WINDY CITY TIMES
||Five Worth Finding: Skydeck, a great Italian dinner and more
This article shared 2526 times since Mon May 3, 2021
Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower (TheSkydeck.com): The famed Skydeck Chicago, 103 stories up at Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) has reopenedcomplete with the ledges (that separate people from the city by a mere 1.5") that have launched a thousand selfies. However, now there's a whole new aspect of the visit to the tower for visitors to appreciate: an expansive Chicago-themed museum on the lower level that has everything from a nine-foot-long Chicago-style hot dog bench to an interactive experience on the "L" to a performance opportunity on the Second City stage.
Red Sauce Sundays at The Smith (thesmithrestaurant.com/location/chicago/&: The Smitha casual American brasserie located in Chicago's River North areadistinguishes itself by, among other things, hosting "Red Sauce Sundays." Starting at 5 p.m. each week, this ultimate comfort meal features a chicken parm dinner for two (Caesar salad, chicken parm, rigatoni "a la vodka," parmesan garlic flatbread and rainbow cookies) for only $45. Plus, enjoy half-priced Chianti by the glass, carafe or big carafe.
And my review? The dinnerfrom beginning to endwas quite fulfilling, in more ways than one. The salad was delicious (and there are no anchovies in it, for those who might have been concerned); the rigatoni had the right amount of creaminess; the chicken parm was simultaneously tender and crispyand a little spicy; and the rainbow "cookies" (which seem more like mini-cakes) exhibited a nice combination of flavors.
Prince & Knight: Tale of the Shadow King (www.amazon.com/Prince-Knight-Tale-Shadow-King/dp/1499811217&: Written by Daniel Haack and illustrated by Stevie Lewis, Tale of the Shadow King (which continues the Prince & Knight series)the latest work from GLAAD's partnership with Little Bee Booksfocuses on the happily married title characters as they confront the villainous Shadow King.
Frankly Organic Vodka (franklyvodka.com ): Don't let the phrase "organic vodka" scare you. Frankly, an award-winning brand, offers several smooth, delicious varietiesoriginal, grapefruit, strawberry, apple and pomegranatethat liven cocktails quite well. You can have it over ice by itself as well, but there are 21 recipes (like apple sangria) at franklyvodka.com/recipes/ .
PATHWater (drinkpathwater.com ): Enjoy bottled water, but hate the waste that plastic bottles create? Well, take a look at PATHWater, which offers different varieties of water (purified, sparkling and the very trendy alkaline) in recyclable and reusable aluminum bottles.
This article shared 2526 times since Mon May 3, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Windy City Times holiday shopping guide 2022-12-03|
- If you're looking for ideas for holiday gifts, check out what we have to offer: A supreme idea: You may not know this but one of the coolest new stores in Chicago is the Wicker Park spot Supreme, at 1438 N. ...
|Five Worth Finding: Mango Pickle, play about gay movie stars and more 2022-01-24|
- Mango Pickle: I've written about this Edgewater restaurant beforeand, fortunately, the unique quality of the Indian menu items remains. I was fortunate enough to recently experience the 21 Days of ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gift ideas 2021-12-15|
- With the holidays almost upon us, here are a few items to consider: Samsung items: Some people may just think phones and computers when they think of Samsung, but the company offers so much more. For ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2021 2021-12-03|
- Yes, it’s that time of the year when it’s especially emphasized that it’s better to give than to receive. With that in mind, here are some items you may want to consider getting that relative, friend or significant other. ...
|Five Worth Finding: Harold Washington, volcanic water and more 2021-10-07|
- Mayor Harold Washington's LGBTQ+ legacy: The LGBTQ legacy of late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (1922-1987) will be discussed as part of a series of events marking his 100th birthday in 2022. This free LGBTQ event will ...
|Five Worth Finding: 'Swan Song,' mental-health event, Halloween items, artwork 2021-09-04|
- Technically, there are six items here, but they're all highly recommended. Swan Song: Throughout his long and storied career, German actor Udo Kier has taken on many roles but probably none as indelible as former hairdresser Pat ...
|Romanticism to Ruin exhibition opening September 24 2021-08-19|
--From a press release - Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright, Wrightwood 659's fall exhibition, opens Sept. 24. Tickets are now available. The great American architects Louis H. Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright had rare gifts for ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gerber/Hart, 'Mr. Soul!,' S'mores desserts and more 2021-08-09|
- Stacks of Laughter: Gerber/Hart Library and Archives, 6500 N. Clark St.. will host a comedy benefit, "Stacks of Laughter," on Saturday, Sept. 18. At 6 p.m., there will be a VIP reception with local historian John ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2019 Holiday Gift Guide Part One of Two 2019-11-27|
- Feel the heat We all know the polar vortex may be revisiting sooner rather than letter, so be ready with Heat Holders socks and gloves (various prices; HeatHolders.com). The socks, specially developed with cashmere-like acrylic yarn, ...
|Five Worth Finding: TeaPotBrew, 'The GayBCs' and more 2019-10-29|
- TeaPotBrew Bakery: Nestled in the South Loop/Prairie District, this bakery (1802 S. Wabash St.; 312-966-6001) features dozens of teas, delicious sandwiches/pastries and the friendliest staffers you'll likely to encounter. Also ...
Five Worth Finding: Pride, Carol's Cookies, Kimpton Gray and more 2019-06-18|
- The Queeriodic Table: A Celebration of LGBTQ+ Culture: Harriet Dyer's book (a take on the periodic table, of course) contains a glossary on current lingo and definitions; a condensed timeline of queer events from 1000 B.C.; ...
|Five Worth Finding: Emotional book, Studio Three and more 2019-03-03|
- The Truth About Aaron: This book about the late football star/convicted murdered Aaron Hernandez, written by brother Jonathan, is a warts-and-all account of the sometimes brutal childhood Aaron had. Among ...
|Five Worth Finding, Beverages, Auto Show and more 2019-02-04|
- Sodastream Fizzi One Touch (Sodastream.com): This eco-friendly sparking-soda maker has been getting tons of positive reviewsand there are several reasons for this. It's absolutely easy to use, there's top-notch customer ...
|Five Worth Finding: Last-minute gifts 2018-12-19|
- tinyB Chocolate (https://www.tinybchocolate.com/): Sinful bite-sized chocolateswhich are great stocking-stuffersare the hallmark of this company. Among the cascade of flavors are dark chocolate and sprinkles; Brazilian coffee ...
|Artemis Singers' summer performance urges listeners to be 'defiantly optimistic' |
|NATIONAL North Carolina, 'Pride Heroes,' school news, gay publication folds, Iowa|
|WORLD Global survey, Turkey, Russians in Argentina, trans-rights activist|
|SHOWBIZ Romance films, Megan Thee Stallion, Keith Haring, Cher, George Maharis|
|THEATER 'Star Wars' burlesque parody at Logan Auditorium|