WINDY CITY TIMES
||Field Museum fashion exhibition starts Sept. 14
This article shared 2642 times since Wed Sep 12, 2012
The Field Museum's newest exhibition, "Fashion and The Field Museum Collection: Maria Pinto," will run Sept. 14-June 16, 2013.
The exhibition explores the world of design, mixing artifacts hand-selected from the museum's collections by esteemed Chicago fashion designer Maria Pinto along with contemporary pieces Pinto created.
In 2010, Pinto selected objects that inspired her in collaboration with Alaka Wali, the museum's curator in North American anthropology. Pinto's artistic perspective includes items such as a crocodile skin vest, a parka made of bird skins and a necklace made of woven monkey fur.
The museum is at 1400 S. Lake Shore Dr. See www.FieldMuseum.org .
This article shared 2642 times since Wed Sep 12, 2012
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Chicago Red Stars down Houston 3-0 2023-08-06|
- In local pro women's soccer action, the Chicago Red Stars closed the UKG Challenge Cup play in historic fashion with three goals all assisted by defender Casey Krueger, blanking the Houston Dash 3-0 on Aug. 5 ...
|Stefanie Clark reflects on life as a both a fashion model and senior advocate 2023-06-15|
- An oft-repeated quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald—usually taken out-of-context—suggests that "there are no second acts in American lives." Local activist—and, as of lately, model— Stefanie Clark has been putting a ...
|Viktor Luna moonlights once again on Project Runway 2023-06-14|
- Out and proud fashion designer Viktor Luna returns for more challenges in the upcoming season 20 of Project Runway. The Emmy Award-winning competition series has assembled 14 designers from its past, with Christian Siriano serving as ...
|Chicago House welcomes spring with 'Secret Garden' event 2023-05-12|
- On May 7, Chicago House presented its annual spring fashion brunch, this year titled The Secret Garden, in the Winter Green Ballroom of the Harold Washington Library. The annual event, which some now regard as the ...
|Billy Porter discusses his fashion choices, personal ambitions 2023-01-30|
- Billy Porter—the Tony, Emmy and Grammy winner—needs no introduction—especially to the many fans of his character Pray Tell on Ryan Murphy's hit TV series Pose. Coming up exclusively in theaters Feb. 3, Porter will star as ...
|WORLD Murder suspect arrested, Israeli official, conversion therapy, couple's win 2023-01-08|
- Kenyan authorities arrested a suspect in the death of fashion designer/LGBTQ+-rights activist Edwin Chiloba after his body was found dumped in a metal box by the roadside near the town of Eldoret, according to CNN. Last ...
|Annual STRUT event shines spotlight on World AIDS Day 2022-12-07|
- On the evening of Nov. 4, the annual STRUT fashion show celebrated its 13th edition at Joe's on Weed St. As in the past, STRUT shined its spotlight on up-and-coming young fashion designers while raising funds for ...
|Chicago History Museum holds special screening, panel discussion 2022-11-07|
- The Costume Council of the Chicago History Museum presented a special screening of the Youtube Originals series Supreme Models: The Documentary and a panel with an array of A-list fashion industry panelists. Among the participants were ...
|Chicago History Museum to host 'Supreme Models' screening Nov. 4 2022-10-19|
- The Costume Council of the Chicago History Museum will host the official Midwest screening of Supreme Models and an exclusive in-person celebration on Friday, Nov. 4, 5:30-9:30 p.m. at The Chicago History Museum, 1601 N. Clark ...
|FashionBar hosting Chicago Fashion Week, PFLAG conference 2022-10-01|
- Fashion Bar announced that it's hosting Chicago Fashion Week. The shows will take place Oct. 16-23 at Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Ave. Additionally, FashionBar will host the. PFLAG Northern Illinois conference at Water Tower ...
|Chicago Fashion Week taking place April 24-May 1 2022-04-19|
- FashionBar, LLC announced Chicago Fashion Week will take place April 24-May 1 on the third floor of Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Ave. Some of the shows will include "Emerging Students" (April 26), "Trans, Media ...
|Designs for Dignity gala on May 19 2022-04-19|
- Designs for Dignity's annual fundraising gala, "Spirit of Design," will take place Thursday, May 19, 6-10 p.m., and will celebrate more than 20 years of impact on Chicago's nonprofit community. The event will take place at ...
|Chicago Fashion Week April 24 to May 1 2022-04-05|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO — FashionBar, LLC is pleased to announce Chicago Fashion Week powered by FashionBar LLC, scheduled from April 24th to May 1st at Water Tower Place on Chicago's Magnificent Mile. FashionBar is proud to celebrate this ...
|LGBTQIA+-focused talent group launches in Orlando, Chicago and Miami 2022-03-31|
- Orlando-based experiential marketing company, 82 South, Inc., has launched MODE (Made on Diversity and Equality) Talent Group this month to promote LGBTQIA+ and other underrepresented talent for bookings in fashion ...
|NATIONAL Mayor makes history, LGBTQ+ Latinx demo, fashion show, N.C. law 2022-03-20|
- In Florida, Boynton Beach elected its first out LGBTQ mayoras well as the first Asian-American mayor in the state's history, LGBTQ Nation noted. Ty Penserga not only won the election, but he beat a homophobe who ...