||FU TV Part 2
This article shared 2563 times since Wed Sep 27, 2006
While playing it safe is good for preventing HIV infection, it is rather boring on TV. I am not sure whose gay lifestyle they are reflective of, but it is not mine, or anyone I know. However, they have the power and own enough gay real estate to ensure that the programs will only be complimented in the press.
Wow, THAT's honest.
As far as HERE, I commend them in bringing in John Waters. That's a major feather in their cap. The common complaint I hear about HERE is that people are confused about whether it is a network or a video-on-demand service. To answer the question, are they giving the viewers what they want; one must ask themselves who they know that watches these networks and what are their thoughts on the programs. I don't take it upon myself to speak for GLBT viewers, as that job has been taken by GLAAD, whose award show can be seen on LOGO.
Ouch, Jack. Are you sure this isn't sour grapes talking?
Maybe a little. ( laughs ) But honestly, I'm fed up with the crap they are putting on TV and calling entertainment. You would think that Brian Graden, who brought us such cool shows as South Park would not let them get away with shoving Priscilla Queen of the Desert down our throats three times a day. You would think that Mr. Graden would say, hey, enough Priscilla, enough vanilla, we are gay men and women and we should not only think outside the box but we should throw the box away and start from scratch. I admire HERE for their openness, even though I am not their cup of tea. I wish I was because I see them with the most potential. They have a great business plan from what I can see. They also have attractive employees, so if you have to go in and be rejected, it is kind of cool having it done by someone attractive, kind of like emotional S & M.
Not that they will after reading this, but if the big boys at Logo called you tomorrow and offered you a show, would you say FU to FUTV?
F no. We are beginning to see the power of the internet. People on this planet, and I have been given permission to speak for them all, are sick of the filters channels like LOGO and MTV impose on their talent. Everyone wants to filter what we see or hear. The filterization of media has become very apparent with this war in Iraq. If broadband internet and the blogosphere would have been as relevant several years ago, we would never have ended up in this war. Bloggers are raw and in your face. They deal in facts and not on-air personalities. There was so much filtering going on with the major news organizations during the build up to the Iraq war that I think they should all be fired—from Wolf Blitzer all the way down to that skanky Elizabeth Vargas who blames Matthew Shepard's death on his drug use. Remember, the water is always freshest from the spout. The less filtered the fruit, the sweeter it tastes. We are all adults; we don't need someone to tell us we are not allowed to hear the word fuck, or ass, or cocksucker. Censorship is by far the most foul word in the dictionary. So to answer your question, the only big boys I like are, in fact, big boys.
FU-TV launches on WorldofWonder.net this fall. For more information on Jack E. Jett, visit his website at www.jackejett.com .
This article shared 2563 times since Wed Sep 27, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Billy Porter discusses his fashion choices, personal ambitions 2023-01-30|
- Billy Porter—the Tony, Emmy and Grammy winner—needs no introduction—especially to the many fans of his character Pray Tell on Ryan Murphy's hit TV series Pose. Coming up exclusively in theaters Feb. 3, Porter will star as ...
|SHOWBIZ Lil Nas X, Sam Smith, tennis items, Oscars, Queerties 2023-01-29|
- Famed children's entertainers The Wiggles sent parents into a frenzy when they posted a photo with out rapper Lil Nas X to their Instagram account and wrote, "New collab in the wind?," according to LGBTQ Nation. ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Planet Sex,' Critics Choice Awards, Madonna, Theo James 2023-01-22|
- The show Planet Sex with Cara Delevingne will debut on Hulu on Feb. 14 (Valentine's Day), Out noted. Planet Sex is a six-episode docuseries following the model/actress. "On this immersive journey, she puts her mind and ...
|GLAAD announces nominees for 34th Annual GLAAD Media Awards 2023-01-18|
--From a press release. Video below - Jan. 18, 2023 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, today announced the nominees for the 34th Annual GLAAD Media Awards. ...
|SHOWBIZ Indigo Girls, LGBTQ+ films, GALECA nods, Jeremy Pope 2023-01-15|
- Indigo Girls will perform at an opening-night celebration for the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 19 in Park City, Utah, Variety reported. The Grammy-winning lesbian folk-rock duo are debuting their new documentary, It's Only Life After All, ...
|SHOWBIZ Best in theater, TV, film and music; Obama's favorites; 'Glass Onion' 2022-12-31|
- Deadline's Broadway critic revealed his picks for the best of 2022. Leopoldstadt topped his list, but other productions included Kimberly Akimbo, Some Like It Hot, Into the Woods, Hangmen, Ain't No Mo', A Strange Loop, Topdog/Underdog, ...
|Billy Masters: All the retrospective you'll need to show 2022 the door 2022-12-26|
- "He doesn't like gay people. Doesn't want them in Russia. And then he's got the wonderful basketball player and he won't let her out. Make up your mind! He's always acting so butch and strutting around. You know what that ...
|SHOWBIZ Janelle Monae, Harvey Guillen, Whitney Houston, 'Drag Race,' Greg Berlanti 2022-12-24|
- Janelle Monae has teased a new album, joking that they now has a "clone" for music who has been hard at work in the studio, NME noted. Monae—whose leading part as Helen Brand in the new Glass Onion: ...
|SHOWBIZ Best and worst films, Broadway, Adam Lambert, 'Proud Family,' women's hockey 2022-12-18|
- IndieWire revealed its list of the best LGBTQ+ films and TV series of 2022. Just some of the selections included Benediction, Bros, Do Revenge, Fire Island, Everything Everywhere All At Once, The Inspection, Los Espookys, P-Valley, ...
| Chicago Fire FC wins first-ever Midwest Emmy Award 2022-12-07|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (Dec. 6, 2022) — Chicago Fire FC has been awarded the Club's first ever Regional Emmy Award in the category of "Outstanding Crafts Achievement for Graphics Arts/Motion Graphics/ Art Direction/Set Design" as a part of ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Bros,' awards, Bjork, video-game love story, 'White Lotus' 2022-12-04|
- The gay rom-com film Bros started streaming on Peacock on Dec. 2, Out noted. Written by Billy Eichner and Nicholas Stoller (and directed by the latter), Bros was produced by Judd Apatow and starred Eichner along with an all-LGBTQ+ ...
|WORLD Japan ruling, Kenya groups, World Cup, Almodovar 2022-12-04|
Video below - A district court in the Tokyo Prefecture ruled that Japan's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage is legal, according to The Washington Blade. In a statement to Reuters, plaintiffs' attorney Nobuhito Sawasaki said, "This is actually a ...
|Billy Porter receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame 2022-12-02|
- On Dec. 1, award-winning actor/director/singer/playwright Billy Porter received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. "I'm just so blessed and so grateful to be here," he said, according to KTLA. "James Baldwin said, 'It's an ...
|SHOWBIZ Queer channel, gay actor dies, Jeopardy!, Luke and Chris Evans 2022-11-13|
- Fuse Media—a Latino-owned, multiplatform entertainment company—announced that in partnership with OUTtv, it is expanding its suite of DEI FAST channels with the launch of the channel OUTtv Proud, per a press release. Set for a 2023 ...
|SHOWBIZ Gay racer, GALECA, Lena Waithe, 'Chicago,' LGBTQ+ films 2022-11-06|
- Gay motorsports racer Zach Herrin made his long-awaited debut in a NASCAR-affiliated race in Phoenix, The Advocate noted. "I know I have a lot of eyes on me, and all I want to do is get out there and blur everything ...