WINDY CITY TIMES
||Five Worth Finding: Skydeck, a great Italian dinner and more
This article shared 702 times since Mon May 3, 2021
Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower (TheSkydeck.com): The famed Skydeck Chicago, 103 stories up at Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) has reopenedcomplete with the ledges (that separate people from the city by a mere 1.5") that have launched a thousand selfies. However, now there's a whole new aspect of the visit to the tower for visitors to appreciate: an expansive Chicago-themed museum on the lower level that has everything from a nine-foot-long Chicago-style hot dog bench to an interactive experience on the "L" to a performance opportunity on the Second City stage.
Red Sauce Sundays at The Smith (thesmithrestaurant.com/location/chicago/&: The Smitha casual American brasserie located in Chicago's River North areadistinguishes itself by, among other things, hosting "Red Sauce Sundays." Starting at 5 p.m. each week, this ultimate comfort meal features a chicken parm dinner for two (Caesar salad, chicken parm, rigatoni "a la vodka," parmesan garlic flatbread and rainbow cookies) for only $45. Plus, enjoy half-priced Chianti by the glass, carafe or big carafe.
And my review? The dinnerfrom beginning to endwas quite fulfilling, in more ways than one. The salad was delicious (and there are no anchovies in it, for those who might have been concerned); the rigatoni had the right amount of creaminess; the chicken parm was simultaneously tender and crispyand a little spicy; and the rainbow "cookies" (which seem more like mini-cakes) exhibited a nice combination of flavors.
Prince & Knight: Tale of the Shadow King (www.amazon.com/Prince-Knight-Tale-Shadow-King/dp/1499811217&: Written by Daniel Haack and illustrated by Stevie Lewis, Tale of the Shadow King (which continues the Prince & Knight series)the latest work from GLAAD's partnership with Little Bee Booksfocuses on the happily married title characters as they confront the villainous Shadow King.
Frankly Organic Vodka (franklyvodka.com/&: Don't let the phrase "organic vodka" scare you. Frankly, an award-winning brand, offers several smooth, delicious varietiesoriginal, grapefruit, strawberry, apple and pomegranatethat liven cocktails quite well. You can have it over ice by itself as well, but there are 21 recipes (like apple sangria) at https://franklyvodka.com/recipes/.
PATHWater (drinkpathwater.com/&: Enjoy bottled water, but hate the waste that plastic bottles create? Well, take a look at PATHWater, which offers different varieties of water (purified, sparkling and the very trendy alkaline) in recyclable and reusable aluminum bottles.
This article shared 702 times since Mon May 3, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2019 Holiday Gift Guide Part One of Two 2019-11-27|
- Feel the heat We all know the polar vortex may be revisiting sooner rather than letter, so be ready with Heat Holders socks and gloves (various prices; HeatHolders.com). The socks, specially developed with cashmere-like acrylic yarn, ...
|Five Worth Finding: TeaPotBrew, 'The GayBCs' and more 2019-10-29|
- TeaPotBrew Bakery: Nestled in the South Loop/Prairie District, this bakery (1802 S. Wabash St.; 312-966-6001) features dozens of teas, delicious sandwiches/pastries and the friendliest staffers you'll likely to encounter. Also ...
|Five Worth Finding, Beverages, Auto Show and more 2019-02-04|
- Sodastream Fizzi One Touch (Sodastream.com): This eco-friendly sparking-soda maker has been getting tons of positive reviewsand there are several reasons for this. It's absolutely easy to use, there's top-notch customer ...
|Five Worth Finding: Last-minute gifts 2018-12-19|
- tinyB Chocolate (https://www.tinybchocolate.com/): Sinful bite-sized chocolateswhich are great stocking-stuffersare the hallmark of this company. Among the cascade of flavors are dark chocolate and sprinkles; Brazilian coffee ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018 Part two 2018-12-05|
- Ross examination Diana Ross puts her indelible spin on holiday classics such as "The Christmas Song," "Winter Wonderland" and the title song on the CD Wonderful Christmastimea collection of holiday recordings from Diana Ross that were ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2018 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018-11-28|
- Rebel yell As many know, the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots is next year, and this cool "Rebel" T-shirtwhich out Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black designedmarks the occasion in ...
|Five Worth Finding: Haunting film, Skydeck and more 2018-11-27|
- What Haunts Us: This Emmy-nominated documentarywhich examines why many boys who graduated from the Porter-Gaud School in Charleston, South Carolina, committed suicide after becoming adultswill haunt you. Filmmaker Paige Goldberg ...
|Always Andersonville Pledge Local Campaign begins holiday schedule Nov. 24 2018-11-16|
- CHICAGO (November 16, 2018): Over 100 Andersonville businesses are featured in the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce's (ACC) holiday programming lineup this season with a full schedule of shopping, dining, entertainment ...
|Five Worth Finding: Glamping, AIDS Run & Walk, and more 2018-09-19|
- Glamping at The Gwen (https://www.thegwenchicago.com/rooms-suites/glamping/): Time is winding down to enjoy the glamping experience at the upscale River North hotel The Gwen, on the private terrace of the Gwen Lux ...
|Five Worth Finding: The (mostly) Valentine's Day edition 2018-02-06|
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times - The Bouqs Company (Bouqs.com): This company delivers flowers fresh from eco-friendly, sustainable farms around the world to doorsteps nationwide. The Valentine's Day Bouqs are available in a variety of sizes ...
|Dining news: Jinglefest, Entente team, new restaurants 2017-12-12|
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times - Chicago French Market's Jinglefest will take place Saturday, Dec. 16, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. There will be holiday-cookie decorating (courtesy of Vanille Patisserie), a Santa styling station, and gifts/dishes form more ...
|Five Worth Finding: Holiday edition 2017-12-12|
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times - Shinesty boxers (Shinesty.com): Shinesty's boxer briefs (with a pouch in front for a guy's, ahem, chestnuts) are extremely comfortable. Moreover, they come in a variety of intriguing patterns. Leigh Gallery ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2017 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE Week Two of Two 2017-12-06|
- Heir to the 'Thrones' There are so many binge-worthy TV shows out there, it's almost ridiculous. However, three shows that are definitely worth your couch time are Game of Thrones, Big Little Lies and Insecure (from ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2017 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE Week One of Two 2017-11-29|
- Clutch play Spartina 449 (https://www.spartina449.com/) has an intriguing line of handbags, clutches, poncho/wraps, scarfs, jewelry and other items. Moreover, it has a touch of the South, as history, people and ...
|Books: Great holiday gifts 2016-12-06|
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times - Books that are great The gift list was easy this year. For once, you knew what to get everybody. Every. Single. Giftee. Easy-peasy … except, oops, that one person who vexes you each year. What to ...