WINDY CITY TIMES
||Five Worth Finding, Beverages, Auto Show and more
by Andrew Davis, Windy City Times
This article shared 1602 times since Mon Feb 4, 2019
Sodastream Fizzi One Touch ( Sodastream.com ): This eco-friendly sparking-soda maker has been getting tons of positive reviewsand there are several reasons for this. It's absolutely easy to use, there's top-notch customer service and the results are delicious. Plus, you can order through the website and get free shipping.
Ferrari Brut sparking ( www.ferraritrento.com/en/collection/ferrari-brut/ ): It's a big column for carbonated beverages. Ferrari Trento, Italy's most-awarded sparkling wine, was crowned "Producer of the Year" at The Champagne & Sparkling Wine World Championshipsand the taste proves why. Moreover, it has an average price under $60 a bottle, compared to an average price of more than $300 for its French-quality equivalent.
Chicago Auto Show ( www.chicagoautoshow.com/ ): The next Chicago Auto Show will take place Feb. 9-18 at McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Dr. North America's largest auto show, the event ( which was first staged in 1901 ) spans more than 1 million square feet of floor space of the McCormick Place complex.
Your Ultimate Massage ( www.yourultimatemassage.net/ ): Experienced Chicago massage therapist Jake Birdsong effectively uses different therapeutic methods to make your visit relaxing and healing. Birdsong's style is intimate without feeling sexualand he's worked wonders on people who deal with a variety of ailments.
Spongelle ( www.tinybchocolate.com/ ): Spongelle specializes in luxurious bath products, and there's a wonderful variety of offerings. Shop by collection or fragrance ( such as beach grass, pumpkin spice and cedar absolute )and there are special items for Valentine's Day as well.
By Andrew Davis
( Andrew@WindyCityMediaGroup.com and @azygous60610 )
This article shared 1602 times since Mon Feb 4, 2019
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Five Worth Finding: Gift ideas 2021-12-15|
- With the holidays almost upon us, here are a few items to consider: —Samsung items: Some people may just think phones and computers when they think of Samsung, but the company offers so much more. For ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2021 2021-12-03|
- Yes, it’s that time of the year—when it’s especially emphasized that it’s better to give than to receive. With that in mind, here are some items you may want to consider getting that relative, friend or significant other. ...
|Five Worth Finding: Harold Washington, volcanic water and more 2021-10-07|
- Mayor Harold Washington's LGBTQ+ legacy: The LGBTQ legacy of late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (1922-1987) will be discussed as part of a series of events marking his 100th birthday in 2022. This free LGBTQ event will ...
|Five Worth Finding: 'Swan Song,' mental-health event, Halloween items, artwork 2021-09-04|
- Technically, there are six items here, but they're all highly recommended. —Swan Song: Throughout his long and storied career, German actor Udo Kier has taken on many roles—but probably none as indelible as former hairdresser Pat ...
|Romanticism to Ruin exhibition opening September 24 2021-08-19|
--From a press release - Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright, Wrightwood 659's fall exhibition, opens Sept. 24. Tickets are now available. The great American architects Louis H. Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright had rare gifts for ...
|Five Worth Finding: Gerber/Hart, 'Mr. Soul!,' S'mores desserts and more 2021-08-09|
- —Stacks of Laughter: Gerber/Hart Library and Archives, 6500 N. Clark St.. will host a comedy benefit, "Stacks of Laughter," on Saturday, Sept. 18. At 6 p.m., there will be a VIP reception with local historian John ...
|Five Worth Finding: Skydeck, a great Italian dinner and more 2021-05-03|
- —Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower (TheSkydeck.com): The famed Skydeck Chicago, 103 stories up at Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) has reopened—complete with the ledges (that separate people from the city ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2019 Holiday Gift Guide Part One of Two 2019-11-27|
- Feel the heat We all know the polar vortex may be revisiting sooner rather than letter, so be ready with Heat Holders socks and gloves (various prices; HeatHolders.com). The socks, specially developed with cashmere-like acrylic yarn, ...
|Five Worth Finding: TeaPotBrew, 'The GayBCs' and more 2019-10-29|
- TeaPotBrew Bakery: Nestled in the South Loop/Prairie District, this bakery (1802 S. Wabash St.; 312-966-6001) features dozens of teas, delicious sandwiches/pastries and the friendliest staffers you'll likely to encounter. Also ...
Five Worth Finding: Pride, Carol's Cookies, Kimpton Gray and more 2019-06-18|
- The Queeriodic Table: A Celebration of LGBTQ+ Culture: Harriet Dyer's book (a take on the periodic table, of course) contains a glossary on current lingo and definitions; a condensed timeline of queer events from 1000 B.C.; ...
|Five Worth Finding: Emotional book, Studio Three and more 2019-03-03|
- The Truth About Aaron: This book about the late football star/convicted murdered Aaron Hernandez, written by brother Jonathan, is a warts-and-all account of the sometimes brutal childhood Aaron had. Among ...
|Five Worth Finding: Last-minute gifts 2018-12-19|
- tinyB Chocolate (https://www.tinybchocolate.com/): Sinful bite-sized chocolateswhich are great stocking-stuffersare the hallmark of this company. Among the cascade of flavors are dark chocolate and sprinkles; Brazilian coffee ...
|'One of a Kind Holiday Show' through Dec. 9 2018-12-07|
- Through Dec. 9, the One of a Kind Holiday Show is returning to the seventh floor of The Mart, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza. More than 600 independent artists from across North America and beyond are ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018 Part two 2018-12-05|
- Ross examination Diana Ross puts her indelible spin on holiday classics such as "The Christmas Song," "Winter Wonderland" and the title song on the CD Wonderful Christmastimea collection of holiday recordings from Diana Ross that were ...