WINDY CITY TIMES
||Five Worth Finding, Beverages, Auto Show and more
by Andrew Davis, Windy City Times
This article shared 1448 times since Mon Feb 4, 2019
Sodastream Fizzi One Touch ( Sodastream.com ): This eco-friendly sparking-soda maker has been getting tons of positive reviewsand there are several reasons for this. It's absolutely easy to use, there's top-notch customer service and the results are delicious. Plus, you can order through the website and get free shipping.
Ferrari Brut sparking ( www.ferraritrento.com/en/collection/ferrari-brut/ ): It's a big column for carbonated beverages. Ferrari Trento, Italy's most-awarded sparkling wine, was crowned "Producer of the Year" at The Champagne & Sparkling Wine World Championshipsand the taste proves why. Moreover, it has an average price under $60 a bottle, compared to an average price of more than $300 for its French-quality equivalent.
Chicago Auto Show ( www.chicagoautoshow.com/ ): The next Chicago Auto Show will take place Feb. 9-18 at McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Dr. North America's largest auto show, the event ( which was first staged in 1901 ) spans more than 1 million square feet of floor space of the McCormick Place complex.
Your Ultimate Massage ( www.yourultimatemassage.net/ ): Experienced Chicago massage therapist Jake Birdsong effectively uses different therapeutic methods to make your visit relaxing and healing. Birdsong's style is intimate without feeling sexualand he's worked wonders on people who deal with a variety of ailments.
Spongelle ( www.tinybchocolate.com/ ): Spongelle specializes in luxurious bath products, and there's a wonderful variety of offerings. Shop by collection or fragrance ( such as beach grass, pumpkin spice and cedar absolute )and there are special items for Valentine's Day as well.
By Andrew Davis
( Andrew@WindyCityMediaGroup.com and @azygous60610 )
This article shared 1448 times since Mon Feb 4, 2019
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Five Worth Finding: Skydeck, a great Italian dinner and more 2021-05-03|
- —Skydeck Chicago at Willis Tower (TheSkydeck.com): The famed Skydeck Chicago, 103 stories up at Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) has reopened—complete with the ledges (that separate people from the city ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES annual Holiday Gift Guide, Part Two
- I'll drink to that Inspired by TV host Giuliana Rancic, Giuliana Prosecco ($14.99; TerlatoWines.com) is smooth, with a fruity scent and deceptively complex taste. It may sound weird to say you settled down with Giuliana after ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2019 Holiday Gift Guide Part One of Two 2019-11-27|
- Feel the heat We all know the polar vortex may be revisiting sooner rather than letter, so be ready with Heat Holders socks and gloves (various prices; HeatHolders.com). The socks, specially developed with cashmere-like acrylic yarn, ...
|Five Worth Finding: TeaPotBrew, 'The GayBCs' and more 2019-10-29|
- TeaPotBrew Bakery: Nestled in the South Loop/Prairie District, this bakery (1802 S. Wabash St.; 312-966-6001) features dozens of teas, delicious sandwiches/pastries and the friendliest staffers you'll likely to encounter. Also ...
Five Worth Finding: Pride, Carol's Cookies, Kimpton Gray and more 2019-06-18|
- The Queeriodic Table: A Celebration of LGBTQ+ Culture: Harriet Dyer's book (a take on the periodic table, of course) contains a glossary on current lingo and definitions; a condensed timeline of queer events from 1000 B.C.; ...
|Five Worth Finding: Emotional book, Studio Three and more 2019-03-03|
- The Truth About Aaron: This book about the late football star/convicted murdered Aaron Hernandez, written by brother Jonathan, is a warts-and-all account of the sometimes brutal childhood Aaron had. Among ...
|Five Worth Finding: Last-minute gifts 2018-12-19|
- tinyB Chocolate (https://www.tinybchocolate.com/): Sinful bite-sized chocolateswhich are great stocking-stuffersare the hallmark of this company. Among the cascade of flavors are dark chocolate and sprinkles; Brazilian coffee ...
|'One of a Kind Holiday Show' through Dec. 9 2018-12-07|
- Through Dec. 9, the One of a Kind Holiday Show is returning to the seventh floor of The Mart, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza. More than 600 independent artists from across North America and beyond are ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018 Part two 2018-12-05|
- Ross examination Diana Ross puts her indelible spin on holiday classics such as "The Christmas Song," "Winter Wonderland" and the title song on the CD Wonderful Christmastimea collection of holiday recordings from Diana Ross that were ...
|WINDY CITY TIMES 2018 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018-11-28|
- Rebel yell As many know, the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots is next year, and this cool "Rebel" T-shirtwhich out Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black designedmarks the occasion in ...
|Five Worth Finding: Haunting film, Skydeck and more 2018-11-27|
- What Haunts Us: This Emmy-nominated documentarywhich examines why many boys who graduated from the Porter-Gaud School in Charleston, South Carolina, committed suicide after becoming adultswill haunt you. Filmmaker Paige Goldberg ...
|Always Andersonville Pledge Local Campaign begins holiday schedule Nov. 24 2018-11-16|
- CHICAGO (November 16, 2018): Over 100 Andersonville businesses are featured in the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce's (ACC) holiday programming lineup this season with a full schedule of shopping, dining, entertainment ...
|Five Worth Finding: Glamping, AIDS Run & Walk, and more 2018-09-19|
- Glamping at The Gwen (https://www.thegwenchicago.com/rooms-suites/glamping/): Time is winding down to enjoy the glamping experience at the upscale River North hotel The Gwen, on the private terrace of the Gwen Lux ...
|Five Worth Finding: Shrimp House, Public Art, 30 Under 30 Awards 2018-06-06|
- The Original Island Shrimp House (http://www.originalislandshrimphouse.com/): Did you know that National Lobster Day is June 15? Well, one of the places where you can celebrate it is The Original Island Shrimp House in suburban Palos Park. ...
|Five Worth Finding, books, Phluid Project, restaurants 2018-04-11|
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times - Given Up for You: In this honest memoir from University of Wisconsin Press, Erin O. White shares her hunger for loveboth religious and secular. A lesbian, she spent time with her girlfriend and in Catholic confirmation ...