WINDY CITY TIMES
||Five Worth Finding
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 2677 times since Tue Jan 27, 2015
Glovely ( www.glove.ly/ ): They not only look stylishbut they're multifunctional. Glovely items not only keep your digits warm, but they help you work with your touch-screen devices. If you're not satisfied, there's also a 60-day return policy. Styles include cozy, solid, classic, rabbit-lined, leather and driver.
Love, Always ( transgresspress.org/books/ ): Love, Always is the first collection of writings by partners of trans people. Contributors share their experiences of living, loving, working and raising families with partners who have undertaken gender transitions. As of Feb. 14 ( Valentine's Day ), Love, Always will be available on Amazon.com, iBooks, BarnesandNoble.com and other online outlets.
Calvin Klein Body Modal Lounge Pants ( www.mensunderwearstore.com ): These are the silkiest lounge pants a man could possible wantseriously. These pants are made of modal fabric that provides a soft, silky-smooth and breathable feel against the skin. Put these on once, and you may never want to take them offalthough you might want to get them cleaned once in a while.
An AIDS Quilt Songbook: Sing for Hope ( www.amazon.com/An-AIDS-Quilt-Songbook-Sing/dp/B00OA9NYOG ): Sing for Hopea New York City-based national non-profit organization that helps artists give back to their communityhas gathered a unique collection of celebrities/musicians ( including Yo-Yo Ma, actress Sharon Stone and actor Ansel Engort ) for this CD. Proceeds from the album support amfAR: The Foundation for AIDS Research
The Performance Paleo Cookbook: The year's just started and you're already thinking about giving up that resolution to become more fit? Maybe this book can help. It's filled with nutrient-packed meals ( from cocoa almond plantain pancakes to spiced pork tenderloin with roasted plum sauce ) that aim to improve your workout performance.
By Andrew Davis
( Andrew@WindyCityMediaGroup.com and @azygous60610 )
This article shared 2677 times since Tue Jan 27, 2015
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Windy City Times holiday shopping guide 2022-12-03|
- If you're looking for ideas for holiday gifts, check out what we have to offer: A supreme idea: You may not know this but one of the coolest new stores in Chicago is the Wicker Park spot Supreme, at 1438 N. ...
|Five Worth Finding: COVID book, 'Wicked' cocktails, 'A Taste of Hope' and more 2022-10-24|
- —COVID-19, the LGBTQIA+ Community and Public Policy: As studies emerge to help us understand the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on every facet of modern life, it is critical that the effect of the pandemic on ...
|Five Worth Finding: Movie short, 'Kaepernick,' ice cream and more 2022-08-14|
- —Fraud: Non-binary director Zen Zadih Pace's debut narrative short, Fraud—starring trans actress Dana Aliya Levinson (STARZ's American Gods) and Babak Tafti (Showtime's Super Pumped)—was selected for ...
|Five Worth Finding: WNDR Museum, Prince, queer books, flowers 2022-06-16|
- WNDR Museum's Pride event "Crafting with Queens": The West Loop museum is usually entertainment and, um, wondrous enough on its ownbut during Pride Month, WNDR is queering things up with "Crafting with Queens" on Tuesday, ...
|Five Worth Finding: Chocolate festival, lesbian sci-fi film, 'Smahtguy' 2022-05-16|
- —The Long Grove Chocolate Festival: The beloved Chocolate Festival will return to the historic streets and parkways of downtown Long Grove for the first time in three years, May 20-22. Chocolate lovers can experience so much—including ...
|Five Worth Finding: Horror film, fantasy series, 'Women in Wine' 2022-03-07|
- The Last Thing Mary Saw: Offered exclusively on Shudder, The Last Thing Mary Saw (directed by Edoardo Vitaletti) is an engaging treat. In 19th-century New York, Young Mary, blood trickling from behind the blindfold tied around ...
|Five Worth Finding: Mango Pickle, play about gay movie stars and more 2022-01-24|
- Mango Pickle: I've written about this Edgewater restaurant beforeand, fortunately, the unique quality of the Indian menu items remains. I was fortunate enough to recently experience the 21 Days of ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gift ideas 2021-12-15|
- With the holidays almost upon us, here are a few items to consider: Samsung items: Some people may just think phones and computers when they think of Samsung, but the company offers so much more. For ...
|Five Worth Finding: World AIDS Day, 'Benedetta,' books, wine in a can 2021-11-26|
- World AIDS Day event at Belmont Harbor: The Chicago Parks Foundation will hold a World AIDS Day event on Dec. 1, 9-10:30 a.m., at the Belmont Harbor Yacht Club. Antonio King, LGBTQ health and outreach liaison ...
|Five Worth Finding: Harold Washington, volcanic water and more 2021-10-07|
- Mayor Harold Washington's LGBTQ+ legacy: The LGBTQ legacy of late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (1922-1987) will be discussed as part of a series of events marking his 100th birthday in 2022. This free LGBTQ event will ...
|Five Worth Finding: 'Swan Song,' mental-health event, Halloween items, artwork 2021-09-04|
- Technically, there are six items here, but they're all highly recommended. Swan Song: Throughout his long and storied career, German actor Udo Kier has taken on many roles but probably none as indelible as former hairdresser Pat ...
|Romanticism to Ruin exhibition opening September 24 2021-08-19|
--From a press release - Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright, Wrightwood 659's fall exhibition, opens Sept. 24. Tickets are now available. The great American architects Louis H. Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright had rare gifts for ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gerber/Hart, 'Mr. Soul!,' S'mores desserts and more 2021-08-09|
- Stacks of Laughter: Gerber/Hart Library and Archives, 6500 N. Clark St.. will host a comedy benefit, "Stacks of Laughter," on Saturday, Sept. 18. At 6 p.m., there will be a VIP reception with local historian John ...
|Five Worth Finding: Rainbow Soap, Billy Porter, Honey West and more 2021-06-12|
- Soap Distillery's Rainbow Soap (SoapDistillery.com): To help celebrate Pride Month, many businesses are offering rainbow versions of their products and Chicago's Soap Distillery is no exception. A portion of proceeds ...
|Five Worth Finding: Skydeck, a great Italian dinner and more 2021-05-03|
- Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower (TheSkydeck.com): The famed Skydeck Chicago, 103 stories up at Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) has reopened complete with the ledges (that separate people from the city ...