WINDY CITY TIMES
||Elliot Page and wife announce divorce
This article shared 895 times since Tue Jan 26, 2021
Elliot Pagethe Oscar-nominated actor who recently came out as transgenderand his wife, Emma Portner, are getting divorced, CNN.com reported.
A statement read, "After much thought and careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to divorce following our separation last summer. We have the utmost respect for each other and remain close friends."
Their split came three years after they announced that they tied the knot.
After Page came out as trans two months ago, Portner posted a supportive message on Instagram.
Page became a star with the hit 2007 film Juno, for which he got an Oscar nomination. He also appeared in two X-Men films and the 2010 science-fiction film Inception.
This article shared 895 times since Tue Jan 26, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WORLD Court rulings, trans kids' books, activist dies, Naomi Campbell 2021-03-07|
- A Chinese court upheld a ruling that a textbook description of homosexuality as "a psychological disorder" was not a factual error but merely an "academic view," according to the South China Morning Post. The Chinese LGBT ...
|NATIONAL Lesbian bar closes, COVID survey, trans lawsuit, Andy Towle 2021-03-07|
- The Toasted Walnuta lesbian bar in Philadelphia's Gayborhood that was refuge to queer women for the past five yearswill close for good, according to an Eater Philly item that cited Billy Penn. The bar had been ...
'Pose' to end after season three
- The FX show Pose—the groundbreaking series focused on New York City's African-American and Latino LGBTQ+ drag ball culture scene in the 1980s and ‘90s—will end after its third season, Deadline reported. ...
|PrEP options likely to change following Truvada patent expiration 2021-03-04|
- Among the myriad challenges facing HIV/AIDS advocates and healthcare providers has been increasing use of pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP, among persons at risk for HIV transmission. A PrEP intervention, which usually consists of taking the oral ...
|Most states are considering anti-transgender bills
- Legislators in more than half the states are debating bills to limit access to sports or medical care for transgender people, according to an article by The Hill. Across the nation, at least 35 bills have ...
|Dr. Rachel Levine confirmation hearing today, to be first trans Senate-confirmed appointee 2021-02-25|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — Today Dr. Rachel Levine will testify before the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions about her experience and qualifications to be the next U.S. Assistant Secretary of Health. If moved ...
|Victory Institute condemns Rand Paul attack on
Dr. Rachel Levine, trans youth 2021-02-25|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — Today LGBTQ Victory Institute condemned Senator Rand Paul's transphobic attack on Dr. Rachel Levine during her confirmation hearing before the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. He attacked trans you ...
|LGBTs rise to 5.6% of U.S. population
- Gallup's latest update on lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender identification finds 5.6% of U.S. adults identifying as LGBT, according to the organization. The current estimate is up from 4.5% in Gallup's previous update based on 2017 ...
|Gov. Pritzker signs legislation transforming Illinois criminal justice system 2021-02-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Building on efforts to create a more equitable and safe criminal justice system, Governor JB Pritzker signed landmark legislation that transforms Illinois' criminal justice system. This landmark legislation ...
|NATIONAL Virginia items, Marriott CEO, Black LGBTQ+ icons, trans kids' book 2021-02-21|
- Virginia lawmakers are about to roll back a state law that allows faith-based adoption and foster-care agencies to refuse service to LGBTQ families, VirginiaMercury.com reported. The legislation has spurred heated ...
|WORLD Canadian groups, Moroccan refugee, LGBT+ Rights Ghana, trans heroine 2021-02-21|
- From $400,000 in funding for a national initiative aimed at expanding two-spirit advocacy, to $239,000 to improve LGBTQ youth housing access in the Prairies, 76 Canadian community groups are being sent nearly $15 million from the ...
|Male-only Michigan campsite bans trans men
- In Michigan, the owners of Camp Boomerang RV Park and Campground in Orleansabout 50 miles northwest of Lansingannounced they will ban trans men from their male-only park when they officially open this spring, PrideSource.com reported. "Camp ...
|CDC establishes school-reopening guidelines
- On Feb. 12, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said that teachers and students should return to the classroom and can do so safelyeven in areas with high rates of viral transmissionif certain mitigation ...
|Quigley statement on HUD announcement of enforcement of Fair Housing Act
--From a press release - Chicago, IL — Today, U.S. Representative Mike Quigley (IL-05), a member of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies, released a statement after the ...
|HUD to enforce act prohibiting discrimination on sexual orientation, gender identity 2021-02-11|
--From a press release - WASHINGTONThe U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) today announced that it will administer and enforce the Fair Housing Act to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. HUD's Office ...