WINDY CITY TIMES
||Frank Lloyd Wright
This article shared 3278 times since Tue Aug 19, 2014
Frank Lloyd Wright Trust volunteers present world-class historic sites and their neighborhoods to an international audience, cultivate long-lasting relationships and receive ongoing education and training on topics related to history, design and Frank Lloyd Wright.
Prospective volunteers must attend a 60-minute orientation session prior to training. An orientation session will take place Wed., Aug. 20 at the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio, 951 Chicago Ave., Oak Park; and noon Friday, Aug. 22 at The Rookery Building, 209 S. LaSalle St., Chicago.
For more information, visit flwright.org and fill out an online form, or contact Volunteer Resources Manager Linda Bonifas-Guzman at 312-994-4045 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
This article shared 3278 times since Tue Aug 19, 2014
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|ATTRACTIONS Chicago Architecture Center reopens with new exhibits 2021-06-08|
- On May 22, the Chicago Architecture Center (CAC), 111 E. Wacker Dr., opened all-new and updated exhibits in its 10,000 square feet of galleries full of scale models of new building designs from Chicago and around ...
|Chicago Cultural Center historic interiors to be restored for June reopening 2021-04-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced the historic restoration of the landmark Chicago Cultural Center to reclaim two lost interiors decorated by the ...
|Chicago Architecture Center announces
Spring 2021 reopening schedule 2021-03-12|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) announces plans for a safe Spring 2021 reopening of its popular CAC walking tours, CAFC River Cruise and CAC exhibits. Review COVID-19 safety policies for CAC experiences here. CAC ...
|Preservation Chicago unveils list of most endangered Chicago buildings 2021-02-26|
- Preservation Chicago—which works with city officials, neighborhood residents, owners and stakeholders to prevent what is often viewed as the wholesale loss of Chicago's important buildings—has revealed its 2021 list of ...
|John Pennycuff Memorial Apartments in Castillo Plaza, LGBTQ housing in Logan Square 2020-12-18|
- Last month, The John Pennycuff Memorial Apartments at Castillo Plaza (Pennycuff) opened at the corner of Milwaukee and Campbell Avenues in Logan Square after four years of development and city approval meetings and for the past ...
|Open House Chicago extended to Nov. 1
- The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) is extending its 10th annual Open House Chicago festival (OHC) through Sunday, Nov. 1. Attendees have seven more days to follow 25 trails for self-guided ...
|Chicago Architecture Center offers self-guided, virtual neighborhood exploration 2020-10-06|
--From a press release - CHICAGO The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC), under the leadership of President and CEO Lynn J. Osmond, is pleased to offer more than 50 online programs and trails for self-guided, outdoor exploration, highlighting more than 100 ...
|ARCHITECTURE Controversy brews over Esposito dismissal 2020-08-30|
- Members of Chicago's architecture community registered their displeasure after the city chapter of the American Institute of Architects announced that longtime Executive Vice President Zurich Esposito would no longer be in the ...
|Open House Chicago taking place Oct. 16-25 2020-08-18|
- The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) announced the return of Open House Chicago (OHC) for a 10th consecutive year. It will take place Oct. 16-25, and the festival has been reconfigured for both in-person and remote attendance. ...
|Wrightwood 659 showing Doshi exhibit Sept. 9-Dec. 12 2020-07-26|
- Local art space Wrightwood 659, 659 W. Wrightwood Ave., will reopen with an exhibition devoted to the work of visionary Indian architect, urbanist and teacher Balkrishna Doshi. Recipient of the 2018 Pritzker Architecture Prize, Doshi (born ...
|Chicago church that hosted historic same-sex event demolished 2020-07-08|
- Following an extended effort to save the building, Misericordia Homes recently demolished the former Chicago Town and Tennis Club/Unity Church building at 1925 W. Thome Ave., in the West Ridge area of the city. Originally designed ...
|'Allure,' 'Warhol' closed until further notice 2020-03-16|
- In light of the COVID-19 situation, the following visual arts institutions and exhibitions (and related programming) are temporarily closed until further notice: "The Allure of Matter." at both Smart Museum ...
|Chicago's seven most endangered buildings, areas announced 2020-02-27|
- Preservation Chicago released its 2020 Chicago 7 Most Endangered buildings list, covering some of the most vulnerable sites. The James R. Thompson Center/State of Illinois, 100 W. Randolph St., designed by Helmut Jahn, will be listed ...
|BUSINESS Dan Earles and Bill Rossi, longtime business partners and friends 2020-02-05|
- Dan Earles and Bill Rossi have known each other for a quarter-centuryand that has involved everything from making crucial decisions about joint businesses to attending (more than two dozen) Cher concerts together. ...
|Open house Dec. 7 at Wright Home and Studio 2019-11-26|
- The Frank Lloyd Wright Trust will present a holiday open house at the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio, 951 Chicago Ave., Oak Park, on Saturday, Dec. 7, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. The home will be decked ...