WINDY CITY TIMES
||Five Worth Finding: LGBTQ authors, paczki, skin-care items, Keto Mylk
This article shared 1068 times since Fri Feb 5, 2021
Tempest, by Ryan Meyer (NothingPeak.com): In Tempest, young LGBTQ writer Meyer departs from the horror themes in his 2018 poetry collection, Haunt. Using fictional vignettes and surreal personal accounts, he explores issues such as fear, hope and self-identity. Tempest isn't available to the general public until March 1, but it can be pre-ordered at various sites, including Amazon.
The Mourning Report, by Caitlin Garvey: Another LGBTQ writer, Chicago-based Caitlin Garvey, writes about her mother and her own sexuality in The Mourning Report. The work details Garvey's "grief journey," in which she interviews the people involved in her mother's dying process: a hospice nurse, a priest, an estate planner, a hairstylist and a funeral director. If she figured out how they could function after being so close to her mother's death, then maybe she could learn how to navigate her own life. The Mourning Report asks what it means to "move on."
Delightful Pastries' paczki (5927 W. Lawrence Ave.; DelightfulPastries.com): In case you don't know, paczki are filled doughnuts, usually found in Polish cuisine. And when it comes to these treats (and other items), Delightful Pastries is one of the best known. This year's flavors include apricot jelly, sea-salted caramel, plum butter, and even moonshine and lemonamong others. And don't forget that Paczki Day is Fat Tuesday, Feb. 16.
Hourglass Equilibrium skin products (HourglassCosmetics.com, nordstrom.com): These newest (vegan and cruelty-free) products are meant to establish balance to your skinhence the name. Equilibrium Restoring Essence (doesn't feel greasy at all and should be used to prime skin. A little of the Rebalancing Cream Cleanser goes a long way (and that's meant in the best possible way) while the Intensive Hydrating Eye Balm instantly plumps that undereye area. Your skin will thank you.
Mooala Keto Mylk (mooala.com): Mooalawhich already had products such as almond, oat and even banana milk as well as creamersnow has Keto Mylk. Varieties include Original, Vanilla Creme, Cinnamon Roll and Chocolaty Chipand they're all delicious. Also, if you don't want to get it online, you can find which stores are nearby.
This article shared 1068 times since Fri Feb 5, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|BOOKS Twelfth (and final) 'Boystown' cover revealed 2021-10-17|
- Boystown author Jake Biondi has revealed the cover of the twelfth book of his serieswhile simultaneously sharing that the next installment will be the final one. Boystown: Season Twelve: The Final Season will be released in ...
|BOOK REVIEW Activist Peter Staley's Memoir 'Never Silent' is a real-life thriller 2021-10-13|
--From marksking.com - "Attention must be paid to such a man." — Arthur Miller Peter Staley's much-anticipated new memoir, Never Silent, opens with almost unbearable nail-biting suspense, sweeping us into the behind-the-scenes machinations of an ACT UP takeover of ...
|Achy Obejas' bilingual poetry book Boomerang/Bumeran explores immigration, liberation 2021-10-11|
By Max Lubbers - Achy Obejas is a Cuban-American writer, translator and activist. Boomerang/Bumerán, her newest book, confronts questions of immigration, love and liberation. Like a boomerang, these ideas return throughout the collection, even ...
|NATIONAL Victory Institute, LGBTQ books, youth items, NASA, LGBTQ Nation 2021-10-10|
- LGBTQ Victory Institute and nine additional candidate-training organizations announced a partnership with Snap Inc., the parent company of Snapchat, to provide a native-to-mobile tool to encourage young people to run for office, a press release noted. ...
|Book about musician Tori Amos' works coming out 2021-10-07|
- The book Tori Amos: every album, every songby rock journalist Lisa Toremwill be out in the United States on Friday, Oct. 29, courtesy of Sonic Bond Publishing. In 1992, Amosan acclaimed singer, pianist and composerachieved fame ...
|THEATER REVIEW Thirteen Days 2021-09-29|
- Thirteen Days. adapted by Brian Pastor from the book by Robert F. Kennedy At: City Lit Theatre at Edgewater Presbyterian Church, 1030 West Bryn Mawr Ave., Tickets: $27-$32. Runs through: Oct. 24 Palace Intrigue has been ...
|Lambda Literary to expand LGBTQ Writers in Schools Program in New York City schools 2021-09-27|
--From a press release - New York, NY — Today, Lambda Literary announced that New York City has quadrupled its investment in the organization's LGBTQ Writers in Schools program, increasing funding from $100,000 to $400,000 to reach 10,000 students and provide ...
|Equality Illinois CEO Brian C. Johnson on new book, 'Our Fair Share' 2021-09-22|
- In Equality Illinois CEO Brian C. Johnson's new book, Our Fair Share: How One Small Change Can Create a More Equitable American Economy, he posits that receiving a Citizen Dividend will help all U.S. residents achieve ...
|BOOKS 'Mission Possible' released before 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' anniversary 2021-09-20|
- C. Dixon Osburn, co-founder and former CEO of the Servicmembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN), has written Mission Possible: The Story of the Repealing 'Don't Ask Don't Tell. This is the inside story of SLDN, which was ...
|Women & Children First hosting virtual event with Anita Hill on Sept. 29 2021-09-11|
- Anita Hillthe University Professor of Social Policy, Law, and Women's and Gender Studies at Brandeis University who played a major role in the 1991 Senate confirmation hearings for U.S. Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomaswill be part ...
|Chicago Literary Hall of Fame announces 2021 class of new inductees 2021-08-18|
--From a press release - Chicago, August 17, 2021 — The Chicago Literary Hall of Fame (CLHOF) announced that its 2021 Class of Inductees will include Frank London Brown, Jeanette Howard Foster, Carlos Cortez, and Gene Wolfe. The inductees will be ...
|Chicago-area author releases book about gay, autistic African-American 2021-08-18|
- PenPower Book Marketing Services and Chicago-area author Jaire Sims have released his debut young adult novel, Getting By, which was named a finalist in the African American (Fiction) category in the 2021 Next Generation Indie Book ...
|Printers Row Lit Fest returns to Chicago Sept. 11-12 2021-08-12|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (August 12, 2021) Printers Row Lit Fest, the largest free outdoor literary showcase in the Midwest, returns for its 36th year with 100% free programming for book lovers the weekend after Labor Day, Saturday, Sept. ...
|THEATER REVIEW Rent 2021-08-10|
- Playwright: book, music and lyrics by Jonathan Larson At: Possibilities Theatre Company at NorthCenter Town Square, 4100 N. Damen Ave. Tickets: suggested donation $20; https://www.eventcombo.com/e/rent-43212 or ...
|Equality Illinois' new deputy director talks goals, position and books 2021-08-01|
- On July 15, Mony Ruiz-Velasco officially started in the new position of Equality Illinois' deputy director. Ruiz-Velasco is an experienced attorney who has worked for immigrants rights for many years, and has even been the legal ...
|Legacy Walk plaques added for Pauli Murray, Matthew Shepard|
|Chicago Sky win their first WNBA championship|
|SHOWBIZ Superman, TheWrap, Oscar Wilde, Billy Porter, Cher, 'Dragula'|
|BOOKS Twelfth (and final) 'Boystown' cover revealed|
|NATIONAL Foster-parent case, stars speak out, Texas youth, 'Queer Eye,' HIV|