WINDY CITY TIMES
||Five Worth Finding: Emotional book, Studio Three and more
by Andrew Davis
This article shared 2333 times since Sun Mar 3, 2019
The Truth About Aaron: This book about the late football star/convicted murdered Aaron Hernandez, written by brother Jonathan, is a warts-and-all account of the sometimes brutal childhood Aaron had. Among other things, Jonathan discusses Aaron's talent, sexuality, crimes and and battle with the brain condition known as CTE that ravaged him.
Studio Three ( studiothree.com/ ): Check out this fitness center ( now at two locations: at 648 N. Clark St. and 2401 N. Halsted St. ), which offers three optionsinterval, cycle and/or yoga. All three disciplines are versatile and can be tailored to the fitness level of any individual. Added bonuses include complimentary cycle shoes, yoga mats, towels, Wi-Fi, GRAZE Smoothie & Acai Bar, child care and relatively lower monthly costs ( compared to similar facilities ).
myCharge's RazorMega ( mycharge.com/collections/razor-series-1 ): This charger is what you need. The RazorMega is mega, indeed, in terms of powerwith a 20,000mAh portable battery pack that provides up to 10x extra battery life and features two universal USB ports to charge multiple devices at once as well as 2.4A outputs to ensure a fast charge.
Yolk Test Kitchen ( www.eatyolk.com/ ): There are several branches of the breakfast spot Yolk that dot Chicago, but Yolk Test Kitchen, 1767 N. Milwaukee Ave., breaks the mold with a coffee bar ( complete with a beverage director ) and several innovative dishes, such as a rich, eggy mac-and-cheese concoction.
Spirit of Revolt beer ( revbrew.com/beer/specialty/spirit-of-revolt ): After debuting an empowered Imperial IPA in 2018, Revolution Brewing is bringing back Spirit of Revoltcreated by the female employees of Revolution. The beer is named in reference to a Margaret Sanger essay ["Because I believe that deep down in woman's nature lies slumbering the spirit of revolt," from "The Woman Rebel"] and features specialty malts from female-led Weyermann Malting. Celebrate International Women's Day ( March 8 ) with a drink of this.
By Andrew Davis
(Andrew@WindyCityMediaGroup.com and @azygous60610)
This article shared 2333 times since Sun Mar 3, 2019
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Five Worth Finding: Skydeck, a great Italian dinner and more 2021-05-03|
- —Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower (TheSkydeck.com): The famed Skydeck Chicago, 103 stories up at Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) has reopened—complete with the ledges (that separate people from the city ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2019 Holiday Gift Guide Part One of Two 2019-11-27|
- Feel the heat We all know the polar vortex may be revisiting sooner rather than letter, so be ready with Heat Holders socks and gloves (various prices; HeatHolders.com). The socks, specially developed with cashmere-like acrylic yarn, ...
|Five Worth Finding: TeaPotBrew, 'The GayBCs' and more 2019-10-29|
- TeaPotBrew Bakery: Nestled in the South Loop/Prairie District, this bakery (1802 S. Wabash St.; 312-966-6001) features dozens of teas, delicious sandwiches/pastries and the friendliest staffers you'll likely to encounter. Also ...
Five Worth Finding: Pride, Carol's Cookies, Kimpton Gray and more 2019-06-18|
- The Queeriodic Table: A Celebration of LGBTQ+ Culture: Harriet Dyer's book (a take on the periodic table, of course) contains a glossary on current lingo and definitions; a condensed timeline of queer events from 1000 B.C.; ...
|Five Worth Finding, Beverages, Auto Show and more 2019-02-04|
- Sodastream Fizzi One Touch (Sodastream.com): This eco-friendly sparking-soda maker has been getting tons of positive reviewsand there are several reasons for this. It's absolutely easy to use, there's top-notch customer ...
|Five Worth Finding: Last-minute gifts 2018-12-19|
- tinyB Chocolate (https://www.tinybchocolate.com/): Sinful bite-sized chocolateswhich are great stocking-stuffersare the hallmark of this company. Among the cascade of flavors are dark chocolate and sprinkles; Brazilian coffee ...
|'One of a Kind Holiday Show' through Dec. 9 2018-12-07|
- Through Dec. 9, the One of a Kind Holiday Show is returning to the seventh floor of The Mart, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza. More than 600 independent artists from across North America and beyond are ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018 Part two 2018-12-05|
- Ross examination Diana Ross puts her indelible spin on holiday classics such as "The Christmas Song," "Winter Wonderland" and the title song on the CD Wonderful Christmastimea collection of holiday recordings from Diana Ross that were ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2018 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018-11-28|
- Rebel yell As many know, the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots is next year, and this cool "Rebel" T-shirtwhich out Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black designedmarks the occasion in ...
|Five Worth Finding: Haunting film, Skydeck and more 2018-11-27|
- What Haunts Us: This Emmy-nominated documentarywhich examines why many boys who graduated from the Porter-Gaud School in Charleston, South Carolina, committed suicide after becoming adultswill haunt you. Filmmaker Paige Goldberg ...
|Always Andersonville Pledge Local Campaign begins holiday schedule Nov. 24 2018-11-16|
- CHICAGO (November 16, 2018): Over 100 Andersonville businesses are featured in the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce's (ACC) holiday programming lineup this season with a full schedule of shopping, dining, entertainment ...
|Five Worth Finding: Glamping, AIDS Run & Walk, and more 2018-09-19|
- Glamping at The Gwen (https://www.thegwenchicago.com/rooms-suites/glamping/): Time is winding down to enjoy the glamping experience at the upscale River North hotel The Gwen, on the private terrace of the Gwen Lux ...
|Five Worth Finding: Shrimp House, Public Art, 30 Under 30 Awards 2018-06-06|
- The Original Island Shrimp House (http://www.originalislandshrimphouse.com/): Did you know that National Lobster Day is June 15? Well, one of the places where you can celebrate it is The Original Island Shrimp House in suburban Palos Park. ...
|Five Worth Finding, books, Phluid Project, restaurants 2018-04-11|
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times - Given Up for You: In this honest memoir from University of Wisconsin Press, Erin O. White shares her hunger for loveboth religious and secular. A lesbian, she spent time with her girlfriend and in Catholic confirmation ...