicago, the '80s and vaccines 2021-09-01|
- Phill Wilson is one of the best-known HIV/AIDS activists/educators around the globe. The Chicago native was the co-founder of the National Black Lesbian and Gay Leadership Forum and the National Task Force on AIDS Prevention. He ...
|Feds expand insurers' requirements for PrEP coverage 2021-08-26|
- Insurers and service-providers have until September to comply with a new federal guidance requiring insurance companies to cover the entire cost of PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) interventions. Many insurers have been ...
|NATIONAL Ann Arbor ban, Buttigieg, NYC settlement, Gloria Allred 2021-08-22|
- Using gay conversion therapy on minors to try to change their sexual orientation or gender identity is now officially banned in Ann Arbor, Michigan, according to MLive.com. "So-called conversion therapy is, of course, an abomination," Mayor ...
|Chicago Academy's 25th annual AIDS benefit show Sept. 24-25 2021-08-12|
- Each year, Chicago Academy for the Arts students produce and perform in a variety show to support HIV/AIDS research and organizations. The 25th Annual AIDS Benefit will take place Sept. 24-25 at The Academy, 1010 W. ...
|U.S. Conference on HIV/AIDS moves to virtual 2021-08-10|
--From a press release - Aug. 10, 2021 - NMAC today announced that the 2021 US Conference on HIV/AIDS will move from an in-person conference to a virtual meeting due to the continued spread of the Delta variant of the Covid ...
|DaBaby apologizes for 'misinformed' comments about AIDS, LGBTQ people 2021-08-03|
- After his headlining sets at Lollapalooza, Governors Ball and Day N Vegas festivals were canceled within 24 hours of each other, rapper DaBaby issued another apology to the LGBTQ community, Variety reported. "Social Media moves so ...
|PrEP pills to be free for insured people 2021-07-25|
- The U.S. government has stated that nearly all health insurers must cover the entire cost of HIV prevention treatments, according to U.S. News & World Report. That includes the two approved pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) drugs Truvada ...
|Summit looking for BIPOC LGBTQ+ attendees 2021-07-22|
- Pride Action Tank (PAT) and AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) will co-host "Co-Creating Futures: A BIPOC LGBTQ+ Policy & Practices Summit," starting virtually on Saturday, July 31, 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. CT. According to the event's webpage, "T ...
|30th Annual 2021 AIDS Run & Walk Chicago to benefit 25 groups, AIDS Foundation Chicago 2021-07-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Now in its 30th year, AIDS Run & Walk Chicago returns to Soldier Field on Saturday, October 2 to support individuals living with and vulnerable to HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses. AIDS Run & ...
|NATIONAL Spa incident, N.J. items, AIDS gala, Tenn. lawsuits 2021-07-11|
- Tensions rose between protesters and counterprotesters in Los Angeles over a spa incident involving a transgender woman, The Hill reported. Recently, a cisgender woman complained to staff at Wi Spa in Koreatown after a transgender woman ...
|ALMA, AFC host Latino/a/x-focused COVID-19 grand rounds virtual presentation 2021-07-08|
- Association of Latino/as/x Motivating Action (ALMA) and AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) hosted a "COVID-19 Grand RoundsSystemic Racism and Health Disparities: The Impact of COVID-19 on Latino/a/x populations" virtual presentation July ...
|Gilead requests approval of twice-a-year HIV medication 2021-07-02|
- Biopharmaceutical company Gilead Sciences recently submitted a new drug application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administrationand it's for the drug lenacapavir, a long-acting HIV inhibitor that is under clinical ...
|Making Gay History Podcast to launch Season 9:"Coming of Age During the AIDS Crisis" 2021-06-24|
--From a press release - NEW YORK, NY — Thursday, June 24, 2021 — The award-winning Making Gay History podcast will debut its ninth season, "Coming of Age During the AIDS Crisis," on July 1, 2021. After eight seasons of episodes ...
|HRC Foundation launches national HIV/AIDS campaign
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation announced the launch of "My Body, My Health," a comprehensive public education campaign that works toward building a generation free of HIV/AIDS and stigma. ...