WINDY CITY TIMES
||Five Worth Finding: TeaPotBrew, 'The GayBCs' and more
This article shared 2148 times since Tue Oct 29, 2019
TeaPotBrew Bakery: Nestled in the South Loop/Prairie District, this bakery ( 1802 S. Wabash St.; 312-966-6001 ) features dozens of teas, delicious sandwiches/pastries and the friendliest staffers you'll likely to encounter. Also, items are available on DoorDash.
The GayBCs: When you see "'N' is for non-binary" and "'S" is for sashay," you know it's a new dayone when people of many different identities are being recognized. Author/illustrator M. L. Webb's bright illustrations and lively, inclusive poems promote the beauty of embracing one's truest self.
The Burdick cookie: Imagine a chocolate chunk cookie ( with a smattering of walnuts ) that's so gooey you have to eat it with a spoon. That's the case with a warm Burdick cookieonly available at L.A. Burdick Handmade Chocolates, 609 N. State St. Be sure to snap these up quickly; one staffer said that the place sells up to 800 of these items in one week. However, L.A. Burdick sells tons of other sweet, delicious items, ranging from hot chocolate to macarons.
Rebel Nell jewelry ( RebelNell.com ): Empowering women is the aim of this company that's based in Detroit. There are several collections ( including, yes, the Chicago )and, to be inclusive, there are items for men as well, such as lapel pins and dog tags.
Swissotel's Santa Suite: I almost hate to say it, but the holidays will be here before you know it. For the sixth consecutive year, Swissotel Chicago will transform its 2,000-square-foot presidential suite into Santa's home-away-from-the-Pole for the holiday season. During Dec. 7-22, families are invited to enjoy elf-guided tours of the suite, and there will be letter-writing stations, gourmet food offerings and more. Tickets are already available, for $15 each; visit "Santa Days at Swissotel Chicago Santa Suite" at Eventbrite.com .
This article shared 2148 times since Tue Oct 29, 2019
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Five Worth Finding: Harold Washington, volcanic water and more 2021-10-07|
- Mayor Harold Washington's LGBTQ+ legacy: The LGBTQ legacy of late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (1922-1987) will be discussed as part of a series of events marking his 100th birthday in 2022. This free LGBTQ event will ...
|Five Worth Finding: 'Swan Song,' mental-health event, Halloween items, artwork 2021-09-04|
- Technically, there are six items here, but they're all highly recommended. —Swan Song: Throughout his long and storied career, German actor Udo Kier has taken on many roles—but probably none as indelible as former hairdresser Pat ...
|Romanticism to Ruin exhibition opening September 24 2021-08-19|
--From a press release - Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright, Wrightwood 659's fall exhibition, opens Sept. 24. Tickets are now available. The great American architects Louis H. Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright had rare gifts for ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gerber/Hart, 'Mr. Soul!,' S'mores desserts and more 2021-08-09|
- —Stacks of Laughter: Gerber/Hart Library and Archives, 6500 N. Clark St.. will host a comedy benefit, "Stacks of Laughter," on Saturday, Sept. 18. At 6 p.m., there will be a VIP reception with local historian John ...
|Five Worth Finding: Skydeck, a great Italian dinner and more 2021-05-03|
- —Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower (TheSkydeck.com): The famed Skydeck Chicago, 103 stories up at Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) has reopened—complete with the ledges (that separate people from the city ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2019 Holiday Gift Guide Part One of Two 2019-11-27|
- Feel the heat We all know the polar vortex may be revisiting sooner rather than letter, so be ready with Heat Holders socks and gloves (various prices; HeatHolders.com). The socks, specially developed with cashmere-like acrylic yarn, ...
Five Worth Finding: Pride, Carol's Cookies, Kimpton Gray and more 2019-06-18|
- The Queeriodic Table: A Celebration of LGBTQ+ Culture: Harriet Dyer's book (a take on the periodic table, of course) contains a glossary on current lingo and definitions; a condensed timeline of queer events from 1000 B.C.; ...
|Five Worth Finding: Emotional book, Studio Three and more 2019-03-03|
- The Truth About Aaron: This book about the late football star/convicted murdered Aaron Hernandez, written by brother Jonathan, is a warts-and-all account of the sometimes brutal childhood Aaron had. Among ...
|Five Worth Finding, Beverages, Auto Show and more 2019-02-04|
- Sodastream Fizzi One Touch (Sodastream.com): This eco-friendly sparking-soda maker has been getting tons of positive reviewsand there are several reasons for this. It's absolutely easy to use, there's top-notch customer ...
|Five Worth Finding: Last-minute gifts 2018-12-19|
- tinyB Chocolate (https://www.tinybchocolate.com/): Sinful bite-sized chocolateswhich are great stocking-stuffersare the hallmark of this company. Among the cascade of flavors are dark chocolate and sprinkles; Brazilian coffee ...
|'One of a Kind Holiday Show' through Dec. 9 2018-12-07|
- Through Dec. 9, the One of a Kind Holiday Show is returning to the seventh floor of The Mart, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza. More than 600 independent artists from across North America and beyond are ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018 Part two 2018-12-05|
- Ross examination Diana Ross puts her indelible spin on holiday classics such as "The Christmas Song," "Winter Wonderland" and the title song on the CD Wonderful Christmastimea collection of holiday recordings from Diana Ross that were ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2018 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018-11-28|
- Rebel yell As many know, the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots is next year, and this cool "Rebel" T-shirtwhich out Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black designedmarks the occasion in ...
|Five Worth Finding: Haunting film, Skydeck and more 2018-11-27|
- What Haunts Us: This Emmy-nominated documentarywhich examines why many boys who graduated from the Porter-Gaud School in Charleston, South Carolina, committed suicide after becoming adultswill haunt you. Filmmaker Paige Goldberg ...