WINDY CITY TIMES
||Five Worth Finding: Emotional book, Studio Three and more
by Andrew Davis
This article shared 2521 times since Sun Mar 3, 2019
The Truth About Aaron: This book about the late football star/convicted murdered Aaron Hernandez, written by brother Jonathan, is a warts-and-all account of the sometimes brutal childhood Aaron had. Among other things, Jonathan discusses Aaron's talent, sexuality, crimes and and battle with the brain condition known as CTE that ravaged him.
Studio Three ( studiothree.com/ ): Check out this fitness center ( now at two locations: at 648 N. Clark St. and 2401 N. Halsted St. ), which offers three optionsinterval, cycle and/or yoga. All three disciplines are versatile and can be tailored to the fitness level of any individual. Added bonuses include complimentary cycle shoes, yoga mats, towels, Wi-Fi, GRAZE Smoothie & Acai Bar, child care and relatively lower monthly costs ( compared to similar facilities ).
myCharge's RazorMega ( mycharge.com/collections/razor-series-1 ): This charger is what you need. The RazorMega is mega, indeed, in terms of powerwith a 20,000mAh portable battery pack that provides up to 10x extra battery life and features two universal USB ports to charge multiple devices at once as well as 2.4A outputs to ensure a fast charge.
Yolk Test Kitchen ( www.eatyolk.com/ ): There are several branches of the breakfast spot Yolk that dot Chicago, but Yolk Test Kitchen, 1767 N. Milwaukee Ave., breaks the mold with a coffee bar ( complete with a beverage director ) and several innovative dishes, such as a rich, eggy mac-and-cheese concoction.
Spirit of Revolt beer ( revbrew.com/beer/specialty/spirit-of-revolt ): After debuting an empowered Imperial IPA in 2018, Revolution Brewing is bringing back Spirit of Revoltcreated by the female employees of Revolution. The beer is named in reference to a Margaret Sanger essay ["Because I believe that deep down in woman's nature lies slumbering the spirit of revolt," from "The Woman Rebel"] and features specialty malts from female-led Weyermann Malting. Celebrate International Women's Day ( March 8 ) with a drink of this.
By Andrew Davis
(Andrew@WindyCityMediaGroup.com and @azygous60610)
This article shared 2521 times since Sun Mar 3, 2019
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Five Worth Finding: Mango Pickle, play about gay movie stars and more 2022-01-24|
- Mango Pickle: I've written about this Edgewater restaurant beforeand, fortunately, the unique quality of the Indian menu items remains. I was fortunate enough to recently experience the 21 Days of ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gift ideas 2021-12-15|
- With the holidays almost upon us, here are a few items to consider: Samsung items: Some people may just think phones and computers when they think of Samsung, but the company offers so much more. For ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2021 2021-12-03|
- Yes, it’s that time of the year when it’s especially emphasized that it’s better to give than to receive. With that in mind, here are some items you may want to consider getting that relative, friend or significant other. ...
|Five Worth Finding: Harold Washington, volcanic water and more 2021-10-07|
- Mayor Harold Washington's LGBTQ+ legacy: The LGBTQ legacy of late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (1922-1987) will be discussed as part of a series of events marking his 100th birthday in 2022. This free LGBTQ event will ...
|Five Worth Finding: 'Swan Song,' mental-health event, Halloween items, artwork 2021-09-04|
- Technically, there are six items here, but they're all highly recommended. Swan Song: Throughout his long and storied career, German actor Udo Kier has taken on many roles but probably none as indelible as former hairdresser Pat ...
|Romanticism to Ruin exhibition opening September 24 2021-08-19|
--From a press release - Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright, Wrightwood 659's fall exhibition, opens Sept. 24. Tickets are now available. The great American architects Louis H. Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright had rare gifts for ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gerber/Hart, 'Mr. Soul!,' S'mores desserts and more 2021-08-09|
- Stacks of Laughter: Gerber/Hart Library and Archives, 6500 N. Clark St.. will host a comedy benefit, "Stacks of Laughter," on Saturday, Sept. 18. At 6 p.m., there will be a VIP reception with local historian John ...
|Five Worth Finding: Skydeck, a great Italian dinner and more 2021-05-03|
- Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower (TheSkydeck.com): The famed Skydeck Chicago, 103 stories up at Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) has reopened complete with the ledges (that separate people from the city ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2019 Holiday Gift Guide Part One of Two 2019-11-27|
- Feel the heat We all know the polar vortex may be revisiting sooner rather than letter, so be ready with Heat Holders socks and gloves (various prices; HeatHolders.com). The socks, specially developed with cashmere-like acrylic yarn, ...
|Five Worth Finding: TeaPotBrew, 'The GayBCs' and more 2019-10-29|
- TeaPotBrew Bakery: Nestled in the South Loop/Prairie District, this bakery (1802 S. Wabash St.; 312-966-6001) features dozens of teas, delicious sandwiches/pastries and the friendliest staffers you'll likely to encounter. Also ...
Five Worth Finding: Pride, Carol's Cookies, Kimpton Gray and more 2019-06-18|
- The Queeriodic Table: A Celebration of LGBTQ+ Culture: Harriet Dyer's book (a take on the periodic table, of course) contains a glossary on current lingo and definitions; a condensed timeline of queer events from 1000 B.C.; ...
|Five Worth Finding, Beverages, Auto Show and more 2019-02-04|
- Sodastream Fizzi One Touch (Sodastream.com): This eco-friendly sparking-soda maker has been getting tons of positive reviewsand there are several reasons for this. It's absolutely easy to use, there's top-notch customer ...
|Five Worth Finding: Last-minute gifts 2018-12-19|
- tinyB Chocolate (https://www.tinybchocolate.com/): Sinful bite-sized chocolateswhich are great stocking-stuffersare the hallmark of this company. Among the cascade of flavors are dark chocolate and sprinkles; Brazilian coffee ...
|'One of a Kind Holiday Show' through Dec. 9 2018-12-07|
- Through Dec. 9, the One of a Kind Holiday Show is returning to the seventh floor of The Mart, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza. More than 600 independent artists from across North America and beyond are ...